CHFL 2012 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Robbo is still helping hepburn out by telling clubs a little further north that some of the better players from rival clubs are on the move looking for cash !! It seems he thinks he is the manager for one of the betta players outside of hepburn, even passing phone numbers on!! Group 1 w***er...

Hey all

I have made up some downloadable (and printable) fixtures again for the 2012 season.

Full size fixture - Click here
Pocket size fixture - Click here

Ive also put together an online calendar/fixture that you can sync to your mobile device (iPhone, iPad). Havent tested it on Android but see how you go. Click here for instructions.

:thumbsu:

Hi

I live in Melbourne and am playing footy up in the country this year and heard a rumour about a group of country players from different leagues training together at Gosch's Paddock in Richmond.
1. Is this true?
2. If so, can anyone train there?
3. What times do they train?

Cheers

Hey all

I have made up some downloadable (and printable) fixtures again for the 2012 season.

Full size fixture - Click here
Pocket size fixture - Click here

Ive also put together an online calendar/fixture that you can sync to your mobile device (iPhone, iPad). Havent tested it on Android but see how you go. Click here for instructions.

:thumbsu:
Well done. Thanks for this, just new to iPhone and this worked well. Cheers. :thumbsu:

Pretty quiet on here this season. I'll try not to make any outlandish comments like the mistake I made with the big O last year.
2012 ladder predictions?
What are we thinking? I know it's ridiculously early but with the clearances really rolling through the doors now and with preseason just about over, it is a good discussion. No doubt people will be talking up recruits and development.
So have a crack and open up some discussion on what looks like a closely contested season in a quickly improving comp

I see Robbo is still helping hepburn out by telling clubs a little further north that some of the better players from rival clubs are on the move looking for cash !! It seems he thinks he is the manager for one of the betta players outside of hepburn, even passing phone numbers on!! Group 1 w***er...

so whos the player or players and weres robbo trying to send them

Pretty quiet on here this season. I'll try not to make any outlandish comments like the mistake I made with the big O last year.
2012 ladder predictions?
What are we thinking? I know it's ridiculously early but with the clearances really rolling through the doors now and with preseason just about over, it is a good discussion. No doubt people will be talking up recruits and development.
So have a crack and open up some discussion on what looks like a closely contested season in a quickly improving comp

The ladder for mine;

1. Waubra
2. Bunninyong
3. Hepburn
4. Newlyn
5. Beaufort
6. Daylesford
7. Springbank
8. Dunnstown
9. Bungaree
10. Clunes
11. Carngham
12. Skipton
13. Gordon
14. Learmonth
15. Rokewood
16. Ballan
17. Creswick
18. Illabarook

Should be a ripping year, I'm expecting the league to be very competetive this year, with a few of the midrange sides coming into genuine contention. Waubra, should be favourites, Tipping daylesord to slide, Bunninyong, Newlyn, Beaufort and Springbank to be big improvers.

Don't know much about the former LPFL sides, but will be interested to see how they go this year.

Should be a cracker of a comp this year with nearly all teams looking to be better than last year. Not going to bother tipping an 8, nearly impossible this year.
Plus Interleague, can’t wait!

Waubra definitely the team to beat this year and i find it hard to see anyone seriously challenging them as the best side.
Hepburn will no doubt be thereabouts again but with a few of the players that have been around for a while moving on as well as Robbo there must be some doubts about just how well they will go.
Daylesford have lost Scoble, Rodgers and Beattie which are big blows, straight away they need to replace 70 odd goals that Beattie provided last year. Have they picked anyone or are they trying to slip under the radar somewhat??
Buninyong will be better, maybe even top 2 but I question whether they have the drive to win it. There is something about Buninyong's previous culture that says to me they'll slip up on the big stage.
Gordon have picked up Murphy and Wicks which are good gets but they had a terrific run with luck in the close games last year (ie Clunes, Bungaree, Cargnham-Linton, Dunnstown). They certainly could be anything with a youngish side.
Bungaree are in a similar boat and will be hoping to perform a little more consistently.
Beaufort look like they have picked up what they lost so I expect them to tread water a little bit, but who knows, could go either way.
To me Dunnstown and Carngham look to be the sliders although i still expect the towners to be in the hunt for the 8 until well into the season. Cargnham for me look to be battling Illabarook for the spoon at this stage.

