Chick to Western Australia?

Remove this Banner Ad

hawkfan5

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2000
Ausdoc Oval
Other Teams
Hawthorn
My mum said she just heard something on the news that Daniel Chick is very likely to return west at the end of the season.

I didn't hear the story so could someone please fill me in on what they said on the news about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by hawkfan5
My mum said she just heard something on the news that Daniel Chick is very likely to return west at the end of the season.

I didn't hear the story so could someone please fill me in on what they said on the news about this issue?

Thanks in advance.
he,s playing like he wants to be somewhere other than at hawthorn.

cheers!

Thanks in advance.

If the story is correct what is his status regarding contract. If he is still contracted but returns home what would Hawks fan hope to get for him?

Originally posted by Visro
To all the hawkers, what would you want for him?

2nd round draft pick?
Williams?
Embley?

I'm not too sure really,

I mean Chick can be brilliant, but he can also be very poor like he has been of late.

Eagles fans, what do you think Chick is really worth?

it is interesting one.

this year has seen his worth plummet. when he was looking to join KJ at the eagles he would have been worth a bloody good player and 2nd round draft pick. now maybe a player or a third round pick.

i really like chick but i think he should stick with the hawks. any word on way he wants to come back to WA?

I'm not too sure really,

I mean Chick can be brilliant, but he can also be very poor like he has been of late.

Eagles fans, what do you think Chick is really worth?

A straight swap for Williams would be good for us. Depends how much your club rates him and who we're giving though don't it?

Originally posted by Visro

A straight swap for Williams would be good for us. Depends how much your club rates him and who we're giving though don't it?

I rate him highly when he's in form. But he just isn't doing enough of late and we probably won't get anything more than maybe a second round draft pick.

Re: Re: Chick to Western Australia?

Originally posted by tiger_of_old
he,s playing like he wants to be somewhere other than at hawthorn.

I think this comment is pretty much spot on. Daniel Chick is a quality player at Hawthorn but his form this season has been very ordinary and perhaps both Daniel Chick and Hawthorn would be better off if Chick left at the end of the season.

Go Cats!!
SeinDude

I hope we throw in Brett Johnson too. He could be an excellent midfielder, but it doesn't look like he is in Peter Schwab's plans.

We'd be after something pretty good if we were giving up Johnson and Chick. Not sure if WCE have much to offer us (in terms of our needs) so maybe it will be a 3 way deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Docker_Brat
Shaun McManus for Chick, straight swap.

Croad for Chick? :p

I really don't see any players that I would like at the Hawks on either the Eagles or the Dockers list.

Well there is.. but not players that the Eagles and Dockers will want to give away.

Chick will probably be swapped for Wirrpunda, probably a good swap for both clubs, although Chick has had a poor year by his standards

Originally posted by Chris_23
I hope we throw in Brett Johnson too. He could be an excellent midfielder, but it doesn't look like he is in Peter Schwab's plans.

Hey, throw him this way.

Name your price. He cut us up in a final I think.

Originally posted by Sledgehammer
Chick will probably be swapped for Wirrpunda, probably a good swap for both clubs, although Chick has had a poor year by his standards

You gotta be kidding?
NO WAY!

Embly and a third round pick ay most IMO, Embly would do well in melbourne i reckon

This is where SA and WA sides have a huge advantage over Vic clubs. A Chick wants to go home there are only 2 clubs to bid for his services, 1 club might not even want him. Where as a Vic player of equal value wants to come home, to win his services we have to pay him more than other clubs and/ or out bid 5 or 6 other clubs by means of player/ draft pick compensation.
Then theres Brisbane and Sydney who really get screwed……haha yeah right!, their best off than all of us.

uh, dont think so mate

im thinking more an Embley, Williams etc or a second round draft pick maybe....

No way Wirra will be used in a straight swap

Wirrpunda for chick... :)
If there is anyone out there who actually thinks this would be a good swap for the eagles, please reveal yourselves, so we can ridicule you some more.

"I hope we dont go for Chick as we will end up paying more than he is worth. "

ehhhmmm... Hate to be the bearer of bad news sabre, - but nearly every player on freo's list fits into the above catagory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back