Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I was corrected by someone very knowledgeable that it wasn't $1500 a share that the biotech company was looking for - that will teach me to guess translations of Chinese characters :D Andrew Hunter said there were a few interested parties who had their calculators out. Hope it works out for everyone who was involved :)

Hope Sally Zhou/Ausgold isn't connected with this dude, although she contributes to the the Libs instead...

ALP reels after resignation and calls for China donations inquiry

Labor is reeling after an adviser resigned amid revelations that the party bankrolled its 2016 federal election campaign with the help of up to $140,000 in donations from gold dealers linked to a multimillion-dollar tax scam.

The resignation from NSW Labor of rising star, 2016 Senate candidate and gold trader Simon Zhou, comes as respected ALP MP Anthony Byrne called for a full parliamentary inquiry into foreign interference and donations, with public hearings by the joint parliamentary intelligence committee, of which he is deputy chair.

http://www.watoday.com.au/federal-p...-china-donations-inquiry-20170613-gwq0yo.html
She is connected with the Libs. I only saw this on from question time yesterday and was repeated on Insiders this morning. Watch Bishop's response to the question from Wednesday's question time in the embedded video

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...u/news-story/1adfe9686bca0ae87a1516fa5c25251d
JULIE Bishop has responded angrily to questions over the “Julie Bishop Glorious Foundation” which was set up by one of the Liberal Party’s largest donors, a Adelaide-based Chinese mining magnate.

The Foreign Affairs Minister was quizzed in Parliament today over what she knew about the foundation, which was set up last April by businesswoman Sally Zou. It comes amid growing concerns about Chinese influence in Australian politics through foreign donations. Earlier this year, Ms Zou was revealed as the South Australian Liberal Party’s largest donor by a huge margin, with her company Aus Gold Mining Group kicking in $360,000 last financial year.Aus Gold also donated $100,000 to the federal branch of the Australian Liberal Party.......
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...u/news-story/1adfe9686bca0ae87a1516fa5c25251d

and the story from 10 days earlier

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busin...r/news-story/0a10465fe5970e133ff4434d1d6481c6
ONE of the Liberal party’s largest donors, Chinese mining magnate Sally Zou, previously set up a company called “Julie Bishop Glorious Foundation” which the Foreign Minister says she has never heard of.

The enigmatic Ms Zou, who is also a large financial supporter of Port Adelaide Football Club, also set a company last month called Australian Earthly Paradise. That company’s principal place of business is 19 Tallisker Rd, Deep Creek — the address of a pristine 1.5km stretch of coastal property currently on the market for $2.5 million, which is not owned by Ms Zou. It is understood she might be intending to buy the property. Julie Bishop Glorious Foundation Pty Ltd was set up in April last year, and changed its name to Glorious Foundation just nine days later. A spokeswoman for the Minister said the existence of the company was news to her. “The Foreign Minister has met Ms Zou from time to time at various functions. The Minister was not aware of any Foundation established using her name, nor has she been approached by Ms Zou for any government assistance.’’.........
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busin...r/news-story/0a10465fe5970e133ff4434d1d6481c6

The club makes its presentation to AFL Commission tomorrow about its 5 year plans for China.

Andrew Hunter will have a big role in that but KT and Koch will be there and would have been distracted by the Burgess contract negotiations. No idea how much time they had to divert from getting their presentation together.

So Port presented to AFL yesterday about our China strategy going forward. Wonder when we'll hear the outcome.
It's 11:00 am and still nothing from the club! Total lack of transparency.

melt.gif

:rolleyes:

Couldn't care less about something that isn't vitally important to winning games this year. China strategy has nothing to do with 2017 anymore unlike having the (probably) highest paid coach defect mid-season.
I am inclined to agree. We have our four points from China already this season.

So Port presented to AFL yesterday about our China strategy going forward. Wonder when we'll hear the outcome.
a month or two's time, at either the next AFL Commission meeting or the one after that.

The inclusion of guaranteed premium economy/business class airfares being part of the CBA for any flights overseas (other than New Zealand) was tacit approval by the AFL IMO.

Ah Gold Coast my little Shih Tzu. Maybe you will maybe you won't. After you soiled your bedding last time, you just may not be house trained enough.

