CHFL 2012 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Gordon by 4 goals. Reality to hit Waubra that the era is over.

Gee Ryang u've gone very early on writing Waubra off. I only saw the second half last week and they looked ok( had plenty missing). Ballan looked to be much improved.

Wauber have a few injuries to key players but they do have some depth in wininning the reservers & under 18s. Some of older premiership players will be returning.

Plenty have written Daylesford off early in the past only for them to have egg on their face with almost winning past to Gfs

The Roos may not be favourites but will be there abouts with a full list and with Skonna in charge.

1 & 2Hepburn & Bunninyong -a class above at this stage.. Both recriuted some guns adding needed class & depth.

3 & 4 Daylesford & Waubra - Could beat anyside on their day, have had the same core groups for 5-6 years & could beat top 2 sides on their day will peak towards the end

Beaufort , Newlyn & Springbank- could all push into top 4 towards the end as the teams gel. Will all get better as season progresses Injuries to play a roll with questionable depth. Will be hard to beat in the finals.
Great to see Newlyn on the improve with some local guns returning for little coin.

Gordon , Ballan , Bungaree, Will fight it out for the rest of the spots , depending on who can with the 8 pointers and pinch a win against a top 4 side.

Tristian May is my the tip for league medel. Is rumoured to be super fit and exstremely randy.

Great win by waubra. Talk of there demise is way off the mark. Good win by carngham today beating flag favourites ballan. Talk of them getting even close to the 8 is way off the mark. Massive win by bunningyong aswell.

Great win by waubra. Talk of there demise is way off the mark. Good win by carngham today beating flag favourites ballan. Talk of them getting even close to the 8 is way off the mark. Massive win by bunningyong aswell.

your a w***er mate ballan flag favourites we have won 3 games outta of our last 19 games ,its because of people like you this thread is dead you have never got anything good to say . mark williams should be out 6 to 10 weeks

your a w***er mate ballan flag favourites we have won 3 games outta of our last 19 games ,its because of people like you this thread is dead you have never got anything good to say . mark williams should be out 6 to 10 weeks

Not good new on field....
Should save the club 12 to 20 grand tho.... so not worst thing that can happen :D

Seeing as carngham has won its first 2 games, i wonder if the courier will still have them as their wooden spoon favourites? Hats off must go to ballan tho for their delicous hotdogs, I ate 6 of them and could easily had more if they hadn't of run out.

Seeing as carngham has won its first 2 games, i wonder if the courier will still have them as their wooden spoon favourites? Hats off must go to ballan tho for their delicous hotdogs, I ate 6 of them and could easily had more if they hadn't of run out.

Sorry to be a dick.... But the last I checked a Hotdog consisted of processed meat in a bun.... Which i'm sure all the other clubs could handle.... What exactly made your six stand out?...... P.S my tongue is firmly in cheek...

Sorry to be a dick.... But the last I checked a Hotdog consisted of processed meat in a bun.... Which i'm sure all the other clubs could handle.... What exactly made your six stand out?...... P.S my tongue is firmly in cheek...

How uneducated u r MO FO. I've tried hot dogs at every ground in the league and I can assure u they differ greatly. Ballans were exceptional and learmonth never let u down, but don't even bother tryin rokewoods unless u want a split bit of meat with an over the top bun to dog ratio. Luckily their nacho cart more than makes up for it. Mmm.... Nachos

Gordon by 4 goals. Reality to hit Waubra that the era is over.

Gee Ryang u've gone very early on writing Waubra off. I only saw the second half last week and they looked ok( had plenty missing). Ballan looked to be much improved.

Wauber have a few injuries to key players but they do have some depth in wininning the reservers & under 18s. Some of older premiership players will be returning.

Plenty have written Daylesford off early in the past only for them to have egg on their face with almost winning past to Gfs

The Roos may not be favourites but will be there abouts with a full list and with Skonna in charge.

1 & 2Hepburn & Bunninyong -a class above at this stage.. Both recriuted some guns adding needed class & depth.

3 & 4 Daylesford & Waubra - Could beat anyside on their day, have had the same core groups for 5-6 years & could beat top 2 sides on their day will peak towards the end

Beaufort , Newlyn & Springbank- could all push into top 4 towards the end as the teams gel. Will all get better as season progresses Injuries to play a roll with questionable depth. Will be hard to beat in the finals.
Great to see Newlyn on the improve with some local guns returning for little coin.

Gordon , Ballan , Bungaree, Will fight it out for the rest of the spots , depending on who can with the 8 pointers and pinch a win against a top 4 side.

Tristian May is my the tip for league medel. Is rumoured to be super fit and exstremely randy.

Just finished wiping the egg off! Rumours of Waubras death are grossly exaggerated.

Buninyong are a force to be reckoned with. Big, strong, quick and powerful across every line, and the added bonus of depth makes them serious contenders in 2012 I believe. Although the competition will get tougher than what I witnessed on Saturday, they were very impressive. Rokewood on the other hand looked pretty ordinary, hard to see them anywhere but bottom 4 or 5.

A few surprise results on the weekend. Well to me anyway. Thought Bungaree would account for Springbank and Ballan for Cargnham. Bungaree obviously still have consistency issues and like a few others I was sucked into a Richmond like false dawn for Ballan. Gordon also disappointing. If they want to take that next step, games at home against an opposition with injuries to key personnel and maybe not at their best must be won.

