Free Agency Chris Mayne [signed with Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds good, but we'll be needing to send you Jarryd Blair for your goodwill.

By the way, I have a strange feeling that there is some sort of arrangement between Collingwood and Freo re Mayne. We give him top $$$ for your compensation and we'll be getting something else out of it. Maybe a higher pick for Marley Williams or something else this year or next year.

Pretty smart if that's the case as we have the cap space to pay someone overs.
I agree & have a feeling it could involve an Ed Langdon Marley Williams swap. BTW I believe Mayne has a lot more good footy in him and am sorry to see him go.

Jaksch and Whiley and Boekhurst for Ahern. So what exactly has Ahern achieved.

Just because GWS selected Ahern, doesn't mean other clubs would have. We are talking pick 7. And Boekhurst will probably be delisted in a couple of years.

What about the grand daddy of them all? Dale Thomas on $700k pa for 4 years??????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because GWS selected Ahern, doesn't mean other clubs would have. We are talking pick 7. And Boekhurst will probably be delisted in a couple of years.

What about the grand daddy of them all? Dale Thomas on $700k pa for 4 years??????

What about Cloke $800k for 4 years.

Every club has made mistakes

What about Cloke $800k for 4 years.

Every club has made mistakes

Mate what are u banging on about? We are talking about a recruit from another club. Is that so difficult for you to comprehend? And for your information, Cloke's first 2 were very good including All-Australian in 2013. He was one of the best big CHF in the league and we had to offer a longer term (but not as much $) than was being offered in the market to retain him.

But seriously, stick with the discussion.

Mate what are u banging on about? We are talking about a recruit from another club. Is that so difficult for you to comprehend? And for your information, Cloke's first 2 were very good including All-Australian in 2013. He was one of the best big CHF in the league and we had to offer a longer term (but not as much $) than was being offered in the market to retain him.

But seriously, stick with the discussion.

So pies traded out their 1st round pick in 2010 for Ceglar who i dont think played a game and Andrew Krakouer who lasted about 2 years. That draft pick turned out to be Karnezis to Brisbane but to make my story sound better i will say it cost you Luke Parker who went at pick 40. Am i doing this right.

Seriously don't understand the joy of the Richmond supporters on this forum. Mayne will be a handy pickup for the pies. Has shown great versatility and can be valuable in both the forward line and backline. Elite in tackling and pressure skills. Gives 100% every time he takes the field, does not ever simply jog behind his opponent.

Beyond that he is a model citizen who has had an enormous impact on the starlight foundation. Just no tats Mayney that would look horrendous.

Seriously don't understand the joy of the Richmond supporters on this forum. Mayne will be a handy pickup for the pies. Has shown great versatility and can be valuable in both the forward line and backline. Elite in tackling and pressure skills. Gives 100% every time he takes the field, does not ever simply jog behind his opponent.

Beyond that he is a model citizen who has had an enormous impact on the starlight foundation. Just no tats Mayney that would look horrendous.
Surely that would be apart of the contract, 2 tats per year min. The first one should be down the fore arm listing how to kick straight

Yep exactly. Tigers don't know what it takes to build a team and how to recruit for a need. They'll never change because, like the club have admitted this year, they really aren't interested in contending for a premiership. And I love how their supporters feel it will now change! Keep bringing in those Yarran types.

Yep exactly. Tigers don't know what it takes to build a team and how to recruit for a need. They'll never change because, like the club have admitted this year, they really aren't interested in contending for a premiership. And I love how their supporters feel it will now change! Keep bringing in those Yarran types.
Well this is where you have no idea at all. The problem with the Tigers is that they always recruited for a need but didn't get good/elite players at those positions. Houli and Yarran were because we had no run out of the backline. Chaplin because we needed to help Rance. Maric and Hampson because we had no rucks. Townsend, Moore and Matt Thomas because we had no hard inside midfielders. Then we draft outside midfielders with upside inside of drafting elite kids at these positions.
Mayne, at this time, will be useless to us. It will be the same rubbish over again. We need to build up our midfield with elite kids, preferably inside as our outside guys are OK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back