Analysis Chicago's lucky meals

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
I think this is important enough to have it's own thread.

Last week almost ended in disaster when Chicago picked for his lucky meal the most disgusting pizza one could imagine. It was such an awful pizza that it had the potential to curse our club for 100 years. As a result the Dogs played well below our standard and almost dropped the game.

This week I think it's a good idea if Chicago1 consults us first regarding what he might be thinking of getting. Maybe we could offer a few suggestions to help nail this week's selection.

The right meal has the potential to absolutely discombobulate our opponents. Yeah, I said it.

Parma-sagne! 3 chicken parmas stacked with layers of prosciutto, bechamel and napoletana sauce and plenty of cheese. With a side of wild rocket, parmesan and cherry tomato salad, coated in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This meal has only ever existed in my mind, but I'm sure if you were to produce it Chicago1, the tigers would be discombobulated!

Parma-sagne! 3 chicken parmas stacked with layers of prosciutto, bechamel and napoletana sauce and plenty of cheese. With a side of wild rocket, parmesan and cherry tomato salad, coated in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This meal has only ever existed in my mind, but I'm sure if you were to produce it Chicago1, the tigers would be discombobulated!

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must be a health food fanatic. Get rid of the wild rocket and cherry tomatoes.

I think this is important enough to have it's own thread.

Last week almost ended in disaster when Chicago picked for his lucky meal the most disgusting pizza one could imagine. It was such an awful pizza that it had the potential to curse our club for 100 years. As a result the Dogs played well below our standard and almost dropped the game.

This week I think it's a good idea if Chicago1 consults us first regarding what he might be thinking of getting. Maybe we could offer a few suggestions to help nail this week's selection.

The right meal has the potential to absolutely discombobulate our opponents. Yeah, I said it.

You forget that it also contributed to the loss of 3 or 4 of our brave boys 😡

Chicago, you really need to lift your game for the sake of our team's wellbeing.

OK. Since you asked...

All meals have to be delivered by Menulog, Doordash, Deliveroo or Uber Eats. I always get something where I get some sort of deal, be it 10% off, 30% off or free delivery, etc. I am on a rather strict budget when it comes to delivery food so I hardly ever pay more than about $23 including delivery.

This week I had been thinking of getting a porterhouse steak(medium rare), chips and salad from my local pizza place for $20 with free delivery. I had one last year and it was good for the price. However, I have spent the afternoon looking at places and found a Columbian Cafe within the Aquatic Centre in Maribyrnong which has some interesting menu items, but it's a bit pricey for my budget. Melissa Leong from MasterChef reviewed it on the SBS site two years ago.

I have been thinking:

CHURRASCO (steak)Chargrilled Butterflied porterhouse steak served with salted potato, guacamole, salad and chimichurri. $30

BANDEJA PAISA (gf)Chicharron (Pork belly), rice, arepa, sweet plantain slices, pulled beef, slow cooked beans, avocado, chorizo and a fried egg. $25

SOBREBARRIGASlow cooked beef flanks marinated in beer, garlic, red peppers and spices. Served with rice, steamed cassava, hogo sauce and guacamole $25

Of course, there's always the following two if I wanted to be adventurous:

LENGUA EN SALSASlow cooked Ox tongue served with rice, maduro, salad and hogao. $22

HIGADO ENCEBOLLADOPan fried liver cooked on hogao sauce, served with rice, salad and sweet plantain. $20

Delivery on Doordash is only $2.99.

There is no discount for this restaurant so it will be my splurge for the season until the Grand Final since we are playing that dastardly Richmond. I'll decide tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did you you have on Good Friday? Whatever it was, I say go again please
I made my own tuna salad. I was going to make potato pancakes(my grandmother's recipe) with it, but I never got around to it.

OK. Since you asked...

All meals have to be delivered by Menulog, Doordash, Deliveroo or Uber Eats. I always get something where I get some sort of deal, be it 10% off, 30% off or free delivery, etc. I am on a rather strict budget when it comes to delivery food so I hardly ever pay more than about $23 including delivery.

