Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This years China game should be called off. They could/should move it down to Kangaroo Island.

So given that spike was just due to the reporting method, the numbers over the next few days will be less

Anyone else expect the local media to trumpet massive drops in numbers

Didn't think so

Sensationalism sells
The big spike was also a bit of politics. Correctly count all the cases, get rid of any uncertainty about the marginal cases, sack Wuhan officials, and bring in a new boy to run things - the Mayor of Shanghai Ying Yong one of Xi Jinping's proteges.

No different to a new CEO of a big public company, usually writes off the value of a big pet project/assets of the previous CEO's in the first 6 months or for the year end accounts, shows a loss or big decrease in profit, says its got nothing to do with me, look at the results going forward of my tenure and what I have control of.

BEIJING—China ousted two top Communist Party officials in Hubei province, the center of the coronavirus outbreak, demonstrating Beijing’s disapproval of how local officials handled a threat that has mushroomed into an epidemic killing more than 1,300 people and halting business across the country.

The high-level firings of the Communist Party secretaries of both Hubei province and its capital of Wuhan helped to put some distance between the outbreak and the central government in Beijing. News of the sackings spread quickly on Chinese social media on Thursday, with citizens praising the moves.

Chinese state media said a protégé of Chinese President Xi Jinping, Shanghai Mayor Ying Yong, would be Hubei’s new Communist Party secretary, a position with the equivalent responsibilities of a U.S., replacing Jiang Chaoliang. China also fired Wuhan’s party secretary, Ma Guoqiang, state media said. He was succeeded by Wang Zhonglin, who had been the party secretary of Jinan, another provincial capita

1581675662083.png

So according to this, the number of deaths is going to exponentially increase regardless.

The numbers are bullshit - artificially low at the start, now artificially high. You've got articles being released now that state that the front line workers - people who are wearing full protective gear - are being infected.

You know, the protective gear that was made in their sweatshops - not the gear that was donated to them by well meaning countries.

And now this:

Coronavirus latest updates: China cuts death toll after 'double-counting' – live news

Statistical error led to more than 100 deaths being counted twice, national health commission says.

They are dumping vegetables because they can't move it to sell it to markets.

There's something really off about this whole thing. I can't put my finger on it, but I believe it's definitely to do with the trade deal signed with the US.

There are 24,256,000 people that live inside the official boundaries of Municipality of Shanghai, ie own level of administration seperate from provinces.

1 death out of 1,381 deaths in China, 318 cases of 63,862 on the main land and 62 recovered of 7,119 ( numbers constantly being updated)

1581682230238.png

City of Wuhan 11,080,000 and Province of Hubei 57,237,000 and 1,318 deaths of 1,381 deaths or 95.5% of the deaths are there.

1581682894340.png

I was shown footage yesterday from one of those 'produce' markets in Wuhan.... the worst of what you've probably been told is true.

Dead dogs, including carcusses out in the open. Bins full of ducks (some dead, some alive... blood everywhere). Barbecued rats on sticks.... I could go on and on.

I reckon I've found what it's all about:

"Britain needs to take a “hard look” and reconsider its decision to allow the Chinese firm Huawei into the UK 5G network, US officials have said..

The remarks, made on the margins of the Munich security conference on Friday, represent the most direct public warning from Washington to the UK that it should rethink and needs to recognise the high risk of exposure of the UK network to the Chinese state.

The US officials stepped up their campaign against Huawei, claiming it can covertly access mobile phone networks around the world through “back doors” designed for use by law enforcement. The company stands accused of stealing trade secrets and lying to US federal investigators in a new US indictment released on Thursday.

US officials said their intelligence showed Huawei had had a secret capability for more than a decade. Washington claims to have passed the highly classified intelligence to the UK and Germany.

There have been reports of a highly charged phone call between Boris Johnson and Donald Trump in the wake of the UK decision. Johnson has postponed a planned visit to the US until the summer, citing the pressure of domestic work, but also reflecting the tensions between the two allies."

Britain and, to a lesser extent, Germany have said it is possible to keep Huawei away from the core network, and not allow the firm greater than 35% access.

But the US national security adviser, Robert O’Brien, said: “We have evidence that Huawei has the capability secretly to access sensitive and personal information in systems it maintains and sells around the world.”

Another senior US official said: “Huawei does not disclose this covert access to its local customers, or the host nation national security agencies.

The Democratic House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, threw her party’s weight behind the White House warnings, saying that to allow Huawei into European networks would be “to choose autocracy over democracy”.

She also accused China of threatening economic retaliation against those who do not accept its technology, saying Europe should not adopt Chinese technology on the basis of short-term economic reasons
. Her remarks underlined the bipartisan American opposition to Huawei."