Looks like Dunnstown have dropped right off the pace and could miss finals for the first time in a long time.

Come on people, bit quiet on here!! A few points for discussion I would have thought with the results on the weekend.

Newlyn over Buninyong - Are Newlyn the real deal or poor day out from Buninyong. Poor kicking is poor football but shows that they may have controlled the game a bit. Anyone see it? Is this the case or Newlyn just too good for them on the day? Newlyns new recruits starting to click perhaps which could be ominous for the rest of the comp with still a way to go for further improvement!

Daylsford over Hepburn - as above re the kicking. Dogs must have stayed in it well enough to be able to pinch it in the end though? Maybe can't write off an old dog as its old tricks might be good enough? Will they be a realistic threat or Hepburn still the bench mark? Hepburn probably still have to be favourites but wouldn't write off Daylesford.

Skipton over Ballan - Round 1 must have been a false dawn for Ballan and for mine, any hope they may have got out of pushing the reigning premiers must surely have evaporated already!!

Waubra over Carngham - Solid win. Maybe a kick up the arse in Round 1 has fired them up!! With the loss of a few from last years side and injuries they have sustained to the calibre of Gleeson and Coleman surely they should be vunerable against the likes of Newlyn, Buninyong and the spa country mobs

Bungaree - Big win over Rokewood. Two big wins thus far, whilst against middle of the road sides, indicates they could be a chance on their day? May not have enough in the tank against the better sides though with loss to Springbank an indicator of this?

Springbank - Whilst getting rolled in round 1 they may be taking a bit to come together with their new recruits and could be a force later in the season. Belted a side they should have and the win over Bungaree puts them a spot above them.

Who were the stand out players from the weekends games, points of controversy?? See Cummings from Daylesford reported, Coleman injured (again) , what about the new recruits such as Bromeley, Sewell, Gilbert etc Are they are cut above or finding the CHFL tougher than anticipated??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would think Buninyong would have a hard week on the track after a loss like that. Heard they got in front in the last quarter, only to have Newlyn kick the last five.
As per usual, write off daylesford at your own peril this year. Must admit I thought they may be getting a bit long in the tooth, but a well drilled group of smart, experienced players are going to be hard to beat on their day.
There are apparently plenty of injuries at Waubra, so they will be focussing on getting players fit for finals. Would still expect them to make top four.
The fact bunga lost to Springbank suggests that they may still be a little way off the pace this year, but will be capable of some upsets.
Springbank will be in the same boat as Bunga in my opinion. Bit of "flat track bully" about them. Think they will struggle against the better 5-6 sides in the comp.

Naughty old Ballan for not getting permission from The interleague coach for Williams to play on Saturday against Skipton.
Maybe his injury wasn't that bad or they've got good doctors out that way or did he go back to Hawthorn to use the Hyberbaric Chamber.

Remember Ballan seek permission first in future ........

Naughty old Ballan for not getting permission from The interleague coach for Williams to play on Saturday against Skipton.
Maybe his injury wasn't that bad or they've got good doctors out that way or did he go back to Hawthorn to use the Hyberbaric Chamber.

Remember Ballan seek permission first in future ........

Good one terry

Ballan v Springbank 8 goals
Bungaree v Newlyn
Clunes v Beaufort 4 goals
Creswick v Daylesford 6 goals
Dunnstwon v Waubra 8 goals
Hepburn v Gordon 8 goals
Cargnham-Linton v Skipton 3 points
Illabarook v Rokewood-Corindhap 6 goals
Buninyong v Learmonth 100 points +

Ballan v Springbank 8 goals
Bungaree v Newlyn
Clunes v Beaufort 4 goals
Creswick v Daylesford 6 goals
Dunnstwon v Waubra 8 goals
Hepburn v Gordon 8 goals
Cargnham-Linton v Skipton 3 points
Illabarook v Rokewood-Corindhap 6 goals
Buninyong v Learmonth 100 points +

I agree with most but I'd tip newlyn by 5 goals
And I reckon cargnham by 3 goals

Yeah I'd go with Clunes as well by 6 points.

Springbank should handle Ballan by 22 points.
Newlyn to beat Bungaree by 19 points.
Daylesford to beat Creswick by 70 points.
Waubra are in the box seat to handle Dunnstown by 33 points despite some injuries.
Hepburn to bounce back with a 40 point victory over Gordon, Hepburn also have plenty of injuries I hear are Gordon full strength? as this may help them give it a shake?
Skipton will be too good for C/Linton by 32 points. (Skipton could grab 7th or 8th I reckon)
Rokewood by 9 points over Illabrook in a tight one
Buninyong by 109 points over Learmonth who dont seem to have spirit about them atm.

Can anyone tell me how Daniel Rees goes!?

Excellent player in under 18's in bendigo footy league and just had some mail he has been having a kick in the CHFL for Hepburn.

Junky bish Gordon aren't full strength got a few injurys and as seen in the paper today another 3 from last weekend and all very handy players.

Tips for today.
Springbank 80 pts
Beaufort 50 pts
Newlyn 40 pts
Daylesford 35 pts
Waubra 25 pts
Hepburn 60 pts
Skipton 6 pts
Rokewood 50 pts
Buninyong 120 pts

Bungaree get up by 8 points, I think that was the margin in an absolute cracking game. Every contest was a battle in itself with ball up after ball up with both teams applying great pressure. Well done Bunga!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back