choppy

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2001
Not the Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Okay North supporters, here is an update of the crowd figures. Here is the average home and away attendances to the end of Round 7. Given the poor onfield start we have had, the washout at Geelong and interstate games in Sydney and Brisbane, I think the crowd figures for North are pretty good so far.

Essendon 55641
Collingwood 55224
Richmond 49577
Carlton 37517
Melbourne 34432
Kangaroos 32523
Adelaide 31654
Bulldogs 31613
Hawthorn 31486
West Coast 30246
Sydney 29695
Port 29305
StKilda 28786
Geelong 27245
Fremantle 26774
Brisbane 24180

Here is another interesting crowd statistic given the home team now keeps the match receipts. It will be interesting to see Geelongs financial position at the end of the year.

Collingwood 53219
Essendon 50888
Richmond 48564
Kangaroos 39399
Melbourne 38871
Adelaide 37959
Hawthorn 33254
Carlton 33066
West Coast 33057
Sydney 31232
Bulldogs 30592
StKilda 30014
Port 27721
Fremantle 25750
Brisbane 22970
Geelong 17814

Choppy thanks great to see...

Sixth not a bad effort at all... you could have posted it on the main board... for a little bit of fun....

Choppy... can you do one with Home Game attendances??? I may be wrong but I think we would be even higher up the ladder...

I know the playerrs were talking about the crowd but I think that after a few games the ACT supporters will get into it a bit more.

I was sitting in the Bradman stand which had predominantly vic people, except for the corporate guests up the back, and there was a little bit of noise.

I found it hard to see play in the outer and it reminded me a little of waverley in that the ball seemed to get lost in the crowd.

Give it time and marketing and I'm sure we will see a big improvement. The ground and facilities are excellent and my opinion is that Canberra is our future out of state venue.

Give Sydney the flick !

Originally posted by Vansrooboys
Heard the other night at the Northerners Dinner that the Round 22 Clash at SCG may be changed to Manuka.....hmmmmmm. Hope so, I won't be in the country, but hope so.......:)

Yes, this has since made the papers.

I hope so too considering our sucess rate at Manuka.

What Mike Sheehan says in the Herald Sun today makes it all sound so easy, if only. I mean it would be great if we didnt have to miss out on seeing our team so often during the season, but unfortunately it doesnt work out that way for us. It will be interesting to see what sort of a turn up it will be at the G on Friday night, dont know what they are expecting but should be a good crowd. I see that we are still going after that Good Friday game, if we do eventually get it, then I think that we should go into it with the Bulldogs.

I agree - in a perfect world all teams would have equal money from sponsorship, have equal numbers of members etc.

Unfortunately this is not the case.

Given that Nth has had crowds of 15000 to MCG games in the past I think a crowd of 11000 was not too bad. I would much rather we have canberra as our home away from home than Sydney. The ACT has a local comp and after a few matches the crowds will lift.

As for the Good Friday game my understanding is that we have asked for it each year for the past 4 years.

Originally posted by kmartkid

As for the Good Friday game my understanding is that we have asked for it each year for the past 4 years.

With the TV rights changing hands, I would say it'd highly likely that the AFL will reconsider its stance that Good Friday is sacred and people don't want footy played on that day.

Channel 7 in the past would have had to make a decision on whether to screen the RCH telethon, or a footy game (even a replay).

Channel 9 would probably be keen to out-rate Channel 7's telethon on Good Friday, and what better way to do it than to to put the footy up against it.

It will be interesting to see if the Kangaroos will be one of the chosen clubs when it happens, given that we have asked for it since the idea was first mooted.

My money would be on this scenario :
We get the first Good Friday match, likely to be in 2001.
If it is a crowd success, in 2002 the AFL manufacture a Essendon vs Carlton Good Friday tradition in, like they did with Anzac Day.
If the first game draws a disappointing crowd, it'll be North vs an interstate team in 2002 :rolleyes:

Originally posted by 35eye

Yes, this has since made the papers.

I hope so too considering our sucess rate at Manuka.

Have you seen our record at the SCG? It's awesome, the Swans would love our record there. 25 games, 19 wins, 6 losses.

But, if we HAVE to move.....Canberra seems like the best place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are the average home and away figures to the end of round 8.

Essendon 54617
Collingwood 52600
Richmond 47014
Melbourne 36060
Carlton 35577
Adelaide 31332
Bulldogs 30521
Hawthorn 30425
Port 29933
Kangaroos 29827
West Coast 29340
Sydney 28842
StKilda 26558
Geelong 26368
Fremantle 25956
Brisbane 23907

We dropped four positions down from 6th to 10th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back