Teams Chicago Bears - Monsters of the Midway

Remove this Banner Ad

Fields was my #1 rated qb.
Also, Bears ended up with a better outcome drafting Fields than trading for watson ir wilson

Excitment!

Chris Simms vommiting all over himself after reading that post 😂

Heard a Bears fan say it best: "this feels different to your usual Chicago first round QB, McNown, Grossman nd Trubisky were all s**t on by the media and fans, this one seems like the majority of people are patting us on the back for instead of laughing at us"

It's true. This does feel different. 🌈

100% agree with my boy Jeff, Fields has to be week 1's starter, * the "sit and learn" crowd, he's pro ready. I expect him to beat the s**t out of Dalton in training camp regardless. He brings so much more to the offense than Andy ever can.

100% agree with my boy Jeff, Fields has to be week 1's starter, fu** the "sit and learn" crowd, he's pro ready. I expect him to beat the sh*t out of Dalton in training camp regardless. He brings so much more to the offense than Andy ever can.

Don’t disagree with you but I’m a little concerned a rookie may get killed with such a crap O Line in front of him.
We traded for Jenkins too so the concern now is having no resources with a maxd out cap and no prize picks to get the wall built or provide weapons for Fields... especially with a recalcitrant Robinson on franchise tag

Don’t disagree with you but I’m a little concerned a rookie may get killed with such a crap O Line in front of him.
We traded for Jenkins too so the concern now is having no resources with a maxd out cap and no prize picks to get the wall built or provide weapons for Fields... especially with a recalcitrant Robinson on franchise tag

Yea, fair enough, with Nagy and Pace's jobs are on the line, not sure development will be an option even if it's the right thing to do.

The O line's not as bad as people think. After a mid season adjustment they played a whole lot better down the stretch last year. Mustipher came in at center, then they've got 2 very solid guards and some depth there. The tackles are obviously concerns. I wish Jenkins was starting at right tackle and they had a solid veteran left tackle, but even with Fields being slow in his progressions I'd rather give him solid interior play and suspect tackles than the opposite. If Jenkins is solid at left tackle they do have options at right tackle who can do the job. There's a path to a no bad players and no terrible mistakes type O line, which is really the aim for most teams.

My guess is they give Dalton at least the first month just to evaluate the O line and get the rest of the offense settled too. If they continue how they finished last season they'll actually do a decent job running the ball and provide enough time for a competent QB like Dalton to make throws.

Recalcitrant is a bit harsh on A Rob too, the poor guy is just frustrated having to deal with such bad QB play his whole career. The thing that gives me hope is if Fields is the guy then all of a sudden they've got a QB and they've got salary cap room because they don't have to keep paying overpriced veterans. All of a sudden they'll make A Rob happy with cash and a QB and have assets to fill the gaps around Fields from next season.

The O line's not as bad as people think. After a mid season adjustment they played a whole lot better down the stretch last year. Mustipher came in at center, then they've got 2 very solid guards and some depth there. The tackles are obviously concerns. I wish Jenkins was starting at right tackle and they had a solid veteran left tackle, but even with Fields being slow in his progressions I'd rather give him solid interior play and suspect tackles than the opposite. If Jenkins is solid at left tackle they do have options at right tackle who can do the job. There's a path to a no bad players and no terrible mistakes type O line, which is really the aim for most teams.

My guess is they give Dalton at least the first month just to evaluate the O line and get the rest of the offense settled too. If they continue how they finished last season they'll actually do a decent job running the ball and provide enough time for a competent QB like Dalton to make throws.

Recalcitrant is a bit harsh on A Rob too, the poor guy is just frustrated having to deal with such bad QB play his whole career. The thing that gives me hope is if Fields is the guy then all of a sudden they've got a QB and they've got salary cap room because they don't have to keep paying overpriced veterans. All of a sudden they'll make A Rob happy with cash and a QB and have assets to fill the gaps around Fields from next season.
Fair points, but Leno was let go because of salary cap pressure and Jenkins may or may not be good at this level just yet. I am not as upbeat about the offense as you but will hope for better in free agency if as you point out money frees up with Fields development... Foles contract is a huge millstone there particularly.
I wasn’t insulting ARob... facts are he was less than enthusiastic about returning and was sending out tweets inviting clubs to come for him. I think he’s clearly our best weapon and would be delighted if the McCaskeys pay him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a blessing. The franchise been saddled with those tightwads for too long. All they care about is turning a profit. Take Ted Phillips with you. 👍

Would be a blessing. The franchise been saddled with those tightwads for too long. All they care about is turning a profit. Take Ted Phillips with you. 👍
Couldn’t have put it any better.
Oh and Jeff Bezos is welcome to splash the funds about.
Come on Jeffrey you know you wanna 🐻 ⬇️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back