Teams Chicago Bears - Monsters of the Midway

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing how much better Trubisky looks when we are down and he’s forced to look down the field.

Got to wonder if nagy is the one to blame though, calling plays scared until he's forced to do something.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports contract-year Bears WR Allen Robinson is feeling "frustrated" and "disrespected" in long-term talks.
In a uniquely 2020 move, Robinson deleted all Bears references from his Twitter account on Tuesday. While the Bears went on an offseason tight end bender, they apparently didn't progress far enough in talks with their alpha wideout. Robinson's teammates have taken up his cause, tweeting with the #ExtendAR hashtag on Twitter. Ryan Pace, who is one of the worst — if not the worst — general managers in the league, has a real mess on his hands. The top of the receiver market is now exceeding $20 million in average annual value.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Sep 15, 2020, 2:48 PM ET

Can anyone recommend any good Bears podcasts? I’ve tried Locked on Bears and Hoge and Jahns and I’m not a fan of either. I’ve also tried the official Bears podcast and I seem to remember it had more coach and player press conference audio than actual discussion.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports contract-year Bears WR Allen Robinson is feeling "frustrated" and "disrespected" in long-term talks.
In a uniquely 2020 move, Robinson deleted all Bears references from his Twitter account on Tuesday. While the Bears went on an offseason tight end bender, they apparently didn't progress far enough in talks with their alpha wideout. Robinson's teammates have taken up his cause, tweeting with the #ExtendAR hashtag on Twitter. Ryan Pace, who is one of the worst — if not the worst — general managers in the league, has a real mess on his hands. The top of the receiver market is now exceeding $20 million in average annual value.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Sep 15, 2020, 2:48 PM ET

Spent all AR's extension money when letting the Jags off the hook for Foles dumbass contract. Probably the worst GM move I've seen in a long long time.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Allen Robinson has not requested a trade but is "unhappy" about his contract.
Robinson removed Bears' logos from his social media accounts and has been critical of the Bears' front office for not paying him his worth as a top-10 NFL receiver. Robinson is playing without long-term money right now and has watched other top receivers get paid in recent weeks. The Bears absolutely need Robinson to bail out their quarterback group or else the offense would truly tank. A trade seems unlikely at the moment just because of how valuable he is to the organization but crazier things have happened. This dispute shouldn't effect his status as a borderline WR1 in fantasy ahead of Week 2.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 15, 2020, 6:37 PM ET

Speaking Wednesday, Allen Robinson said he is putting yesterday "behind me" and is ready to move forward with the Bears.
Robinson admitted there was "some emotion" involved Tuesday when he wiped all Bears-related items from his social media accounts. He said he spoke with GM Ryan Pace and coach Matt Nagy and will continue to focus on playing for Chicago. Asked whether he requested a trade, Robinson denied to give a straight answer. He likely did but didn't like what he heard from the team. He's really not in the driver's seat here now that the season has started. In the final year of his deal, there are a number of ways this could go for the star wideout. He either plays out the final year of his deal and hits the open market next spring, gets traded this season, gets franchise-tagged next year, or signs an extension. A trade seems super unlikely.
SOURCE: Jason Lieser on Twitter
Sep 16, 2020, 1:13 PM ET

Can anyone recommend any good Bears podcasts? I’ve tried Locked on Bears and Hoge and Jahns and I’m not a fan of either. I’ve also tried the official Bears podcast and I seem to remember it had more coach and player press conference audio than actual discussion.
Try Windy City Gridiron
I don’t mind it

Got away with one today. No score in the second half against the Giants. Plus Saquon missing most of the match. Will take the 2-0 start but I don’t think it is indicative of how the season will pan out.

On the plus side, we got off to a good start and the defence looked much better today. Quinn still looked limited but hopefully will be better for the run. Trevathan looks a libility in the passing game, especially when manning the RB. Spewing Jackson’s TD got called back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without wanting to sound overly negative , I’m far from convinced after 2 narrow wins over sides that won’t be threatening to figure in the playoffs that the corner has been turned.
Hopeful yes, with little expectation unfortunately.

Bear down mofos 🐻

Another comeback win!
I predicted 5 wins all year and Jimmy Graham to be a bust.
Doing well so far aren’t I eh

Last edited:
Holding, offence is the NFL version of free kick Hawthorn.

I thought Foles looked terrible until he just exploded in the final quarter. Conversely, I thought Trubisky looked good in the first quarter then just stopped.

Defence still looks impotent. One TFL. Given that, conservatively, 6 of our best 7 players are defenders (not including Goldman), it’s worrying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back