Chinese influence over Australian politics

Remove this Banner Ad

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Major issue in the property development of Australia at the moment. Will leave a ghost tower once the investors pull out?
Reckon theres been a fair bit of dodgyness across the board for a while now. This is why we need fairfax

Major issue in the property development of Australia at the moment. Will leave a ghost tower once the investors pull out?
Reckon theres been a fair bit of dodgyness across the board for a while now. This is why we need a well funded and independent ABC
Fixed.

Where is the Australian influence over China? I'm getting sick of this whole sewing first world mouth to second world anoos stuff.

Didn't look good for Dastyari. How he is still anywhere near politics is a joke.

How convenient for Dasher that the UK election came along and allowed him to bail overseas on Thursday, just when this investigation was about to drop.

Federal ICAC anybody?

Will never happen.

Will be interesting to see if Turnbull actually follows through with his plan to ban foreign donations.

Where is the Australian influence over China? I'm getting sick of this whole sewing first world mouth to second world anoos stuff.

We can not sell them raw materials ... or buy their goods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was anyone else slightly underwhelmed by this?

Surprise surprsie - rich Chinese businessman who donate to political parties have links to the Chinese Communist Party - how many rich Chinese businessman wouldn't?!

Indeed, but surely it is beholden on Australian politicians to represent their Australian constituents, not the CCP.

Also, the stuff about Chinese observation and harassment in Australia was pretty scary.

As was the links between the bloke from ONA and his Chinese intel missus.

Was anyone else slightly underwhelmed by this?

Surprise surprsie - rich Chinese businessman who donate to political parties have links to the Chinese Communist Party - how many rich Chinese businessman wouldn't?!

I was blown away by Dastyari. He should be immediately sacked and banned from entering politics. He is representing China - as seen in his comments regarding the South China Sea, which he later tried to back track on. What a joke. Labor need to take a good hard look at themselves, and who they want representing their party. What do they want their party to represent, and who does it represent - Australia, or China? It taken a persistent media to get Dastyari removed from his last position. Labor would have left him there. So it is a bit worrying that Labor would leave a bloke - who is indirectly representing China - in a position of power.

I was blown away by Dastyari. He should be immediately sacked and banned from entering politics. He is representing China - as seen in his comments regarding the South China Sea, which he later tried to back track on. What a joke. Labor need to take a good hard look at themselves, and who they want representing their party. What do they want their party to represent, and who does it represent - Australia, or China? It taken a persistent media to get Dastyari removed from his last position. Labor would have left him there. So it is a bit worrying that Labor would leave a bloke - who is indirectly representing China - in a position of power.

His running away to the UK to avoid the heat particularly loathesome behaviour.

Indeed, but surely it is beholden on Australian politicians to represent their Australian constituents, not the CCP.

Also, the stuff about Chinese observation and harassment in Australia was pretty scary.

As was the links between the bloke from ONA and his Chinese intel missus.

Fair shout about the Chinese students keeping a watchful eye over the rest of the brethren.

I just tend to think all donors donate to ensure politicians serve their interest rather than that of their constituents. I don't think Chinese donors would be any different to donations from other lobbyists on that front.

Agree - absolutely despicable compared to the righteous and pure behavior of Andrew Robb :rolleyes:

Fair shout about the Chinese students keeping a watchful eye over the rest of the brethren.

You could hear the incredulousness in McKenzie's voice when Lupin Lu said without any hint of the implications of what she was voicing that she'd report fellow students in Australia to the embassy for political activities.

You could hear the incredulousness in McKenzie's voice when Lupin Lu said without any hint of the implications of what she was voicing that she'd report fellow students in Australia to the embassy for political activities.

Would still nut in her though #honeytrap

Would still nut in her though #honeytrap

That game of basketball, man, I thought Ricky Wong was going to appear at any moment.

Reckon theres been a fair bit of dodgyness across the board for a while now. This is why we need fairfax

How many Chinese have investment in Australian property in blatant contravention of FIRB rules whilst state and federal governments did nothing?

Fairfax, lol. They and News both earn cash from real estate and i would think its far more important to the former than the latter.

How many Chinese have investment in Australian property in blatant contravention of FIRB rules whilst state and federal governments did nothing?

Fairfax, lol. They and News both earn cash from real estate and i would think its far more important to the former than the latter.

Mate, you are aware of the pedigree of the Fairfax reporter in question?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back