This week I had been thinking of getting a porterhouse steak(medium rare), chips and salad from my local pizza place for $20 with free delivery. I had one last year and it was good for the price. However, I have spent the afternoon looking at places and found a Columbian Cafe within the Aquatic Centre in Maribyrnong which has some interesting menu items, but it's a bit pricey for my budget. Melissa Leong from MasterChef reviewed it on the SBS site two years ago.

I have been thinking:

CHURRASCO (steak)Chargrilled Butterflied porterhouse steak served with salted potato, guacamole, salad and chimichurri. $30

BANDEJA PAISA (gf)Chicharron (Pork belly), rice, arepa, sweet plantain slices, pulled beef, slow cooked beans, avocado, chorizo and a fried egg. $25

SOBREBARRIGASlow cooked beef flanks marinated in beer, garlic, red peppers and spices. Served with rice, steamed cassava, hogo sauce and guacamole $25

LENGUA EN SALSASlow cooked Ox tongue served with rice, maduro, salad and hogao. $22

HIGADO ENCEBOLLADOPan fried liver cooked on hogao sauce, served with rice, salad and sweet plantain. $20

There is no discount for this restaurant so it will be my splurge for the season until the Grand Final since we are playing that dastardly Richmond. I'll decide tomorrow.

I vote Bandeja Paisa

Salt and pepper squid with a side of chips and salad :)
I usually make my own with a few breaded prawns throw in but I'm out of seafood at the moment
Seafood Curry Laksa.

This is what I'm having tonight. Did you bug my house?
I had a delicate procedure done at hospital yesterday and curry would not be advisable

You trying to kill me off?

OK. Since you asked...

I have been thinking:

What about some sauteed Tiger liver with a nice bottle of chianti?

This is what I would choose:

SOBREBARRIGA
Slow cooked beef flanks marinated in beer, garlic, red peppers and spices. Served with rice, steamed cassava, hogao sauce and guacamole.

Guacamole made the traditional way is by crushing chives, jalapeños and salt in a pestle. Add the juice of half a lime. Then mixing it into the avocado. As the above dish is served with cassava, I would expect them to do a good traditional guacamole.

Chicago1 , The Bogan Burger from the Napier Arms (as featured in Jack Irish) is your weapon of choice this week and it comes with a single lettuce leaf so it's almost healthier than a Pete Evans Paleo flush diet whilst sitting under one of his Wuhan light machines (RRP $15000) whilst not getting vaccinated against a phoney pandemic*.

A Turkish bread roll camouflages a steak, chicken schnitzel, potato cake, bacon, egg, cheese, onion, pineapple and of course, beetroot. Positively healthy at about 7000kJ including the large potato wedges. This meal is rated at 1.23 Calebs!

unnamed.jpg

Chicago1 , The Bogan Burger from the Napier Arms (as featured in Jack Irish) is your weapon of choice this week and it comes with a single lettuce leaf so it's almost healthier than a Pete Evans Paleo flush diet whilst sitting under one of his Wuhan light machines (RRP $15000) whilst not getting vaccinated against a phoney pandemic*.

A Turkish bread roll camouflages a steak, chicken schnitzel, potato cake, bacon, egg, cheese, onion, pineapple and of course, beetroot. Positively healthy at about 7000kJ including the large potato wedges. This meal is rated at 1.23 Calebs!

View attachment 1114642
Sorry, but you lost me with the beetroot. I'd like to try their soft shell crab tacos and kangaroo salad.

View attachment 1114642
I had one of these on a bucks night. Left no room for beer! I also didn’t eat breakfast the next day as I was still full and had some fruit for lunch.

I was going to try the paleo diet this season as I thought it might be lucky, but I decided it was too modern. I am now on the Cambrian diet, surviving on primordial gloop made up of sea water and single and multicellular organisms. I have never felt better

I had one of these on a bucks night. Left no room for beer! I also didn’t eat breakfast the next day as I was still full and had some fruit for lunch.

I was going to try the paleo diet this season as I thought it might be lucky, but I decided it was too modern. I am now on the Cambrian diet, surviving on primordial gloop made up of sea water and single and multicellular organisms. I have never felt better

source.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back