Chris Judds reputation

Remove this Banner Ad

chicken-boxing-in-a-suit-isolated-thumb11811498

What frustrates me is how the media always paints him as a saint or a role model. Since when has he ever established such a personality? He won the Brownlow at a young age and was a very exciting prospect - that's about it. Ever since we've had over-enthusiastic journalists hyping him up constantly.

He's good footballer but that's about it. He isn't a good person.

To suggest Judd is a thug is just silly, he cops more s**t from the opposition than any player going around today, I think he's pretty restrained to be honest. Campbell Brown, now there's a guy with an unwarranted reputation, hard at the man isn't tough, how he came out of that Jackson bump smelling like roses is a joke, took his eyes off the ball and charged into Jackson, who was crouching over the ball with no momentum. THUG personified.

You honestly think eye-gouging is ok? Go for the ball, or the man with the ball, not someone pinned to the ground.

Once again; you're a little over-emotional for my liking and as such, the tendency of bending truth to meet opinion becomes evident.

If you're talking about Richetelli last year, the footage clearly shows nothing touched Richetelli's eye and that Richetelli was holding a Carlton player to the ground ... not being pinned to the ground himself.

Once again; you're a little over-emotional for my liking and as such, the tendency of bending truth to meet opinion becomes evident.

If you're talking about Richetelli last year, the footage clearly shows nothing touched Richetelli's eye and that Richetelli was holding a Carlton player to the ground ... not being pinned to the ground himself.

You know he's talking about the Campbell Brown incident

It does make you wish he left that s**t at West Coast.

But if his frustration is getting the better of him that's something he needs to deal with.

It's just difficult to see coaches telling Chris "supposedly coaches himself" Judd about these types of things.

He definately does act 'spoilt' at times like that but the best thing about him is he is otherwise completely professional on field... Otherwise...

From what little I remember, wasn't Leigh Matthews dirty, to the point of being temporarily deregistered?
Diesel had his moments as well...

They are two of the greats of the game.

In my opinion, Buckley's blood smearing is one of the worst things IMO that I can remember recently (bar Solly's elbow) (Poor Ling :eek:) but I don't think Buckley is any less of a player for letting the heat of the moment get to him.

The truth of the matter is, in 15 years, he will be remembered as having one of the better careers of an on-baller in the modern era should he keep pace with last year.

I must add, if that elbow is even in similar realms of 'dirty' with that eye gouge on Brown... sheesh!

I think frustration has just overboiled, here, in light of the fact that Kepler got a reprimand and Judd's didn't warrant anything (supposedly). There was already a thread for Judd's being a protected species.

What's the difference between 120 minutes of prolonged attacking Judd by every Fremantly player and one recoil by Judd?

Judd was 'attacked' every second he was on the ground. The frustration just got to him and he just lashed out. He wasn't aiming to hit pavlich in the head. I dare any one of you to run around for 120 minutes, get harassed like he does and not retaliate in any way (when the adrenaline is pumping and the match is on).

In saying this, he probably does deserve a week for it but the way all of you talk about it, its like you think he should be suspended for the whole year. He did make contact with the head and that should be given a week. But it doesn't lower my respect for Judd at all, this sort of stuff happens in football all the time. Its just he's the player everyone wants to find an excuse to hate.

What's the difference between 120 minutes of prolonged attacking Judd by every Fremantly player and one recoil by Judd?

Judd was 'attacked' every second he was on the ground. The frustration just got to him and he just lashed out. He wasn't aiming to hit pavlich in the head. I dare any one of you to run around for 120 minutes, get harassed like he does and not retaliate in any way (when the adrenaline is pumping and the match is on).

In saying this, he probably does deserve a week for it but the way all of you talk about it, its like you think he should be suspended for the whole year. He did make contact with the head and that should be given a week. But it doesn't lower my respect for Judd at all, this sort of stuff happens in football all the time. Its just he's the player everyone wants to find an excuse to hate.

A taggers job is to be annoying, they didn't go out there to intentionally harm him. Your claims of Judd being 'attacked' for 120 minutes is just plain wrong - they played him within the rules (borderline). Being held or nudged and pushed isn't attacking and comparing that with Judd's elbow is idiotic and a poor attempt of deflection.

I understand he gets frustrated and niggled constantly every game. However he does not get attacked constantly.

Ablett, Hodge, Hayes, Black, Harvey and other players cop the same treatment week in week out also but they don't commit the weak dirty acts Judd does.

He is definitely not the player everyone wants to find an excuse to hate, he provides the reasons himself. For a few years I would go out of my way to watch Judd and held no ill feeling toward him.

He has since however shown who he is when things don't go his way. Another Carlton supporter described it perfectly as 'spoilt'.

If anything, he is the player many and the media (now the match review panel now) find an excuse to ignore the things he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breaking news people on big footy don't like Chris Judd, i am told he is crying aloud and hoping that he can change the mind of some people to spineless to even get jobs let alone play the sport itself.

To many nerds here had the little vagina's punched in at school and now feel the need to act like men while hiding behind there mothers keyboard.

Breaking news people on big footy don't like Chris Judd, i am told he is crying aloud and hoping that he can change the mind of some people to spineless to even get jobs let alone play the sport itself.

To many nerds here had the little vagina's punched in at school and now feel the need to act like men while hiding behind there mothers keyboard.

I love it ^^ :D

will go down in history as a dog

at least he will go down in history and not just be another flog like you who has done nothing :D

Some people do some don't, you don't champ and thats why you and many others here find the need to put down people you do not even know. It says alot about who and what you are.

A taggers job is to be annoying, they didn't go out there to intentionally harm him. Your claims of Judd being 'attacked' for 120 minutes is just plain wrong - they played him within the rules (borderline). Being held or nudged and pushed isn't attacking and comparing that with Judd's elbow is idiotic and a poor attempt of deflection.

So when a tagger takes a Judd, an Ablett or Hayes, pin their arms and pile-drive them or sling them into the ground, they aren't trying to hurt them ????

Have you ever heard the saying ' make 'em earn it !"

The issue for mine was not necessarily the acts themselves (the first eye gouge was shocking, but the second one could have been anything really), but how trivially he took it. The Steven Seagal stuff was absolutely ridiculous and really showed his true colours.

He is obviously of the opinion that it is considered ok to eye gouge and attack someone in a defenseless position.

I'm obviously of the opinion that you're a bit on the soft side; that you've most probably never played the game as man; and that you've let your emotions twist reality into suitable position for you.

That you failed to address any point from my last post, but instead chose to reply in this way to the poster who - as you know - wrongly thought you were talking about Campbell Brown, shows I'm not that far off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back