Rumour Choco Watch - May be Saints new coach - Finey from SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Thread needs more tinfoil hats
2169712-2169711-tin_foil_hat.jpg

They'd be stupid not to pick Williams.

Can anyone confirm whether Melbourne are getting handouts from the AFL or not?

Rumored to be around $2.5mil...not sure if that is including the tanking fine.

I dont want to lose choco and i take no solace in losing him just because it reflects well on Richmond and that is because we didnt create him, he was the finished product when he came to use. I just see us losing a wealth of knowledge of 0 gain.

Stand in his way Chief!

Didn't we poach him from GWS even though he was under contract? Good luck Choco and hope the best for you, I'd rather you stayed but he has to look after his personal interests as well.

Well with Roo's signing for Melbourne, Essendon stupidly only wanting an interim coach and Brisbane and West Coast being in two cities his family do not want to move too i think its fair to say we've got Choco for another year. :)

I hear Essendon want a new coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have it good authority that Roos is still Melbourne-bound. And this process is just that, a process. Based on their poor track record the MFC must now show they've carried out their due diligence in every new appointment, especially Head Coach. If Choco leaves it wont be for the head coaching position at Melbourne next season.

I don't know your source, but it makes sense.

Strikes me as ironic yet somehow fitting that MFC would go through the motions of "due diligence" when they have already made their minds up, because in the past they have made mistakes by going through the motions of "due diligence" when they had already made their minds up.... Poor bastards.

Back to the topic of the thread, Choco has been fantastic for the Tigers IMO and I'll be sad to see him go, but he will go. Maybe not to MFC in 2014, but to some other club, some time. It's best that he leaves on good terms and all potential replacements see that staff at Punt Road are treated with respect.

I don't know your source, but it makes sense.

Strikes me as ironic yet somehow fitting that MFC would go through the motions of "due diligence" when they have already made their minds up, because in the past they have made mistakes by going through the motions of "due diligence" when they had already made their minds up.... Poor bastards.

Back to the topic of the thread, Choco has been fantastic for the Tigers IMO and I'll be sad to see him go, but he will go. Maybe not to MFC in 2014, but to some other club, some time. It's best that he leaves on good terms and all potential replacements see that staff at Punt Road are treated with respect.

Roos has already been named coach of Melbourne in 2014 + 2015 btw (I realise it doesn't change your point, just mentioning it)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back