China lands on the moon

Remove this Banner Ad

A respectable achievement. It will be interesting to see if the Chinese can follow up with a manned mission in the next decade or two, or whether the Americans will get their act together and return with a permanent presence.

The moons tidally locked to the Earth.Was reading on space.com that the Chinese planted potato seeds.On the dark side of the moon.

Whilst not wanting to sound like a Flat Earther or Climate Change denier, why haven't there been any moon landings by people since the mid 70s? And only the US.
It is obvious there is still a lot to explore there.

Great effort by the Chinese, butt surely given the way technology has advanced since the mid 70s we should have sent people up there by now to explore the entire surface and below.

They keep saying we will land on the moon again. But it always a decade away.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Whilst not wanting to sound like a Flat Earther or Climate Change denier, why haven't there been any moon landings by people since the mid 70s? And only the US.
It is obvious there is still a lot to explore there.

Great effort by the Chinese, butt surely given the way technology has advanced since the mid 70s we should have sent people up there by now to explore the entire surface and below.

They keep saying we will land on the moon again. But it always a decade away.

It used to cost upward of $1.5 billion to put a man on the moon. Even today, it's probably in the range of several hundred million dollars.

But the main reason is probably that there's not much that a man can do there that a rover couldn't. There's really * all on the moon.

It used to cost upward of $1.5 billion to put a man on the moon. Even today, it's probably in the range of several hundred million dollars.

But the main reason is probably that there's not much that a man can do there that a rover couldn't. There's really **** all on the moon.
It would be a great tourist destination.....

The moons tidally locked to the Earth.Was reading on space.com that the Chinese planted potato seeds.On the dark side of the moon.
The near and far sides get equal amounts of sunlight, but on a monthly cycle instead of one day. Obviously the far side never gets Earth light. I'd be staggered if those seeds grow though. The moon dust composition is high in metals and low on organic material IIRC.

They didn't last
The first ever plants grown on the moon, albeit in a sealed container.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-46873526

Not surprisingly they all died just after sprouting, gets pretty cold on the moon. https://www.space.com/43025-china-moon-mission-plants-dead.html

There seems to be no information about the current state of the mission, last we heard the space craft was going into sleep mode and then was supposed to wake up at the end of this month. You can find more recent articles about the future Chang'e 5 mission than 4. Perhaps a sign things have not gone as planned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back