gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
I think the title speaks for itself and the reasons, in terms of publicity, are obvious.

The club should do this ASAP. I understand that Alan Johnstone has done a lot for the club, but that shouldn't be the main factor for a decision like that.

What are people's thoughts?

I think the title speaks for itself and the reasons, in terms of publicity, are obvious.

The club should do this ASAP. I understand that Alan Johnstone has done a lot for the club, but that shouldn't be the main factor for a decision like that.

What are people's thoughts?
Spoke to Peter Gordon last week, apparently it's our number 1 priority going into next season. They have sent Bob Murphy to get it done.

Sorry for the smart ass reply.

I agree. Alan Johnstone and all those other benefactors like the Johnson fella should all be rightfully acknowledged. But 'Thor' is one of the biggest celebrities in the world at the moment. I actually like Star Wars (Gen Xer) but have never even seen a Thor movie. He'd also have two really important traits that a lot of number one ticket holders don't have; he seems a a top bloke (rare in that stratosphere) and LOVES the footy club. He'll bring in the kids and the chicks. Love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I tend to agree. The number 1 ticket holder should be based around marketing opportunities. The guy is a global superstar and seems an obvious choice.

He displayed us to a few million people who follow him on instagram, that's good enough for me!

What classes as 'devoted'? Lived in Sydney then overseas for several years, now Byron Bay. Still had a Bulldogs jumper on hand for 'that' photo.

This is it - he had a top and wanted to show to everyone he was a supporter.

For a star of his pulling power that is enough for me.

Imagine if the club got him involved in some ads for us (with an element of comedy), we'd get more memberships that's for sure.

Hope he gave Jake's medal back to him

I'd forgotten about that. I wonder if Jake was thinking how big an impact it could have on the club if Hemsworth pumps out a lot of media support for us. Would be a huge sign of commitment to the club if that was his motivation. Or maybe he was just high on the win and star struck.

If i recall, I remember a post on here circa early 2015 that we tried to reach out to him but he wanted nothing to do with us.

Whilst it is great he has hopped on the bandwagon after we clinched the greatest premiership of all time, the above conduct, if true, is unbecoming of a no. 1 ticket holder.

I don't really care if he acted like a s**t bloke in the past! He's Thor, and if he agreed to do it, it would be massive for us.

The only kind of unbecoming conduct that should really make us reconsider is if he pulls out some Mel Gibson level behaviour.

I recall him being interviewed prior to the 2015 Grand Final and when the subject turned to the dogs you could sense that his support was more historically familial than BigFooty rabid as I believe he has spent much of his adult life away from the hot house of football in Victoria. Having seen his reaction to our stupendous (his famous flex image was posted immediately after the GWS win) September run you cannot blame him if the fire for the club re-ignited into something much more serious and there is no doubt that his and his families elation to the win was absolutely genuine.

Is any of this worthy of the number 1 ticket holders position without knowing his true feelings for the club. I'd say probably not, but the club would be crazy not to try everything they can to leverage his and his brothers handsomeness and celebrity into our upcoming seasons promotional initiatives. No.1 promotions dude(s) perhaps.

Not really the reactions of a bandwagoner.

/Insta stalking.

Last edited:
I'd forgotten about that. I wonder if Jake was thinking how big an impact it could have on the club if Hemsworth pumps out a lot of media support for us. Would be a huge sign of commitment to the club if that was his motivation. Or maybe he was just high on the win and star struck.
That was probably the case. And I think it was Liam, now I recall. Surely he would give it back....

I'm sure there are worthier number one ticket holders to be had.

What classes as 'devoted'? Lived in Sydney then overseas for several years, now Byron Bay. Still had a Bulldogs jumper on hand for 'that' photo.
Attending more games this year than just a Grand final. Merv Hughes much more devoted. I've sat near him a few times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back