Choco Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed ... but does Mitchell want to wait ? And will the offer be to hard to resist ?

Or does Clarko sense the opportunity for another 10 years coaching at another Big Victorian club instead of getting undercut by Mitchell in 2-3 years time?

This post about Choco below raised some eyebrows for me.

There’s no doubt he has his strengths, but I would tread carefully before appointing him in any capacity.

Interesting post but if he was the head honcho there would be no one to undermine. That aside it’s a No from me.

4 year contract, $1m pa, full autonomy, can select his own assistants and support staff (subject to soft cap). Mitchell might still say no but we shouldn’t die wondering.

4 year contract, $1m pa, full autonomy, can select his own assistants and support staff (subject to soft cap). Mitchell might still say no but we shouldn’t die wondering.
You want to pay Williams $4 million.
Wow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon hell no might as well stay with Buckley one super defensive coach to another.
If Lyon was serious about coaching again, he would already have a much more attacking and relevant game plan in mind. He knows the ultra defensive game is gone and he is very shrewd when it comes to thinking about the game. He seems to have the ability to get the players to buy into his plans and also seems to be able to build a very strong list quickly. If Longmire can drasticaly change his game style, so can Ross, it';s just a hunch but I think we would be looking very closely at him provided he can convince the cluib that his new game style stacks up.

With Sam Mitchell you are effectively getting Clarkson as well. Multiple Premiership player and captain. Young man able to relate to young men.
Now I’m confused.

If Lyon was serious about coaching again, he would already have a much more attacking and relevant game plan in mind. He knows the ultra defensive game is gone and he is very shrewd when it comes to thinking about the game. He seems to have the ability to get the players to buy into his plans and also seems to be able to build a very strong list quickly. If Longmire can drasticaly change his game style, so can Ross, it';s just a hunch but I think we would be looking very closely at him provided he can convince the cluib that his new game style stacks up.

I think you're confusing Eade with Lyon here. He's coached 2 sides the same way....defensive. Eade was always the one willing to try new things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back