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Whether this virus is merely a form of economic blackmail on European countries to allow Huawei to build their 5G networks. You see, because China is part of the WTO, they can't just block trade from happening without massive fines being slapped on them...but they can create a situation that will show the Eurozone just how dependant on Chinese trade they really are.

And it seems to be having the right effect, too. Both the UK and Germany are looking to allow Huawei to build some of their 5G infrastructure.

"It would be costly and potentially risky for Germany, Europe's largest economy, to exclude Huawei. Its three network operators are all customers of the Chinese vendor and Berlin is concerned that such a move might provoke trade retaliation by Beijing."

I went looking for what this 'covert access' was, and found this:

"U.S. officials now claim Huawei has included backdoors into the equipment that effectively allows it to access the same data law enforcement can access. Typically these backdoors, known as “lawful interception interfaces” are used exclusively by law enforcement who must provide warrants to gain access. The equivalent of the old school wiretap, these lawful interception interfaces gives the user of the interface access to any data transmitted over the network, including phone calls and text messages.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the U.S. took its latest proof to closed-door meetings with officials and telco companies in the U.K. and Germany. A confidential memo written by the German Foreign Office and acquired by the Wall Street Journal characterises the proof presented in the meeting as a “smoking gun.”"

* that s**t. This is probably how Huawei managed to patent a whole bunch of technology that the US accuses it of stealing.

Then the Chinese ambassador basically threatens the German automobile industry by implying that if they ban Huawei, they will ban/put tariffs on German cars into China.

“Could we say one day that these German cars are no longer safe because we’re in a position to manufacture our own cars?” he said in a video on the newspaper’s website. “No. That is pure protectionism.”

Remember, this is happening at the same time the coronavirus is getting about.

My opinion is that China knows that they've got nothing with regards to AI without the ability to steal IP from the US through 5G networks, since all AI will be linked to a cloud server. They've put these backdoors in to facilitate this ability to piggyback on this IP and release new tech that US companies were probably going to release in the future and claim it as their own.

The country that develops human level AI first, rules the world.

View attachment 822926

So according to this, the number of deaths is going to exponentially increase regardless.

The numbers are bullshit - artificially low at the start, now artificially high. You've got articles being released now that state that the front line workers - people who are wearing full protective gear - are being infected.

You know, the protective gear that was made in their sweatshops - not the gear that was donated to them by well meaning countries.

And now this:

Coronavirus latest updates: China cuts death toll after 'double-counting' – live news

Statistical error led to more than 100 deaths being counted twice, national health commission says.
Where did that quote come from? Is the source in any sense reputable?

Exponentially increasing deaths. Utter s**t. Whilst I completely agree that we don’t actually know the numbers so far, the best guess is that at worst it’s twice the kill rate of influenza, and that far more people will die of the flu this year.

Where did that quote come from? Is the source in any sense reputable?

Exponentially increasing deaths. Utter s**t. Whilst I completely agree that we don’t actually know the numbers so far, the best guess is that at worst it’s twice the kill rate of influenza, and that far more people will die of the flu this year.

Exponentially increasing deaths.

Bull

s**t

It’s a bad case of the flu. Who in this world goes around freaking out about the flu? Knobs.

That’s the implication - that the figures are made up to incite fear into the markets and make people believe that they need China more than China needs them. Which is a lie, because China’s economy is weakening rapidly without the ability to sell without restrictions to the US.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing a game in China would be a major reason prospective sponsors would have an interest in us. So not having a game there this season won't help. Hopefully the game wasn't written as a deliverable in the sponsorship agreement. Or it's not a deal breaker.

Playing a game in China would be a major reason prospective sponsors would have an interest in us. So not having a game there this season won't help. Hopefully the game wasn't written as a deliverable in the sponsorship agreement. Or it's not a deal breaker.

In the article below David Koch applies some spin to the China venture. If what he says is correct not having a game in Shanghai must make a huge hole in the 2020 PAFC balance sheet.

If we did make a 500k profit out of the game in 2019 and it is contributing $6,000,000 into our revenue streams you have to wonder what effect no game will have. Supporters will never get to see the balance sheets and we will have rely on what we hear from the Chairman's lips so you have to wonder how much not going to China will effect the PAFC financially.

Last edited:
You want to know a brutal reality?

Coronovirus is probably the best thing to happen to this club since John Butcher. Chinese business and tourism is scrambling for good news stories and positive exposure.

Puts us in a rather commanding position.

Coronovirus is probably the best thing to happen to this club since John Butcher. Chinese business and tourism is scrambling for good news stories and positive exposure.

Watch us still find away to tie our shoe laces together and attempt to run.

You will have to explain the logic behind that to me. If we cannot get into China I cannot see how we can take advantage of the situation positive or otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back