China bans beards, veils from Xinjiang city's buses in security bid

Remove this Banner Ad

Banning people with face coverings from boarding buses is a good move as public safety must come first. It's sad that they have to make such laws, but the rise of Islamic militantism in the province of Xinjiang leaves them with no other choice.

Veils I can understand, as a public safety issue for the same reason you'd ban motorcycle helmets, and maybe the moon and star symbol on account of the tensions in the area making it an inflammatory symbol. But beards? Baggy clothes?

Interesting to see if someone like, say, Gandalf will be banned from a bus under this policy on account of his beard.

Veils I can understand, as a public safety issue for the same reason you'd ban motorcycle helmets, and maybe the moon and star symbol on account of the tensions in the area making it an inflammatory symbol. But beards? Baggy clothes?

Interesting to see if someone like, say, Gandalf will be banned from a bus under this policy on account of his beard.
Gandalf doesn't take the bus, he rides with Aragorn and Legolas in the van.

You can look at this two ways- either it's the Chinese govt. cracking down on terrorist groups, or it's just another example of the further marginalisation of ethnic minorities in China.
A bit from column A, a lot from column B.
Gandalf doesn't take the bus, he rides with Aragorn and Legolas in the van.
Thread saved.

You can look at this two ways- either it's the Chinese govt. cracking down on terrorist groups, or it's just another example of the further marginalisation of ethnic minorities in China.
A bit from column A, a lot from column B.
If Xinijang hadn't experienced recent Muslim terrorism, would China be introducing these new laws for that province, and that province only?

Yep but spitting in public is fine. Don't walk below the escalator in Mid Levels you might get a nasty surprise.

who cares its china, this site is probably banned in china. this is a country that pretends they didn't massacre a shitload of school students in 90's and has made it legal to talk or report about. (yeah i put that in there just in case it wasn't banned yet, come at me chief!)

who cares its china, this site is probably banned in china. this is a country that pretends they didn't massacre a shitload of school students in 90's and has made it legal to talk or report about. (yeah i put that in there just in case it wasn't banned yet, come at me chief!)

Lucky this guy didnt have a beard:

s_t01_90605094.jpg

fun fact they didn't actually run him over, he was dragged out of the way beaten the s**t out of and then arrested, never to be seen again.

they then proceeded to fire live rounds and rubber bullets into the crowd (i'm sure they were only aiming at the ones with beards.)

tanks-tianamen.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope this doesn't catch on here, coffee isn't coffee if the barista doesn't look like a member of the Kelly gang.
Just on that, is the person who sells you the coffee in such establishments, rather than actually makes it, known as a solicitor?

Actually, it isn't banned over in China. Xinjiang is incredibly beautiful and probably the most beautiful of all the provinces. I have fond memories of Urumqi and Kashgar.

It's sad to see that even Han Chinese no longer visit.

Actually, it isn't banned over in China. Xinjiang is incredibly beautiful and probably the most beautiful of all the provinces. I have fond memories of Urumqi and Kashgar.

It's sad to see that even Han Chinese no longer visit.
Why do they no longer visit?

Why do they no longer visit?

too dangerous for them...they're terrified of the Uyghur population. Kashgar is virtually impossible for a Westerner or Han to visit, you simply cannot get accommodation, and if you do you will be blocked out from booking.

The CPC do not want westerners there at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back