Chief's Fish Predicts the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

I object to Chief claiming to "own" a sentient being. History will not look kindly upon his type.

We encountered a big conundrum this week.

The fish's tank has been drained and cleaned.

I worried that any anchor the fish had to this plane of existence was obliterated.

Genius strikes! A new method of communication has been found.

Using the solid, scientific reasoning that all fish are connected in the afterlife I took a packet of frozen fish fingers from the freezer.

I drew a line in the dirt, and threw a fish finger in the air for each game. The side to which the dead fish guided the fish finger will be the winner! Bank on it - the fish has predicted many winners during this finals season!

In the matter of Fremantle vs Hawthorn: The fish guided the battered fillet into my dog's mouth. This, I divine, means a draw or too close to call! Amazing!

West Coast vs North Melbourne: The fish speaks! West Coast by two goals! (I locked the dog in the house)

Can you believe this? That a dead pet fish can pick sporting winners? Neither can I! But it's happening here and now!

To the game day thread! http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...rn-fri-sept-25-6-20pm-domain-stadium.1112870/

Last edited:
Don't you worry about that.

We're here for the fish.

Now, given that the fish's predictions are so impressively accurate, I will be announcing its choice on the podcast which we are recording right now.

Look out for it!

Penguins. What would penguins know.

Science triumphs over mere gimmickry. The fish picked Hawthorn to win the flag.

Put your beans nowhere else but on the picks of the dead fish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back