And has there ever been a better company name than Julie Bishop Glorious Foundation? I mean really, it's absolutely divine. How can she not know about that? If that was me I would have a jacket made with the name embossed on the back so people know how special I am.

Must've been cold in the room at the Business Opportunity Forum - Kochie, Vladimir Putin and a few others, still have their coats on (and maybe the real reason for the scarves):

DChpAv_UQAA5CWZ.jpg

And I wonder if Kochie slipped Hamilton-Smith the club tie just for the event, or if he's a true Ports man...

DChpAwCUAAEKeuW.jpg

DChpAwBVYAEtDFN.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't care less about something that isn't vitally important to winning games this year. China strategy has nothing to do with 2017 anymore unlike having the (probably) highest paid coach defect mid-season.
However this is the China thread and I am very interested in everything about our strategy.

Must've been cold in the room at the Business Opportunity Forum - Kochie, Vladimir Putin and a few others, still have their coats on (and maybe the real reason for the scarves):

DChpAv_UQAA5CWZ.jpg

And I wonder if Kochie slipped Hamilton-Smith the club tie just for the event, or if he's a true Ports man...

DChpAwCUAAEKeuW.jpg

DChpAwBVYAEtDFN.jpg
H-S claimed to be a Port man...

And the windows facing the oval were open. Kochie's Inspector Gadget look did raise some eyebrows but I think he left straight after the H-S speech.

H-S claimed to be a Port man...

And the windows facing the oval were open. Kochie's Inspector Gadget look did raise some eyebrows but I think he left straight after the H-S speech.
Top photo, gent in front of audience with flat cap definitely Chinese Secret Service casing the joint. Our next partnership sure to be with Ministry of Public Security under pseudonym. Then we know we're in trouble.

Top photo, gent in front of audience with flat cap definitely Chinese Secret Service casing the joint. Our next partnership sure to be with Ministry of Public Security under pseudonym. Then we know we're in trouble.
He was with of the presenting businesses, pretty cool looking dude.

edit: I think it was a big data-type company so he could still be Chinese secret service...

Ah Gold Coast my little Shih Tzu. Maybe you will maybe you won't. After you soiled your bedding last time, you just may not be house trained enough.

And has there ever been a better company name than Julie Bishop Glorious Foundation? I mean really, it's absolutely divine. How can she not know about that? If that was me I would have a jacket made with the name embossed on the back so people know how special I am.
Australian Earthly Paradise sounds like a good name for Alberton Oval.

I think it was a big data-type company so he could still be Chinese secret service...
Speaking of the Chinese and data, what bright spark though it would be a good idea to store Australia's Defence Department data in a non-government owned and controlled data centre?

Australian Defence files to be moved out of privately owned data hub after Chinese buy-in

"The ownership of Global Switch changed in December when the London-based parent company, Aldersgate Investments, accepted $4 billion in cash for a 49 per cent stake from Chinese consortium Elegant Jubilee."

Elegant Jubilee is no match for Julie Bishop Glorious Foundation.

The long term plan is to eventually have a preseason NAB game in Hong Kong every year to add to the Shanghai game.
Haha not according to Koch. he doesnt want a bar of Honkers. He wants other capital cities. there migh be some incongruent goals between management and the board.

The long term plan is to eventually have a preseason NAB game in Hong Kong every year to add to the Shanghai game.
On which full-size ground? Don't tell me ... no no no no ... not the Kai Tak Sports Park. Never happen, not unless it's Kochie's idea holus bolus, start to finish, top to bottom. No no no no no bloody no.

On which full-size ground? Don't tell me ... no no no no ... not the Kai Tak Sports Park. Never happen, not unless it's Kochie's idea holus bolus, start to finish, top to bottom. No no no no no bloody no.

I believe it was mentioned :p Apparently the week after the club got back from Shanghai all those involved in putting the game on went to a debrief and Kochie said that was the plan. Don't have to worry so much about all the logistics of a regular season game.

Also, the AFL and the Federal Government are in talks about the China game for 2018 - I didn't catch all of what this was about, but I believe it was about the politics more than the logistics - I think the AFL are trying to establish a permanent relationship with the Government through Tourism Australia but they have to consider the election side of things.

The club would be happy to play in Shanghai on a Thursday night and then have the next game on a Sunday - they believe a ten day break should be sufficient without having the bye. They are looking to hold the game next year around the same time...but later would be beter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back