Politics Chinese Social Credit takes a big leap forward

Remove this Banner Ad

The have territorial disputes with almost every one of their neighbours and are claiming ocean territories that are nowhere near them. They may have been insular in the 50s but they are aggressive expansionists today.

Dalai lama isnt sure about this part.

It's better than pumping kids full of addictive pych drugs. Drugs that take decades off thier life's. Cause many diseases and damage the repuductive system.

I wonder why nobody talks about that?

People talk about that all the time, it is a massive issue.

Also, it isn't better than that. Both are s**t.

Let he who is free from sin cast the first stone

The former head of pbs was asked why don't they run stories on the true nature of pychiatric drugs. The response was that those companies spend millions on advertising. If they were to run these stories, that advertising would be pulled and moved to thier rival.

This is the sort of social control we should be debating. Once we have fixed problems like this, then we can be critical of others. On that same site when posters spoke about issues surrounding these drugs they encountered bullying and censorship from senior staff of that site.

On another site some posters had a rational argument against gay marriage. But because of the possibility of Google ads punishing that forum, these posters were bullied and sane rational debate deleted.

Blues under loos.
Yeah, I've seen a couple of these bible quotes popping up lately, and I don't think they're any more correct than they were as couple of thousand years back.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." A story about someone who talked a crowd out of stoning a woman because they themselves were not without sin.
Which, by extension, assumes that only perfect people should be permitted to enforce the law? Rubbish. There are no perfect people. There'd be no one enforcing the law.

Or, of course, we could assume the entire thing is only a metaphor, and consider that it only addresses criticism. We should not criticize until we ourselves are above criticism? How would that work? For a start, we'd not even know what to avoid if we became so insular, and secondly while we were sitting here tidying our rooms, so to speak, the rest of the world goes on a power grab without a care for your "morality" and becomes as powerful as... well, China. Or the USA. Free of criticism.

This forum would completely disappear if only perfect posters were free to criticize. There are none.

We certainly should be addressing issues like the ones you've described, although the ones which occurred in the past are becoming more distant every day and there is very little anyone can do about them. Except, perhaps, to be aware... and to criticize.

I would certainly not be using the bible as a basis for your personal morality. It's full of guano.

Yeah, I've seen a couple of these bible quotes popping up lately, and I don't think they're any more correct than they were as couple of thousand years back.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." A story about someone who talked a crowd out of stoning a woman because they themselves were not without sin.
Which, by extension, assumes that only perfect people should be permitted to enforce the law? Rubbish. There are no perfect people. There'd be no one enforcing the law.

Or, of course, we could assume the entire thing is only a metaphor, and consider that it only addresses criticism. We should not criticize until we ourselves are above criticism? How would that work? For a start, we'd not even know what to avoid if we became so insular, and secondly while we were sitting here tidying our rooms, so to speak, the rest of the world goes on a power grab without a care for your "morality" and becomes as powerful as... well, China. Or the USA. Free of criticism.

This forum would completely disappear if only perfect posters were free to criticize. There are none.

We certainly should be addressing issues like the ones you've described, although the ones which occurred in the past are becoming more distant every day and there is very little anyone can do about them. Except, perhaps, to be aware... and to criticize.

I would certainly not be using the bible as a basis for your personal morality. It's full of guano.

So what you're saying we have the right to tell other countries what to do.

"Rights" don't exist, unless you believe in absolute morality.
There are no such things as rights. There are only moral values which we believe are universal, but need to enforce by whatever means necessary and available.

Are we going to tell people what to do? Yes.
Are they going to tell us to * off and mind our own business?
That depends on how powerful they are, or what they hope to gain by either complying with our demands or ignoring us.

"Rights" don't exist, unless you believe in absolute morality.
There are no such things as rights. There are only moral values which we believe are universal, but need to enforce by whatever means necessary and available.

Are we going to tell people what to do? Yes.
Are they going to tell us to **** off and mind our own business?
That depends on how powerful they are, or what they hope to gain by either complying with our demands or ignoring us.

And what morals do you think australia has that gives it the right to criticise China?

Remembering in just over two weeks we celebrate the starting date of mass genocide. We do that by eating rubbish food getting drunk.

Just like we tell other people what to do, Australia has the right to tell other countries what to do.
We don't live in Never Never Land. Let's face it, the Nut and Berry Party is never going to take power in Australia. The ALP was created through people taking action. I want my government to be an active participant in world affairs. I don't want them sitting in Canberra being useless.

Just like we tell other people what to do, Australia has the right to tell other countries what to do.
We don't live in Never Never Land. Let's face it, the Nut and Berry Party is never going to take power in Australia. The ALP was created through people taking action. I want my government to be an active participant in world affairs. I don't want them sitting in Canberra being useless.
The United nations list us the most barbaric of all concerning the treatment of indigenous cultures. What you're saying is that you think nazi germany had a right to participate in world affairs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back