China taking over the World

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
There didn't seem to be a specific thread about this topic so I am starting one.
With China ignoring the Hague's determination regarding China's hasty artificial islands being illegitimate claims, the stakes just seem to have escalated.
I can't see the US backing away from their determination to enforce free passage through this disputed waterway and it now seems that China is determined to reinforce it's claim as well.
China says it will deal with the individual countries but I can't see that China will deal fairly.
I can't really see a positive resolution to this impasse.
http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/h...d/news-story/c113b1d28684782c5f5cb6eb5be5dec4

I can't believe that anyone was actually shocked that China thumbed their nose at The Hague. As soon as I saw it on the news I started laughing.

China will do what China wants to do.

I can't believe that anyone was actually shocked that China thumbed their nose at The Hague. As soon as I saw it on the news I started laughing.

China will do what China wants to do.
No security council nation has ever taken such a ruling against them as legit, not about to start now.

Out of interest what kind of relations does China have with other Countries outside of the US group such as Russia and other European countries. Its not going to get to this but if there was a war who fights with who.

China is being pushed into an alliance with Russia which would be a very powerful alliance, given Russias tech, resources and land mass and china's numbers and manufacturing base.

Out of interest what kind of relations does China have with other Countries outside of the US group such as Russia and other European countries. Its not going to get to this but if there was a war who fights with who.
China's most powerful allies are Russia and Pakistan. The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation is their most notable agreement

fairly decent relations with Sudan..actually, most of China's oil comes from Africa. Africa supplies oil (sudan, angola) and China supplies weapons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If trump wins, and the us actually want to move to a conflict with China, we better stay the **** out of it from either side
Our Naval forces train with the US all the time for such a contingency. You can bet our ships and planes will be in the thick of the fighting if it get's to that point. The ANZUS Treaty will take precedence over any trade deals we have with the Chinese.

Our Naval forces train with the US all the time for such a contingency. You can bet our ships and planes will be in the thick of the fighting if it get's to that point. The ANZUS Treaty will take precedence over any trade deals we have with the Chinese.
Then we'd be stupid. ANZUS shouldn't mean we follow blindly. You think Iraq was bad, a conflict with China would ruin us.

Then we'd be stupid. ANZUS shouldn't mean we follow blindly. You think Iraq was bad, a conflict with China would ruin us.
If a conflict starts because China refuses access through the South China Sea and Australia refuses to support moves to stop this then that won't be good for Australia either.

Why have European Union leaders stated that "Europe will not survive" without mass immigration?

I find the following quote quite interesting:

"Had Charles Martel not been victorious at Poitiers -already, you see, the world had already fallen into the hands of the Jews, so gutless a thing Christianity! -then we should in all probability have been converted to Mohammedanism [Islam], that cult which glorifies the heroism and which opens up the seventh Heaven to the bold warrior alone. Then the Germanic races would have conquered the world. Christianity alone prevented them from doing so."

angela-merkel-hitler-euro.jpg

If Trump wins, I think you will find Australia's special relationship will become a little less special.
Trump may be an simpleton in politics but he's no fool. He may pull back from a confrontation with China in SE Asia but he will maintain US prescence in the region with Australia's support.
In Trump language - Vietnam, the Phillipines, Malaysia - you're fired.

Revenge for the opium wars
yeah. Revenge is a meal best served really cold.

China don't need to start a war though. They're smarter than that. Instead they'll just gradually buy up the worlds hard assets: Cbd property, arable land, quality mines and gold.

It's already well underway

Our sea & airpower will be focused on maintaining supply lines between Australia and Singapore such is the low level of refining capacity in Australia.

Our sea & airpower will be focused on maintaining supply lines between Australia and Singapore such is the low level of refining capacity in Australia.
RIMPAC 2016 showed that Australia is very willing to contribute it's frigates, supply ships and aircraft carriers to any conflict in the South China Sea.

RIMPAC 2016 showed that Australia is very willing to contribute it's frigates, supply ships and aircraft carriers to any conflict in the South China Sea.
Supply ships and aircraft carriers?
We have two supply ships (when they're working) and no carriers. I'm not getting carried away with any contribution we could make - it would be token at best. Our FFGs are basically what the yanks use as missile sponges to protect vital assets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back