Games & Recreation Childhood toys that take your nostalgia to 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Great on wings. Some use it on pizza.

On a similar note, what the hell are chicken flavoured chips/twisties?? At least Ranch flavour is based off a dressing. Chicken flavour is just herbs as far as I can tell.

The missus and I discussed 'chicken flavour' when eating chicken twisties and what makes them chicken flavour. If i remember correctly, we found something that was chicken - chicken fat maybe.....

Yeah they have some great potato chips there. I'm not a big fan of popcorn though, we were allowed to eat as much free popcorn as we wanted at the cinema I worked at but I hardly ever ate it and neither did anyone else that worked there. it's OK every now and then but it's not the sort of stuff you could eat every day.

I never got sick of popcorn when I worked at Hoyts. I did choc tops tho- we were allowed to take home broken choc tops- I ODd on them in the first 6 months or so and never touched another one since.

We got free mix lollies and soft drink too.

I miss working at a cinema. Best job ever.

I got right into "Ranch" Doritos over there. Like every time I went to the market into. Loved them sooooo much.

I don't even know what flavour a ranch is supposed to be. I thought that was where Americans kept their cows? But ground up into a fine powder and sprinkled on corn chips was loooooverly!

Oh yes ranch chips, yum. And ranch dressing. Can put that s**t on anything.

I loved their sour cream and onion ruffles. Such a good flavor.

The missus and I discussed 'chicken flavour' when eating chicken twisties and what makes them chicken flavour. If i remember correctly, we found something that was chicken - chicken fat maybe.....

I’d be surprised if they had meat by-product in them. Maybe though. Not a thing over here but I’ll have to check similar chips with bacon flavour.

I’d be surprised if they had meat by-product in them. Maybe though. Not a thing over here but I’ll have to check similar chips with bacon flavour.

I think thats how we got to talking about it, wondering if vegetarians eat them and if they do, does it have chicken in them at all...

Could be the whole cochineal thing all over again.

Red Smarties still used to use it a few years back, whereas red M&Ms were safe for vegetarians. Not sure about now. Or Reese's Pieces

Did you know twinkies arent cooked?

wow o_O

• Remain edible for anywhere between fifty and one hundred years.

• Have a lengthy shelf life, variously expressed as five, seven, or forty years, or “longer than the cellophane they’re wrapped in.”

• Aren’t baked, the sponge cake instead being “a pure chemical reaction” involving something that “foams up”; the deception is made complete by coloring the confections’ bottoms brown to make it appear that they’ve been baked.

• Contain a chemical used in embalming fluid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never got sick of popcorn when I worked at Hoyts. I did choc tops tho- we were allowed to take home broken choc tops- I ODd on them in the first 6 months or so and never touched another one since.

We got free mix lollies and soft drink too.

I miss working at a cinema. Best job ever.

We got free soft drink there too or soda as they call it, I made the most of that.

Didn't get any free candy there though, it was all packaged stuff, no mix lollies like you get at the cinemas here, they laughed at me when I called candy lollies.

We got free soft drink there too or soda as they call it, I made the most of that.

Didn't get any free candy there though, it was all packaged stuff, no mix lollies like you get at the cinemas here, they laughed at me when I called candy lollies.

My friend in the UK was confused when I was saying "Lollies" when we were discussing this topic. They say sweets over there- whereas sweets here means more like a dessert dish.

My friend in the UK was confused when I was saying "Lollies" when we were discussing this topic. They say sweets over there- whereas sweets here means more like a dessert dish.

They call ice creams and icy poles "ice lollies" in the UK so that's what they think of there when you talk about lollies, it can be a bit confusing.

EAUAtdgWsAEFmsi.jpg:large

Pop is a weird one in Canada. They get what you mean if you say soda or soft drink but no, it’s pop.

I friend of mine at school had family in Canada and when one of his cousins came over to visit he called soft drink "sodey pop" which we thought was amusing.

Wth- mid tier and awful arent bad (except for fab and nobbly bobbly nfi what they are)

None of them look that bad even the so called awful ones, I don't think I've ever had an ice cream or icy pole I'd call awful, some are better than others though.

This bloody thread is making me all melancholy and reflective..... in a good and sad way at the same time.

What about Mr Whippy, we used to hear him coming from a mile away, I have seen some stationary Mr Whippys around but I don't think they do the driving around the suburban streets anymore. Also-

Home delivered milk in a glass bottle with the cream on top.
The garbo used to come round to the side of the house and carry the bin out and back on his shoulder, dad used to give him some beer at Christmas.
Column shift cars, remember sitting in between dads legs while he was driving.
No helmets riding pushbikes.
My dad(RIP) was a truck driver(B doubles), went on many long haul trips with him, was banned decades ago because of OH&S.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back