Analysis Chicago's lucky meals

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm keeping it simple today. To take advantage of free delivery from Maccas(thank you Covid) on Deliveroo I'm having a Double Quarter Pounder meal (Large) with chips and a "real coffee" shake and an extra meat patty to make it a Triple Quarter Pounder. I is hungry!

I'm keeping it simple today. To take advantage of free delivery from Maccas(thank you Covid) on Deliveroo I'm having a Double Quarter Pounder meal (Large) with chips and a "real coffee" shake and an extra meat patty to make it a Triple Quarter Pounder. I is hungry!
Good. This seems more in line with the original working class lucky fish and chips.

I think the lucky meal has fallen victim to its own celebrity status and lost its way a bit lately. No surprise that it corresponds with our drop in form. :think:

Bon appetit! No, I mean ... dig in!

I do not feel too well after that Triple Quarter Pounder, but I would gladly eat one again for the team for a win. I saw my cardiologist on Wednesday. She wants some blood work done. I might wait a few days.

I see that our game next week is Sunday at 12:40pm. Damn. I'm usually just getting out of bed at that time. I've never had a Lucky Breakfast. Pancake Parlour next week?

Mandarin Pork Spare Ribs from a restaurant in Essendon.

Before I left Australia in 2000 I used to get what was called Hong Kong Pork Chop at a takeaway at Box Hill Plaza. Haven't been able to find anything called the same anywhere, but this seems like it might be okey dokey. Already on its way.

Mandarin Pork Spare Ribs from a restaurant in Essendon.

Before I left Australia in 2000 I used to get what was called Hong Kong Pork Chop at a takeaway at Box Hill Plaza. Haven't been able to find anything called the same anywhere, but this seems like it might be okey dokey. Already on its way.
I hope that goes well for you and mirrors what happens tonight.

Just tasted it. Not the same as the Hong Kong Pork Chop like I had hoped, but very tasty. It seems like a winner - just like we'll be tonight!

I just finished and it was very similar to what I had liked about the other dish. I have enough left to have later on.

Last edited:
Sorry but there will be no Lucky Meal on Saturday unless the menu at Royal Melbourne Hospital has something scrumptious on it. I doubt it. I have a saddle pulmonary embolism that I'm dealing with. Kinda serious but not as much as beating the Crows!

My current nurse is a 20 year member of the Doggies! I'm in good hands. Go Dogs!

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry but there will be no Lucky Meal on Saturday unless the menu at Royal Melbourne Hospital has something scrumptious on it. I doubt it. I have a saddle pulmonary embolism that I'm dealing with. Kinda serious but not as much as beating the Crows!

My current nurse is a 20 year member of the Doggies! I'm in good hands. Go Dogs!

Geez hope all goes well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck, Chicago. Hope you recover quickly. A Doggies win is bound to help.

Today's Lucky Meal will be chicken and chips hospital food. Hopefully it won't kill me.

Don't know when I'm getting out yet. I'm doing as best as can be expected. Enjoy the game. I have no vision but might try to listen on my phone if I can figure out how. Otherwise I'll look at the Gameday thread.

Today's Lucky Meal will be chicken and chips hospital food. Hopefully it won't kill me.

Don't know when I'm getting out yet. I'm doing as best as can be expected. Enjoy the game. I have no vision but might try to listen on my phone if I can figure out how. Otherwise I'll look at the Gameday thread.

Listen to it through the AFL App. I’m sure a Nurse will help you if needed. Hope you’re feeling better.

Edit - don’t experience the game through the game day thread. You might need more surgery afterwards.

Here's hoping for a big win to cheer you up C1. Best wishes mate.

Vaccine related Chicago?

Hope you get better soon - I’m going through something similar but not as severe (mine re-canalised)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Chicago, you’ve been putting your body on the line for the club all season when others less dedicated might have been pushing the plate away

I reckon it’s time for the club to return the favour. A big win today would be very tasty! Go Dogs.

Yay add that to the list of lucky meals then?

Hi Chicago, hope you're feeling better every day, What tasty morsels do you think you can conjure up for tomorrow's lucky meal? and do you actually have a choice?

I'm now in rehab at Epworth Camberwell and ordered my lunch yesterday. That will be my Lucky Meal for today's game. I can't remember what I ordered. I shall post the delicacies later after my order arrives in an hour or so. I was able to order a sausage roll which I did, but it might be for dinner tonight. That would make it a post victory Lucky Meal which is not acceptable, of course, but these are trying times. I'll be watching the game except I just found out my cardiologist will be stopping by to see me some time this afternoon. She's a Richmond supporter. Ugh.

Lucky Meal has arrived. Chicken noodle soup with a bread roll and butter, a cottage pie and Blackforest Cake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back