Chris Dawes

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny?

You must have Google Plex Abs, meaning if you find that funny........

You support Melbourne FFS, lol

Frank you are Shameless and I love it ... wanna go down the Jockey for a pint ... we can have a paaaarteee?

Then you will meet a real MFC supporter ... we support all our players past and present.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I'm dead alone on the Hawks board but I just don't rate our KPF stocks and even if we had a mature body you could put pressure on the other forwards to keep their spot would be nice. But at the moment without Roughead we have Gunston, Schoemakers, Sicily, O'Brien and Surman, Vickery should play the Hale role so I'm not really including him as a KPF. Dawes would cost nothing and surely has more years left in him at AFL level if he can keep his body right.

Or maybe I'm just an idiot, I also want to rookie Lowden and Morabito.

I am just recovering from the recruitment of Fitzpatrick. Surely Wright would not compound my horror by signing this spud.
Fitzpatrick has been heroic in his time at Hawthorn.

As for Dawesy, surely Hawthorn will complete every AFL supporter's dream by having him line up alongside Tyronne Vickery?

Works hard and has good endurance for a big bloke, and is a quality person and leader who sets the right example, but has always been a poor overhead mark for his size, and a bit of a "built like Tarzan, plays like Jane" type at times as well. Has also become a bit injury prone during his time at Melbourne too (just 50 games in 4 seasons). Not really sure he has much of a future at AFL level beyond being a cheap depth option. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot regardless of who recruits him.

Lead up CHF who can't take contested marks can't really fulfill any meaningful role at AFL level. For example Hawthorn would let Gibson zone off him and chop you up with intercept marks and the dogs would play a Biggs/Wood on him and burn him on the rebound.

His best chance at rekindling an AFL career is getting turned into a backman imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies would have been thrilled to get pick 20 for him
You have no idea. The lols when we heard Melbourne had signed him for 4 years at $500k...

Now doesn't that remind me of someone...
It's funny that people don't realise yet that Mayne would have netted Fremantle more than band 3 compo for $500k @ 4 years, but each to their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back