Chris Dawes

Remove this Banner Ad

Mad props Freo

Debutant
Jan 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Out of contract at the end of the season and we could really do with a big full forward.

Collingwood would want a fair bit for him, but he would be better than Fev, with more playing years available. A forward line with Dawes, Pav, Ballantyne and one of Mayne/Crowley/McPhee as the "third tall" would be rather attractive.

I like this.....

Ballantyne. Dawes. Mayne
Fyfe. Pavlich. Mzungu

I'm sure he wants to stay, but have a crack at him anyway. Much better option that Mitch Clark or Fev up front, and is the dominating full forward we need.

We could probably offer more coin than Collingwood with them just resigning daisy and pendles and being pretty full in the salary cap.

I doubt he would leave Collingwood but surely you have to ask his manager the question. I would be very happy to add him to our list and slot him in at FF/CHF with Pav but realistically I dont see this happening.

His brother does live in WA, he use to play for East Perth now plays A grade amateurs for Wesley Curtin so maybe that could twist his arm a little

His career certainly hasn't taken off at collingwood. Cloke has it all over him, gets the better defenders and still performs. Dawes seems almost surplus with all there fleet footed goal sneaks. Doubt they'd miss him from that team tbh.

I'd rather him that Mitch Clark.

Big body and good when going. He had been out for 7 weeks prior to our game with the Pies. IMO a perfect compliment to having Pav down in the forward line.

His career certainly hasn't taken off at collingwood. Cloke has it all over him, gets the better defenders and still performs. Dawes seems almost surplus with all there fleet footed goal sneaks. Doubt they'd miss him from that team tbh.

He would be very much missed. We have no other option, especially now Brown is retiring. He was on fire at the start of the season and is only 22, so has alot more growing in him as a player.

He takes the 2nd best defender every week and sometimes the best if he is sitting in the 50 the whole game, definately help Cloke out. Against a top quality side we need him for our structures, just like any team needs 2 big forwards to compete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would be very much missed. We have no other option, especially now Brown is retiring. He was on fire at the start of the season and is only 22, so has alot more growing in him as a player.

He takes the 2nd best defender every week and sometimes the best if he is sitting in the 50 the whole game, definately help Cloke out. Against a top quality side we need him for our structures, just like any team needs 2 big forwards to compete.

That's right. I don't think people remember how good he was earlier in the year before injury etc. He is a prefect '2nd tall' fwd target. He's got a good defensive game to him, good hands, hard worker etc. Would love him here to fill what Mayne tries to do.

Anyway, it's not going to happen as others have said. He'll stay at Collingwood or go where the money is if that's what he's after - I doubt he'd be interested in us.

Bit overrated Dawes, can't see him ever setting the world on fire as a Fwd, will probably take over second ruck duties with us (L. Brown role) next year, apparently he isn't a dumb cookie either, doing a law degree iirc, doubt he's going anywhere.

Dawes is a foil for Cloke, takes a defender away from a potential two on one. He's just average though like Darling, won't be anything special.

Yeah, if you watch Cloke body an opponant he does the damage well before the ball hit his hands, Dawes lets his opponant pretty much have a clean run at the ball and doesn't engage/use his strengh enough IMO, he's young though, there's still hope.

it's odd they haven't signed him though ? Dawes is in their best 22 and is young and with brown retiring, there isn't really any other KPF than Cloke (Tarrant??). Surprised they didnt lock him in yet to keep out of reach of GWS. Saying that imo Patton is a lock for GWS 1st draft pick and plays a similar role.

it's odd they haven't signed him though ? Dawes is in their best 22 and is young and with brown retiring, there isn't really any other KPF than Cloke (Tarrant??). Surprised they didnt lock him in yet to keep out of reach of GWS. Saying that imo Patton is a lock for GWS 1st draft pick and plays a similar role.

Mate, i don't think any teams would be throwing the kitchen sink at Dawes, he's important to us for our structure but if you had to rely on him as a no1 KF i highly doubt you'd be seeing much sept/oct action, has turns in the ruck with us and i can see that time increasingn the future, not a valuble player IMO.

Lots of players from all clubs havn't signed due to the CBA being announced soon as well.

like him more than mitch clarke. if we could get him he would be great for our side, regardless if he becomes realy good or not.

I would be very happy if we got Dawes. He is a player we could use straight away with good effect. With Dawes in the forward line the other forwards should function better. Can't see it happening unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back