Chris Dawes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawes would not have made an ounce of difference over the past 4 seasons, except that we may be still stuck with him and may not have recruited Jesse White. We sold him at exactly the right time. He and Wellingham afforded us three consecutive bites at the draft.

We nailed the Grundy pick, and managed to cash in on the Kennedy pick to land Howe. Jury remains out on Broomhead but he has tons of ability.

I have more reservations over losing Wellingham than Dawes who I have no concerns about and never did. But Wellingham had baggage which he took to the Eagles and wasted two years until 2015 when he started playing some good football again

Dawes would not have made an ounce of difference over the past 4 seasons, except that we may be still stuck with him and may not have recruited Jesse White. We sold him at exactly the right time.
Alone, no list management decision would make a world of difference. It isn't about Dawes or Wellingham or recruiting Young etc etc. We are where we are because of the directions and decisions that Dawes' trade was a part of.

giphy.gif

Although.. I would take Shaw back.

My username is DAWESome, and I think this is a terrible idea.

Like OA said, love him as a bloke and as a former premiership player always welcome back at the club, but not as a player.

You have disgraced the user name, for shame!
Getting Dawes back to the club should be our #1 objective

That is all

WTF is wrong with you lot? In his first year at Melbourne, he showed 'Leadership qualities and laid ONE bone crunching tackle that labeled the trade as a 'disaster' for Collingwood. Why you no listen to Mathew Lloyd, Lingy and Duck? Whyyyyyyyyy?

WTF is wrong with you lot? In his first year at Melbourne, he showed 'Leadership qualities and laid ONE bone crunching tackle that labeled the trade as a 'disaster' for Collingwood. Why you no listen to Mathew Lloyd, Lingy and Duck? Whyyyyyyyyy?

We got Broomhead for him didn't we? Sort of a nil-all draw at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You make things up.
I'm happy to stand by my entire posting history without retraction.
I'd happily stand by my support of Dawes too. I know now that we saw the best of him in the 2 GF's (his tap and knock on's in the 2nd GF were exceptional - smart footy), but I didn't like the way we parted company with him. Not that I want him back now. BJ only deals in negativity. Just ignore him.

Dawes was brilliant in 2010 and the first half of season 2011 and I mean BRILLIANT. But that is 6 years ago and he's fallen away badly in fact he fell away when Buckley tried to ruck him because he lost confidence in the game. It was never a position he was good at. It's a no on his recruitment now got to look to who can be the next Dawes of 2010 not 2017.

Dawes was brilliant in 2010 and the first half of season 2011 and I mean BRILLIANT. But that is 6 years ago and he's fallen away badly in fact he fell away when Buckley tried to ruck him because he lost confidence in the game. It was never a position he was good at. It's a no on his recruitment now got to look to who can be the next Dawes of 2010 not 2017.

I always blamed his demise on the LASIK eye surgery he had at the start of 2012:(

I think if we are seriously looking at a stop gap forward to cover for a year, Petrie would be a better option.

Although older, Petrie has been pretty clear in terms of injury whereas Dawes' body is destroyed. Also, Petrie is a genuine backup ruck in case of emergency as well, and a much more proven mark.

Realistically, we use our first round pick next year on a gun young forward, so it would only be a stop gap option for 1 year to help protect Moore.

He was never brilliant . Blaming his demise on being sent into the ruck is downright ridiculous

He was pretty good before the thumb injury, seemed to set him back a fair bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back