News Chol and Soldo sign on for 2 more

Remove this Banner Ad

4 years ago there was no presence with Aliir

He was just a clumsy colt
Who could read the play and still had a presence...
Chol doesn't like contact and he can't read the play. He should dominate vfl with his attributes but he doesn't.
Will be gone at end of year I reckon

Chol doesn't like contact and he can't read the play. He should dominate vfl with his attributes but he doesn't.

I actually agree with that
Nank , Samson , Soldo , Colina , CCJ

Cant have 6 Rucks in a team and only way he remains if he reinvents himself as a Defender

Have you ever seen Allir Allir play forward? Has absolutely zero idea and can't read the play to save himself, like a lot of very good intercepting defenders who failed as forwards (Jones, Howe, McGovern). Reading the play as a defender is the easiest part of footy, anyone can look good doing it. Chol himself looks great anytime he is behind the ball and I would strongly disagree with the notion he lacks presence when in the ruck or playing defence.

Reading the play with an opponent up your ass and an opponent sitting in your leading space is a completely different story, it takes a different kind of physicality and requires you to be an absolute campaigner, something Chol doesn't have and is something you develop at an early age.

Chol can still make it as AFL footballer and has the physicality required to do so but he needs to either developed as a defender or Ruckman which based on last weeks VFL game they're giving him a crack at the ruck role and he looks to have bulked up a little in order to play it.

Have you ever seen Allir Allir play forward? Has absolutely zero idea and can't read the play to save himself, like a lot of very good intercepting defenders who failed as forwards (Jones, Howe, McGovern). Reading the play as a defender is the easiest part of footy, anyone can look good doing it. Chol himself looks great anytime he is behind the ball and I would strongly disagree with the notion he lacks presence when in the ruck or playing defence.

Reading the play with an opponent up your ass and an opponent sitting in your leading space is a completely different story, it takes a different kind of physicality and requires you to be an absolute campaigner, something Chol doesn't have and is something you develop at an early age.

Chol can still make it as AFL footballer and has the physicality required to do so but he needs to either developed as a defender or Ruckman which based on last weeks VFL game they're giving him a crack at the ruck role and he looks to have bulked up a little in order to play it.
Chol is of a list spot

Soldo one dimensional he was pushing back in defence and pushing forward and kicking goals he aren't the old player your thinking off improved massively only question is his knee now our best tap ruckman to.CCJ needs games , but let's not get ahead ourselves.

Soldo is limited. But the Nank Soldo combo was dominant. Soldo is an absolute top line AFL tap ruck, control contests through his strength and is really good at filling the hole - as well as being somewhat dangerous forward. Nank is a decent ruck and brilliant ruck rover. Together they allow is to structure up against anyone and to create mismatches.

Soldo back and we'll be a much stronger team.

I'm surprised we aren't playing CCJ. But I guess they had to wait for his kebab suspension and give him some VFL games. Although Marlion might have taken that 2nd ruck spot now :cool:

I think we all can agree now that Richmond has gone past Chol as a Foward/Ruck
I wouldnt mind them playing him as a full back at VFL level for the rest of the year to see what he brings to that position

He has the speed height and leap as well as the agility to play that role

A perfect example of failed foward that has become a very good backman is Aliir but also Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back