Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made me smile ... let's all share a Port Adelaide pat on the back...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...tiser&utm_mediam=email&utm_campaign=editorial

Tony Pilkington: It’s time for SA to let the world know the swag of good things on offer in our state

The Crows and Power are respected, begrudgingly admired, especially Port’s push into the huge potential market in China. So why not follow David Koch’s lead and flog South Australia’s attraction now that China Southern is flying here three times a week?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion/tony-pilkington-its-time-for-sa-to-let-the-world-know-the-swag-of-good-things-on-offer-in-our-state/news-story/cdb9e7a49a652d5db75b989a1b405f26?utm_source=The Advertiser&utm_mediam=email&utm_campaign=editorial

Tony Pilkington: It’s time for SA to let the world know the swag of good things on offer in our state

The Crows and Power are respected, begrudgingly admired, especially Port’s push into the huge potential market in China. So why not follow David Koch’s lead and flog South Australia’s attraction now that China Southern is flying here three times a week?

This comment from the very South Australianly named Barrie:

"Australia in the next 12 months will have over 1m Chinese tourist, Sth Australia a paltry 30,000 visitors from China, a stronger more effective marketing campaign needs to put in place to gain the State share and drive investment =jobs."

Barrie probably thinks our China plan is a mere sideshow...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion/tony-pilkington-its-time-for-sa-to-let-the-world-know-the-swag-of-good-things-on-offer-in-our-state/news-story/cdb9e7a49a652d5db75b989a1b405f26?utm_source=The Advertiser&utm_mediam=email&utm_campaign=editorial

Has Pilko started his gig on fiveAA already?

So Pilko has been in Queensland for the past few years and comes back with fresh eyes and clearer vision. A few on AA and the 'Tiser should do the same it seems. He is, of course, right. Others should admire and could do well to follow in the wake of Koch et al and the PAFC ;)

I am finally all booked up and now counting down the days!!

Is anyone else heading through Beijing then down to Shanghai?

Negative.

We are promoting our brand in China not theirs.
Although we say 'developing the game' we actually mean promoting the brand - our brand.

And our partner/s are picking up the tab, not theirs.
Noted and mostly just for discussion. My preference always was and always will be that we give the Suns some prominent credit for this, but proportionate to effort involved. A couple of officials there or whatever. But I note that never happens with these things, we were officially invisible for all the games we played in Darwin and so far in Alice Springs.

I'm holding off booking my trip to Shanghai until i have confirmation of my tickets. I was told by someone from members services at the club that those who had registered interest would have their tickets confirmed by december.

Has anyone who registered their interest but didn't book a package (i can't as i live in Perth) heard anything?

I'm holding off booking my trip to Shanghai until i have confirmation of my tickets. I was told by someone from members services at the club that those who had registered interest would have their tickets confirmed by december.

Has anyone who registered their interest but didn't book a package (i can't as i live in Perth) heard anything?
Confirmation by December was always optimistic.
I would expect you to be able to book a package even though you live in a different part of the country. There would be an extra cost, or reduction, based on actual airfares, I would expect.
A call to Tee Lee Travel would straighten that out, or maybe Rexie J could assist.
We are only now starting on tickets and travel out of Hong Kong, so you haven't missed anything.

Following several chats with Janet Chin-NG, the owner of TeeLee Travel, we have varied one of the listed packages without any problems as have many other members. Contact TeeLee Travel direct as they are the contracted travel agent.

Info from their website.

AVAILABLE PACKAGES: THESE PACKAGES HAVE BEEN DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE PORT ADELAIDE AND GOLD COAST FOOTBALL CLUBS. ALL LISTED PACKAGES INCLUDE RETURN FLIGHTS, ACCOMMODATION, 1 FULL DAY TOUR, VISA, RETURN TRANSFERS AND GAME TICKETS. LAND PACKAGES, PACKAGES FROM OTHER DEPARTING CITIES AND OPTIONAL TOURS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirmation by December was always optimistic.
I would expect you to be able to book a package even though you live in a different part of the country. There would be an extra cost, or reduction, based on actual airfares, I would expect.
A call to Tee Lee Travel would straighten that out, or maybe Rexie J could assist.
We are only now starting on tickets and travel out of Hong Kong, so you haven't missed anything.
No. I registered interest in tickets but we've yet to hear.
Following several chats with Janet Chin-NG, the owner of TeeLee Travel, we have varied one of the listed packages without any problems as have many other members. Contact TeeLee Travel direct as they are the contracted travel agent.

Info from their website.

AVAILABLE PACKAGES: THESE PACKAGES HAVE BEEN DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE PORT ADELAIDE AND GOLD COAST FOOTBALL CLUBS. ALL LISTED PACKAGES INCLUDE RETURN FLIGHTS, ACCOMMODATION, 1 FULL DAY TOUR, VISA, RETURN TRANSFERS AND GAME TICKETS. LAND PACKAGES, PACKAGES FROM OTHER DEPARTING CITIES AND OPTIONAL TOURS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE.
Thanks all - will give them a bell and see if we can't sort something out.

I only want tickets to the game... I have arranged my own travel and accommodation.

I also registered for tickets only then emailed to add 2 more tickets and received an email saying I could have the tickets and not to worry. So hopefully all good. Can't wait!

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

SOO, I was thinking today - I really hate the bus ride back down Port rd after a loss.... * me, it is going to be a prick of a flight home for those few GCS fans that make the trip! ;)

I see Essendon are making a push into India. Wonder how they got an idea like that.
James Brayshaw.

Link
"Brayshaw also questioned Port selling its own media rights for the match.

“As single-entity football clubs we’re allowed to sell our content are we?

“Because I might just get on the phone to Star TV, get our names written on the back and sell it to India and make an absolute fortune.”"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back