Springbank and Newlyn are obviously going to be the big improvers. Newlyn look the more likely imo with a really impressive midfield. Their forward line remains questionable and will perhaps be what holds them back.
Springbank should be the opposite with quite an impressive forward line but the backline is a major concern for the Bankers if last year is anything to go by.
I think both will make the 8, with Newlyn up around 5th or 6th and the Bankers scraping in 7th or 8th.
Clunes are perhaps one of the harder ones to gauge, they were probably the best of the rest last year but will need to do a fair bit of recruiting to make the grade this year.
Creswick look to be getting their act together and I think will be one to watch this year. Don’t think they’ll be good enough to make the 8 but I reckon they’ll take a scalp or two this year.
Skipton have recruited fairly well however have drawn most of their players from the Mininera and Maryborough leagues so while they will most likely be competitive I think they will struggle for quality.
Learmonth and Ballan will both be better sides however I don’t think that will translate into ladder positions. Chris McGuigan in particular is a good pickup for the Lakies and I’m sure Ballan won’t be as hopeless as last year, but both teams are coming from a long way back.
The Hoppers are another that its hard to tell where they’ll fit in, but I think it’s fairly safe to say they won’t need to worry about September. Probably similar to Learmonth and Ballan.
Illabarook, well they are going to need all the luck they can get after last year. I think they’ll improve actually but any more than one win will be a spectacular effort.

Hopefully that creates some discussion eh Scoob?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i`ll go this way for 2012........
1...waubra
2...hepburn
3...springbank
4...newlyn
5...bunninyong
6...bungaree
7...daylesford
8...dunnstown
9...gordon
10...springbank
11...skipton
12...ballan
13...learmonth
14...carngham linton
15...clunes
16...creswick
17...rokewood
18...illabrook

some sides may improve with players from other comps ! be great for the comp if last years bottom teams became competitive on a weekly basis.

The ladder for mine;

1. Waubra
2. Bunninyong
3. Hepburn
4. Newlyn
5. Beaufort
6. Daylesford
7. Springbank
8. Dunnstown
9. Bungaree
10. Clunes
11. Carngham
12. Skipton
13. Gordon
14. Learmonth
15. Rokewood
16. Ballan
17. Creswick
18. Illabarook

Should be a ripping year, I'm expecting the league to be very competetive this year, with a few of the midrange sides coming into genuine contention. Waubra, should be favourites, Tipping daylesord to slide, Bunninyong, Newlyn, Beaufort and Springbank to be big improvers.

Don't know much about the former LPFL sides, but will be interested to see how they go this year.

Yeah great effort gents.
Best thing about footy is the difference of opinion.
Your right, the LPFL sides are hard to judge. Illabarook will battle but hopefully some improvement. Have they got the same coach as last year? C-Linton, would want to have recruited well. Were there about last year but Hilly gone leaves a big hole. Did TMG stay on at Rokewood?

Should be a cracker of a comp this year with nearly all teams looking to be better than last year. Not going to bother tipping an 8, nearly impossible this year.
Plus Interleague, can’t wait!

Waubra definitely the team to beat this year and i find it hard to see anyone seriously challenging them as the best side.
Hepburn will no doubt be thereabouts again but with a few of the players that have been around for a while moving on as well as Robbo there must be some doubts about just how well they will go.
Daylesford have lost Scoble, Rodgers and Beattie which are big blows, straight away they need to replace 70 odd goals that Beattie provided last year. Have they picked anyone or are they trying to slip under the radar somewhat??
Buninyong will be better, maybe even top 2 but I question whether they have the drive to win it. There is something about Buninyong's previous culture that says to me they'll slip up on the big stage.
Gordon have picked up Murphy and Wicks which are good gets but they had a terrific run with luck in the close games last year (ie Clunes, Bungaree, Cargnham-Linton, Dunnstown). They certainly could be anything with a youngish side.
Bungaree are in a similar boat and will be hoping to perform a little more consistently.
Beaufort look like they have picked up what they lost so I expect them to tread water a little bit, but who knows, could go either way.
To me Dunnstown and Carngham look to be the sliders although i still expect the towners to be in the hunt for the 8 until well into the season. Cargnham for me look to be battling Illabarook for the spoon at this stage.

