China

Chinese Super League - will it ever be an elite league?

• Yes

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 78.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been googling up the CSL fixtures. Does anybody know when their season kicks off? I've watched a few games in the past but the standard hasn't been that of a high quality. Part of the reason being sub-standard pitches which has made the game unattractive to watch.

I think with this foreign player policy for their league introduced this season where you can only have 3 foreign players+ 1 asian player will affect the quality.

If the CSL wants to be a treated as a serious league, you would want at most 5 international players on the pitch at all times. The Chinese players have a long way to go to catch up with the Australian counterparts.

If I was the CSL CEO, would be propose something along the lines of (on the pitch at all times):

* Goalkeeper of Chinese origin(all GK positions in China have to be Chinese)
* 1 under 23 CHinese football player on pitch at all times (they current have this rule in their league)
* 1 Asian player outside the Chinese confederation
*4 international players outside the Asian confederation
*4 Chinese players

You still have at least 6 Chinese players on the field at all times. If you look at the Premier League and La Liga as examples its clear that the majority of the players are from outside England and Spain on match days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was the CSL CEO, would be propose something along the lines of (on the pitch at all times):

* Goalkeeper of Chinese origin(all GK positions in China have to be Chinese)
* 1 under 23 CHinese football player on pitch at all times (they current have this rule in their league)
* 1 Asian player outside the Chinese confederation
*4 international players outside the Asian confederation
*4 Chinese players

You still have at least 6 Chinese players on the field at all times. If you look at the Premier League and La Liga as examples its clear that the majority of the players are from outside England and Spain on match days.

Ok maybe I was kidding myself, the only way the CSL is going to be decent is if all the players are selected based on 'the best available'. e.g if you have 4 international players on a pitch (and they are you best 4), and your 5th best player is an international player, you play them.

England, Spain, Germany, Italy , France will be still be the big 5 in world football, because their grassroots is stronger, which makes their league stronger. Where players are selected on merit, not where they are from. When the day in China arrives, then it will be a decent league.

Most important thing is time. People bumping this thread whenever a Chinese team loses a game arent really interested in the development of the league and sport in China.

I agree. 20 years left until the Chinese national team win the world cup according to President Xi. Time is ticking.

Perhaps defeating the likes of Hong Kong & Syria might be a start of something great for "Team Dragon".

How is this magical league going domestically? Crowds? Quality of games? How are the stars going?

Guessing nobody knows because it's the football graveyard we all know it is
To be honest you come across as quite racist. Where is the MLS thread and where is your expression of outrage in there?
Quite pathetic really.

After doing some digging looks like the money is being well spent and the stars are lighting it up and inspiring the youth of China....

image.jpeg

To be honest you come across as quite racist. Where is the MLS thread and where is your expression of outrage in there?
Quite pathetic really.
The MLS thread doesn't exist despite being a much higher quality than the Chinese league. This thread only exists because of how laughable the wages they pay are in comparison to the standard of football

Back