Analysis Chicago's lucky meals

Remove this Banner Ad

Chicago1 , The Bogan Burger from the Napier Arms (as featured in Jack Irish) is your weapon of choice this week and it comes with a single lettuce leaf so it's almost healthier than a Pete Evans Paleo flush diet whilst sitting under one of his Wuhan light machines (RRP $15000) whilst not getting vaccinated against a phoney pandemic*.

A Turkish bread roll camouflages a steak, chicken schnitzel, potato cake, bacon, egg, cheese, onion, pineapple and of course, beetroot. Positively healthy at about 7000kJ including the large potato wedges. This meal is rated at 1.23 Calebs!

View attachment 1114642
I love the Bogan Burger! It might look gimmicky, but it's *ing tasty!

El Toucan has 10% off with Menulog! Hope the place is available for delivery later today.

A Columbian Cafe within an Aquatic Centre. I’m already worried about this.
Reviews are good and they survived the Lockdowns. The owner explains the circumstances in an article online. I just hope that they don't use too much chlorine in the food.

I was all set to order:
BANDEJA PAISA (gf)Chicharron (Pork belly), rice, arepa, sweet plantain slices, pulled beef, slow cooked beans, avocado, chorizo and a fried egg. $25

but I found a new restaurant on Doordash with a mixed grill (Steak, 2 chicken wings, pork belly, beef ribs finished with world BBQ sauce served with chips and salad or mash and veggies.) for a few dollars more with a 15% discount.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!! What must be the REAL Lucky Meal tonight?

I was all set to order:
BANDEJA PAISA (gf)Chicharron (Pork belly), rice, arepa, sweet plantain slices, pulled beef, slow cooked beans, avocado, chorizo and a fried egg. $25

but I found a new restaurant on Doordash with a mixed grill (Steak, 2 chicken wings, pork belly, beef ribs finished with world BBQ sauce served with chips and salad or mash and veggies.) for a few dollars more with a 15% discount.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!! What must be the REAL Lucky Meal tonight?
They both sound pretty damn great. My worry with ordering takeaway is how well it travels. It’s why I generally only order pizza.

I play things safe...but after last week we all know you’re a risk-taker. Fill your boots, mate. Enjoy whatever you have.

Most things I've ordered have still been warm when they've arrived. This restaurant is in Tullamarine, so a bit of a distance.

I decided on the mixed grill. The restaurant has a perfect 5 on the 18 reviews listed on Google. I usually leave a review on the delivery site for the restaurant. It's more than I usually pay for a meal, but tonight is a special night. We'd better win now!

Most things I've ordered have still been warm when they've arrived. This restaurant is in Tullamarine, so a bit of a distance.

I decided on the mixed grill. The restaurant has a perfect 5 on the 18 reviews listed on Google. I usually leave a review on the delivery site for the restaurant. It's more than I usually pay for a meal, but tonight is a special night. We'd better win now!

Can't go wrong with a mixed grill. Keep it simple and bank the four points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pig's arse soup followed by...

Eye fillet, served blue with a Danish Blue cheese dressing.

Blueberry pie for dessert.

All prepared by a cordon bleu chef of course.

What are the choices and can we vote?
Back to basics. Meat pie with sauce and chips.

Pig's arse soup followed by...

LOL I actually got a pork knuckle roast from Woolies today. I might make that with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and applesauce

OR...

Order a Chicken Parma with chips and a salad from a restaurant in Essendon.

The pork knuckle seems to fit thematically for this week.

LOL I actually got a pork knuckle roast from Woolies today. I might make that with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and applesauce

OR...

Order a Chicken Parma with chips and a salad from a restaurant in Essendon.

The pork knuckle seems to fit thematically for this week.

Pork Knuckle..... winner!

Secretly disguised as a mild-mannered BF correspondent...
:moustache:
I like the idea that BF contributors might also be considered correspondents ...live from the melee
The accent might blow his cover though...
And I suspect the mild manners don't extend to Richmond games🙀

I like the idea that BF contributors might also be considered correspondents ...live from the melee
The accent might blow his cover though...
And I suspect the mild manners don't extend to Richmond games🙀
I always was regarded as a mild mannered, bookish, journalistic type of person when I was younger. Then I learned how to hate Richmond and I've never been the same since. That one day in September 1980 did it to me.

I always was regarded as a mild mannered, bookish, journalistic type of person when I was younger. Then I learned how to hate Richmond and I've never been the same since. That one day in September 1980 did it to me.
Was that September 1980 game the GF. That was the first footy game I ever watched. I remember it for the lols of KBs hair.

Was that September 1980 game the GF. That was the first footy game I ever watched. I remember it for the lols of KBs hair.
Yep. I've told the story on here a few times about my day there sitting with a friend among Collingwood members.

This week Chicago1 may I highly recommend Sparrows Cheesesteaks in the CatFish in Gertrude Street for the pre game lucky meal. After last weeks beetroot fiasco (apologies), I have consulted with the dieticians and gone with the key food groups of Bourbon, Bacon and Bamberg fries. Washed down with a Valhalla Brewing Pale Ale from Torquay, this combination is only bettered by the Adzy and Naughton show you will see in the afternoon. Contains grilled scotch fillet, bacon, Contraband bourbon BBQ sauce, American cheese, onions, all served in a hoagie roll on a bed of shoestring fries.
1620443735386.png

This week Chicago1 may I highly recommend Sparrows Cheesesteaks in the CatFish in Gertrude Street for the pre game lucky meal. After last weeks beetroot fiasco (apologies), I have consulted with the dieticians and gone with the key food groups of Bourbon, Bacon and Bamberg fries. Washed down with a Valhalla Brewing Pale Ale from Torquay, this combination is only bettered by the Adzy and Naughton show you will see in the afternoon. Contains grilled scotch fillet, bacon, Contraband bourbon BBQ sauce, American cheese, onions, all served in a hoagie roll on a bed of shoestring fries.
View attachment 1121518
Ask for the fries next to the roll, not under it! Where did this stupid practice start, fries go soggy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back