Analysis Chicago's lucky meals

Remove this Banner Ad

... I'll be watching the game except I just found out my cardiologist will be stopping by to see me some time this afternoon. She's a Richmond supporter. Ugh.
I'd be asking for a second opinion.

Verdict: the meal was a real winner just like we will be in a few hours. Chicken noodle soup was thick and included garlic which I loved. I used to make my mum chicken noodle soup but it it was far more traditional. Cottage pie was quite good. Just enough spice for flavour and the blackforest cake was quite tasty. To compare RMH food with here in a Survivor sense, the food at RMH was like what the Survivors had prior to getting spices and here like afterwards on steroids.

I wonder if I can order from here via Uber Eats or Deliveroo or Menulog when I get home.

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Verdict: the meal was a real winner just like we will be in a few hours. Chicken noodle soup was thick and included garlic which I loved. I used to make my mum chicken noodle soup but it it was far more traditional. Cottage pie was quite good. Just enough spice for flavour and the blackforest cake was quite tasty. To compare RMH food with here in a Survivor sense, the food at RMH was like what the Survivors had prior to getting spices and here like afterwards on steroids.

I wonder if I can order from here via Uber Eats or Deliveroo or Menulog when I get home.

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Good to hear you had a tasty repast Chicago, surely another 4 points in the bag this afternoon now.

I'm hoping that Epworth Camberwell delivers with my Lucky Meal today, unlike last weekend.

For lunch I am having : pea and ham soup, veal scallopini with mushroom sauce and rice followed by orange panna cotta with raspberries.

Sounds like a winning meal. We'll see what happens.

I'll be in here another week.

I'm hoping that Epworth Camberwell delivers with my Lucky Meal today, unlike last weekend.

For lunch I am having : pea and ham soup, veal scallopini with mushroom sauce and rice followed by orange panna cotta with raspberries.

Sounds like good tucker and definitely should be luckier than the stuff they dished up last week.

Take care … and go Dogs!

That sounds like a TV adv. Are you the Grey Wiggle? :D

Chicago ol' mate if you're still in Epworth Camberwell next Friday night by any chance, tell them you don't want any. Tell them anything. Tell them, tell them ... tell them it's your holy day and you're fasting.

We'll somehow sneak in whatever Uber eats you choose but the Epworth rubbish definitely does NOT work. I suspect the chef is a Norf supporter.

I will be here Friday night and I was thinking about that. Perhaps I will take a time out with next week's Lucky Meal. I don't know where I'll be after that, hopefully home. Looks like future Lucky Meals may be Meals on Wheels

Your meal was some compensation for that dog’s breakfast of a game.

OK Chicago1 time to lift your culinary game mate. It's now or never!!!
I'm trying. We've lost the past two matches while I've been recovering in the Eastern suburbs. That might be the problem. I need to get back home to the West to order my Lucky Meal!

I'm trying. We've lost the past two matches while I've been recovering in the Eastern suburbs. That might be the problem. I need to get back home to the West to order my Lucky Meal!
Whoever said the Western diet is bad was clearly not a Dogs supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Due to the bad luck brought about by Epworth Camberwell's Lucky Meals the previous two weeks, there will be no official Lucky Meals until my return home, hopefully, around Aug 30 in time for the second week of the Finals(MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND). But since we'll be going directly into the Preliminary Final after our Finals win next weekend, the next Lucky Meal will be the weekend of Sept 10.

Due to the bad luck brought about by Epworth Camberwell's Lucky Meals the previous two weeks, there will be no official Lucky Meals until my return home, hopefully, around Aug 30 in time for the second week of the Finals(MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND). But since we'll be going directly into the Preliminary Final after our Finals win next weekend, the next Lucky Meal will be the weekend of Sept 10.
Thanks for taking one for the team ☺️

OK this is now getting serious. A win tonight is imperative and according to Dr Chris Bell, Chicago is unfortunately on the injury list.

So I will have to step into the breach as a late change. No lucky meals for me though.

My lucky ale is Barley Griffin (4.2%) from local award-winning brewer Bent Spoke. You can buy their products in every state except WA and Tasmania.

1629443715532.png

I will of course be having one very early in the game but I understand that it's a bit like the covid vaccine. One on its own has very low efficacy. So I won't be waiting 12 weeks for my second dose. In fact if the scores aren't looking too good I might need quite a few boosters during the evening.

Fortunately the supply of this lucky ale was not managed by the Federal Government so I have enough in stock to manage a sudden outbreak of Port Adelaide goals. If things get bad I may need to declare a snap bolt-it-down.

Last edited:
OK this is now getting serious. A win tonight is imperative and according to Dr Chris Bell, Chicago is unfortunately on the injury list.

So I will have to step into the breach as a late change. No lucky meals for me though.

My lucky ale is Barley Griffin (4.2%) from local award-winning brewer Bent Spoke. You can buy their products in every state except WA and Tasmania.

View attachment 1211468

I will of course be having one very early in the game but I understand that it's a bit like the covid vaccine. One on its own has very low efficacy. So I won't be waiting 12 weeks for my second dose. In fact if the scores aren't looking too good I might need quite a few boosters during the evening.

Fortunately the supply of this lucky ale was not managed by the Federal Government so I have enough in stock to manage a sudden outbreak of Port Adelaide goals. If things get bad I may need to go declare a snap bolt-it-down.
We’re all depending on you now

I’m sorry but it’s all my fault. I had my first and second dose as planned and we were a few goals up. But when it got really close I was on the edge of my seat and got so preoccupied that I forgot to have a booster (or three).

Mea maxima culpa.

OK I guess I'll have to confess to something to get it off my chest. During the last quarter I was not paying too much attention to the game. My day nurse had told me about a woman who works here who sometimes brings her rescue cats or kittens to the hospital. During the last quarter said woman brought a six week old kitten in to see me since she had heard that I missed Zsa Zsa.(It's been over three weeks.) So... I spent most of tha last quarter fawning over this amazingly cute gray kitten who fell asleep on my chest. I dare not swear or yell as to not awaken her. So my attention was stolen by a kitten and that's why we lost. If I would have given my full attention to the game surely Naughton would have marked that last ball in the goal square with a few seconds to go.

I will most likely still be in here for next week's match which I promise will get my full attention and I shall say a decade of the rosary for a victory for us.

I spoke to my nurse today and he said that I should be able to order a Lucky Meal from Menulog next Sunday to ensure a Bulldog victory. I checked the restaurants in the area and there is a Taco Bell in Hawthorn that I can order from. I have never had Taco Bell here. There was one a couple of blocks away from my home outside of Chicago, but I rarely went there. Cheap TexMex food(in the states), but it might remind me of home.

I spoke to my nurse today and he said that I should be able to order a Lucky Meal from Menulog next Sunday to ensure a Bulldog victory. I checked the restaurants in the area and there is a Taco Bell in Hawthorn that I can order from. I have never had Taco Bell here. There was one a couple of blocks away from my home outside of Chicago, but I rarely went there. Cheap TexMex food(in the states), but it might remind me of home.

It’s not cheap and isn’t close to as good…. But it does use a lot less oil and salt, so you should still like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back