Roast Chris Fagan: 'Gold Coasters aren't interested in footy'

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
And with the above in mind, an injury troll is a bit of a dick move.

Particularly when it was sustained during an activity for The Big Freeze, if I'm not mistaken?
giphy.gif

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If we're going to slam any team in the media, whether you're Brisbane or Gold Coast, it should be squarely focused on GWS or Sydney. Those are our state's REAL rivals.
Huh? Sydney are annoying, but my ire is reserved for Victorians in general and Collingwood in particular. I don't imagine many Lions fans would consider Sydney more of a rival than the black and white scum.

Nov 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Huh? Sydney are annoying, but my ire is reserved for Victorians in general and Collingwood in particular. I don't imagine many Lions fans would consider Sydney more of a rival than the black and white scum.
Or Port.

******* Port.

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
The thing that annoys me is that the standard fallback position is that Gold Coast is a plastic franchise selling a plastic AFL experience.

Whether that is from a thoughtful senior coach quickly trying to come up with something relevant to say or a bunch of media blowhards who pander to an entitled Victorian AFL base (or actually think that way).

The first thing to comes to mind is they think we are plastic.

That is what really really annoys me. Which means that whoever says it deserves our scorn.

If Lions fans don't like our scorn after Fagan says what he thinks, too bad. Fagan has some work to do to get out of the same hole we put Dwayne Russell and Mick Warner.

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
bit of a quandary for Stewie now in how he deals with Fagan because he has shown him a lot of respect and deference in the past and been very supportive and complimentary of Fagan, I think Stewie needs to probably bare some teeth subtly now Fagan is drinking his own bathwater

... And I'll see myself out..

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I going for GWS. I think once they won't a premiership the team will break up. Collingwood president is sh**house. I like Bulldog poster here ****. Brisbane take all the second and third round pick and yet still want to get ah chee cheap f*** it.

werdna78

All Australian
Sep 29, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fulham Football Club
The thing that annoys me is that the standard fallback position is that Gold Coast is a plastic franchise selling a plastic AFL experience.

Whether that is from a thoughtful senior coach quickly trying to come up with something relevant to say or a bunch of media blowhards who pander to an entitled Victorian AFL base (or actually think that way).

The first thing to comes to mind is they think we are plastic.

That is what really really annoys me. Which means that whoever says it deserves our scorn.

If Lions fans don't like our scorn after Fagan says what he thinks, too bad. Fagan has some work to do to get out of the same hole we put Dwayne Russell and Mick Warner.
I agree, I hate the term plastic as well. And if you look at the history of new teams coming into the AFL,they were mostly created from nothing.

West Coast - Created by AFL (1986) to create a national comp to bail out VFL clubs (just like a credit card) no affiliation with a WA club

Brisbane Bears - Created by AFL (1987) to create a national comp to bail out VFL clubs (just like a credit card) no affiliation with a Qld club

Adelaide - Created by AFL (1990) to create a national comp to bail out VFL clubs (just like a credit card) no affiliation with a SA club

Fremantle - Expansion by AFL (1995) $4 million license, no affiliation with a WA club

Port - Expansion by AFL after Fitzroy and Bears merger (1997) Only club who had an affiliation with a state club before coming into AFL

South Melbourne was moved by VFL to Sydney.

Back