Remove this Banner Ad

Sharpiesadog

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
OK I guess I'll have to confess to something to get it off my chest. During the last quarter I was not paying too much attention to the game. My day nurse had told me about a woman who works here who sometimes brings her rescue cats or kittens to the hospital. During the last quarter said woman brought a six week old kitten in to see me since she had heard that I missed Zsa Zsa.(It's been over three weeks.) So... I spent most of tha last quarter fawning over this amazingly cute gray kitten who fell asleep on my chest. I dare not swear or yell as to not awaken her. So my attention was stolen by a kitten and that's why we lost. If I would have given my full attention to the game surely Naughton would have marked that last ball in the goal square with a few seconds to go.

I will most likely still be in here for next week's match which I promise will get my full attention and I shall say a decade of the rosary for a victory for us.
I forgive you Chicago, you’re not the first man to be distracted from your purpose by a cute pussy.

I’ll show myself out….

OK I guess I'll have to confess to something to get it off my chest. During the last quarter I was not paying too much attention to the game. My day nurse had told me about a woman who works here who sometimes brings her rescue cats or kittens to the hospital. During the last quarter said woman brought a six week old kitten in to see me since she had heard that I missed Zsa Zsa.(It's been over three weeks.) So... I spent most of tha last quarter fawning over this amazingly cute gray kitten who fell asleep on my chest. I dare not swear or yell as to not awaken her. So my attention was stolen by a kitten and that's why we lost. If I would have given my full attention to the game surely Naughton would have marked that last ball in the goal square with a few seconds to go.

I will most likely still be in here for next week's match which I promise will get my full attention and I shall say a decade of the rosary for a victory for us.

That’s an absolute disgrace, you know that it’s grey not gray 😁

Looks like the Taco Bell Lucky Meal is off for Sunday. I should be going home tomorrow, fingers crossed. I have been in Royal Melbourne or here at Epworth Camberwell for four weeks now. I'm getting a government transition package to help me stay at home for the time being. The meal should be a Happy Lucky Meal on Sunday! Maybe I'll get a lucky pizza.

Looks like the Taco Bell Lucky Meal is off for Sunday. I should be going home tomorrow, fingers crossed. I have been in Royal Melbourne or here at Epworth Camberwell for four weeks now. I'm getting a government transition package to help me stay at home for the time being. The meal should be a Happy Lucky Meal on Sunday! Maybe I'll get a lucky pizza.

Go back thorugh your meals and pick the one that gave us our best result...and order 10 of them

This period pretty much corresponds with the period that the Dogs' season has been derailed.

Good omen that you're going home.

Stay healthy, Chicago, for the Dogs' sake! (And for your own sake, of course :))

The best thing about the past month is that I bought a new rollator walker to use inside - fire engine red with a black seat. Kinda looks like my brother's Mustang

The best thing about the past month is that I bought a new rollator walker to use inside - fire engine red with a black seat. Kinda looks like my brother's Mustang
Not Essendon colours!!!

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
PM me your address and preferred Uber eats meal and I'll order for you mate.

PM me your address and preferred Uber eats meal and I'll order for you mate.
Thanks but I should be right. I'm thinking of ordering the same meal from Deliveroo(Mandarin Pork Spare Ribs) that I had when we beat Melbourne last month, the weekend before I got sick. I want to pick it up again from there... Not that I'm superstitious or anything.. 🤞

Edited to add: I just remembered that they don't open until 5pm on Sunday. Plan B will have to be used...

Last edited:

Sharpiesadog

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
Thanks but I should be right. I'm thinking of ordering the same meal from Deliveroo(Mandarin Pork Spare Ribs) that I had when we beat Melbourne last month, the weekend before I got sick. I want to pick it up again from there... Not that I'm superstitious or anything.. 🤞

Edited to add: I just remembered that they don't open until 5pm on Sunday. Plan B will have to be used...
Plan B??? Sounds like our ruck situation - I can only assume you’re having a dogs breakfast on Sunday.

Concerning.

Got a good deal for today's Lucky Meal on Doordash from a restaurant in Moonee Ponds. I ordered some fries and a large Caesar salad and received a hamburger for free. Total of meal including delivery fee is $19.96 Sounds like a winner, right?

The damn restaurant cancelled the order after I've waited over half an hour! grrrrrrrrr... :mad:

Last edited:

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Got a good deal for today's Lucky Meal on Doordash from a restaurant in Moonee Ponds. I ordered some fries and a large Caesar salad and received a hamburger for free. Total of meal including delivery fee is $19.96 Sounds like a winner, right?

I hope you gave the driver a 20c tip. That way the total would have been $20.16 - very lucky!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharpiesadog

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
Let’s hope so.

They charged you 42c too much. (Or maybe undercharged by 20c, whichever way you prefer to look at it.)

Fossie 32

Homemade won it for us today!
Who'd have guessed that the solution was right under our noses?

Actually I'm claiming some of the credit. I had a beerless first half and it was looking a bit tight at HT so I opened a can of Bent Spoke. Worked a treat.

Sharpiesadog

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
Fine work Chicago, you may have to cook some culinary extravaganzas over the next few weeks to secure the flag.

I'm now thiking about a surf n' turf meal with the surf(seafood in garlic butter) in honour of Cody's magnificent game and the turf being a rib eye steak in tribute to The Bont, the meat of the team. Add to that some duck fat roasted potatoes and a salad and the meal is complete. I even might celebrate by having a lemon, lime and bitters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back