China

Chinese Super League - will it ever be an elite league?

• Yes

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 78.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It will always be one of the best leagues in Asia. Can't see the A league ever matching European leagues though.

We'll see just how good on Feb 24 these Chinese teams are. Melbourne Victory are playing Shanghai SIPG who have been spunked a fair stack on players with European experience.

Yeah true, i'll just be glad that the league continues to improve.
I think the A-League could do with more teams, a 10 side comp isn't quite enough IMO.
I would love to see a decent 2nd league as well one day so we could adopt a relegation/promotion system.
But it won't happen here, most people are into AFL or Rugby so we don't have the homegrown talent.

That sucks, he is already loaded and owns multiple homes over the world, sports cars, etc.
Why not come back to Aus for awhile Timmy?

I think he probably would have if Shanghai had the courtesy to tell him they were going to change their minds about his contract before the Feb 2 transfer deadline cutoff. MVFC could have even signed him as an injury replacement for Valeri outside the salary cap.

If these clubs are happy to shell out €50 million for Alex Teixeira and £25 million for Ramires + exorbitant wages, it's scary to consider what they'd offer for an Ozil, Lewa or Neymar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

United considered selling naming rights to OT a few years ago. Fans were ropeable to say the least. They were looking at getting 20m per season. Given City's deal we'd probably get 80-100m per season now. Surprised the Glazers haven't done it and given the V to the fans.

£80m for stadium naming tights is a bit optimistic imo. But you'd easily rake in £20-30m I think.

[Edit]Given Liverpools reported asking price maybe £30-40m is more likely.

Last edited:
Back