Delisted Chris Dawes

Remove this Banner Ad

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's time the MFC parted ways with Chris. When is he contracted until? I genuinely believe that he would not be getting a game at Casey if he walked in off the street. He simply has no elite attributes. I'm not sure if he has any good attributes... He is being given games solely on the basis of being paid big money. It is killing us too. He's slow, is a horrible contested mark and spends most of his day doing little more than pointing. We need to move on from Dawes, the view that he is 'important for structure' is a red herring. We'd be much better off with Fitz or Spencer, at least they both aren't as slow as turtles and can take an overhead mark.
I desperately hope this is the last season we will see Dawes 'running' around in the red and blue.

Agree with the sentiments. Roos should definitely make a statement by dropping him to the VFL.

The other thing with Dawes is, Hogan's more a natural CHF than he is a deep forward. But because we play Dawes, who can only really present as a battling CHF, it means we play Jesse close to goal, where he's not as well suited.

In an ideal world, we'd have Jesse as a true CHF and a strong, tall target to kick to deep (and not Dawes).

If memory serves he was on a four year deal for $2mill. So probably out of contract 2016.

Let's face it, he's a very limitted player. I actually like him though, because he tries bloody hard. Unfortunately his ability doesn't match his endeavour. If we could field 21 other blokes who tried just as hard...

If memory serves he was on a four year deal for $2mill. So probably out of contract 2016.

Let's face it, he's a very limitted player. I actually like him though, because he tries bloody hard. Unfortunately his ability doesn't match his endeavour. If we could field 21 other blokes who tried just as hard...

Maybe if we paid everyone else with limited ability $500k a year, they'd try hard too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think was our failure? Not having a go, just curious as to what other supporters saw as the issue beyond our goal kicking.

I put it down to 3 main points;

1) We kicked inaccurately.

2) We kept playing wet weather footy in the third quarter, when conditions had actually dried up (didn't switch play or retain possession).

3) We allowed them to take too many uncontested marks and possessions in our forward line. Hogan was by far the worst culprit - he didn't need to take marks or kick goals, he needed to present and bring the ball to ground.

I put it down to 3 main points;

1) We kicked inaccurately.

2) We kept playing wet weather footy in the third quarter, when conditions had actually dried up (didn't switch play or retain possession).

3) We allowed them to take too many uncontested marks and possessions in our forward line. Hogan was by far the worst culprit - he didn't need to take marks or kick goals, he needed to present and bring the ball to ground.

Good summary. I'll add to that the fact that we let them work the ball out of stoppages far too easily. So many times there'd be a ball up and they'd have three or four players lined up out the back, they'd work it out with a chain of handballs and off they went.

Good summary. I'll add to that the fact that we let them work the ball out of stoppages far too easily. So many times there'd be a ball up and they'd have three or four players lined up out the back, they'd work it out with a chain of handballs and off they went.

That was mostly in the third quarter, when they realised they were able to possess the ball rather than just bang in forward to gain yardage.

We should have been doing the same thing and switching the play, passing the ball around - but we were stuck in the wet weather mindset of the first half and it cost us.

What's the point of putting him in the VFL , he's a 100 game premiership player in his prime

He ain't improving , he must be ******* unbelievable on the track because I just don't see it with him

He looks good when he is leading up and working over his man but he hasn't done IT all season

What's the point of putting him in the VFL , he's a 100 game premiership player in his prime

He ain't improving , he must be ******* unbelievable on the track because I just don't see it with him

He looks good when he is leading up and working over his man but he hasn't done IT all season

Him and Hogan are struggling to play with each other at the moment.

Not much chemistry, Hogan has played a lot better with Dawes out of the side and vice versa.

Dawes is a solid player, he works hard and creates a contest.

Him and Hogan are struggling to play with each other at the moment.

Not much chemistry, Hogan has played a lot better with Dawes out of the side and vice versa.

Dawes is a solid player, he works hard and creates a contest.

I was thinking the same thing.

They don't seem to have worked out how best to play together, yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back