Springbank and Newlyn are obviously going to be the big improvers. Newlyn look the more likely imo with a really impressive midfield. Their forward line remains questionable and will perhaps be what holds them back.
Springbank should be the opposite with quite an impressive forward line but the backline is a major concern for the Bankers if last year is anything to go by.
I think both will make the 8, with Newlyn up around 5th or 6th and the Bankers scraping in 7th or 8th.
Clunes are perhaps one of the harder ones to gauge, they were probably the best of the rest last year but will need to do a fair bit of recruiting to make the grade this year.
Creswick look to be getting their act together and I think will be one to watch this year. Don’t think they’ll be good enough to make the 8 but I reckon they’ll take a scalp or two this year.
Skipton have recruited fairly well however have drawn most of their players from the Mininera and Maryborough leagues so while they will most likely be competitive I think they will struggle for quality.
Learmonth and Ballan will both be better sides however I don’t think that will translate into ladder positions. Chris McGuigan in particular is a good pickup for the Lakies and I’m sure Ballan won’t be as hopeless as last year, but both teams are coming from a long way back.
The Hoppers are another that its hard to tell where they’ll fit in, but I think it’s fairly safe to say they won’t need to worry about September. Probably similar to Learmonth and Ballan.
Illabarook, well they are going to need all the luck they can get after last year. I think they’ll improve actually but any more than one win will be a spectacular effort.

Hopefully that creates some discussion eh Scoob?

Springbank impressive forwardline? Of who?

Just Knowles as far as I know... Eltringham at Roosters, Broussard gone and Harry still has a long way to go.

1...waubra
2...hepburn
3...springbank
4...newlyn
5...bunninyong
6...bungaree
7...daylesford
8...dunnstown
9...gordon
10...springbank
11...skipton
12...ballan
13...learmonth
14...carngham linton
15...clunes
16...creswick
17...rokewood
18...illabrook

some sides may improve with players from other comps ! be great for the comp if last years bottom teams became competitive on a weekly basis.

Would love to see the LPFL do well, but they're are getting weaker and not stronger in the CHFL. No excuses, but all four sides had better lists in the LPFL. Skipton should be competitive in 2012. C/L were last year, but have lost a lot of players in 2012. I am not sure all four LPFL sides will survive in a 1 tier CHFL structure.

1...waubra
2...hepburn
3...springbank
4...newlyn
5...bunninyong
6...bungaree
7...daylesford
8...dunnstown
9...gordon
10...springbank
11...skipton
12...ballan
13...learmonth
14...carngham linton
15...clunes
16...creswick
17...rokewood
18...illabrook

You've got Springbank 3rd and 10th????

yeh fair enough, didn't realise broussard had left as well. its really quite bare down there if you take knowles out of the equation actually. interesting times ahead

I don't rate Springbank as a threat for the flag at all. Will be good against the lower and mid table sides, but will struggle against the top teams in my opinion. Time will tell.

Less than a month away from round 1, have any clubs played praccy matches yet?

I see in the Courier Joe Gilbert is pumping up Buninyongs premiership chances in March AGAIN! When is this guy going to learn that talk is cheap at this time of year, the young blokes in the team would just be getting the wrong message from comments like that. Either way, a lot of pressure on him as a coach and im tipping there would be even more internal pressure - Best facilities, biggest town, plenty of money, closest to Ballarat and haven't won a flag in a long long time!

not generally a fan of this site but your very right sphincter talk is cheap.
joey is just a bloke whos keen for a premiership like the rest of us mate and all of us at the club (including the young blokes) are behind him 100%. Because IT IS hard to lose two preliminary finals in a row and he has said from the start we should be aiming for a grandfinal, which im sure every club has as the front runner for motivation this season, after all thats what we play footy for isnt it? just think ya bein a little harsh mate, anyways best o luck this season.

Have fun playing in 2's flag den ouden u cat

Hey fellas

Rocbank football club are looking for a game for this Saturday happy to travel or play at home as our opponent pulled out pm straight away if any team is available cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back