Player Watch Chris Mayne (Retired 2021)

Round 3, 2017 - we played the Swans at the SCG, it was Mayne’s third game for us and he played a shocker. He got dropped and didn’t play again all year. It led to a lot of angst over the dud deal. Buckley and Mayne’s father got into a very unseemly spat.

Fast forward to 2019, back to the scene of the crime at the SCG and Mayne has a cracking game. Nobody who was at the SCG two years ago would have predicted it. Redemption, it’s wonderful to see, kudos to the lad :thumbsu:

Last edited:

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought he was solid tonight. Handy that he can be shifted forward like that and still impact a game because he struggled before that. Got lucky on the Rampe 50m because he'd sprayed the shot.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought he was solid tonight. Handy that he can be shifted forward like that and still impact a game because he struggled before that. Got lucky on the Rampe 50m because he'd sprayed the shot.
I know his set shots in 2017 were awful but I think he sprayed it because Rampe went so far over the mark

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would be leading the B&F has he not be injured.
Not leading.

Grundy and Pendlebury would have been.

But he’d be going well and he’s going well now. Be a nice Copeland result this year.
But not in the real hunt.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Im developing a healthy crush* on the Mane man these days. Got hair like a Gypsy Vanner thst one. I was a sceptic now I am a convert.

*hes no Josh Schache but then who is?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Im developing a healthy crush* on the Mane man these days. Got hair like a Gypsy Vanner thst one. I was a sceptic now I am a convert.

*hes no Josh Schache but then who is?
Please bad horse.

Let’s get this straight. When it comes to the beauty realm Schache and. Mayne never go in the same sentence.
See how I used a full stop.

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
He **** the bed on that last attempt, theres no two-ways about it.
Except there obviously is.
Everyone was having a go at Mihocek kicking his set shots too close the mark, Rampe went a good 5 metres over the mark out of nowhere. You may as well throw that attempt out the window.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
He **** the bed on that last attempt, theres no two-ways about it.

Absolutely not. Completely unfair to judge any player on an attempt where the player on the mark is jumping at you while well over the mark. After seeing the replay again, it's certainly not to say it would have definitely gone through for a goal if it was a fair attempt, but your kicking style can feel cramped when you're suddenly with less space than you think.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Congrats to the Maynes!

Congrates. Needs to find another 60 odd games for it to become relevant to the Pies in terms of a F/D selection. Shame that 1st year was a wash-out because that's the best part of 3 seasons and I'm not sure he has that in him.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
For those interested in such things, during games, Chris is very involved in ensuring players are correctly positioned and in their spaces.
Clearly you can see him doing that. And the players respond well to it by the looks.

He’s very valued internally is my guess.

A ripper guy by all accounts.

For those interested in such things, during games, Chris is very involved in ensuring players are correctly positioned and in their spaces.
Clearly you can see him doing that. And the players respond well to it by the looks.

Mayne’s resurgence as a footballer has coincided with our rise to premiership contender.
This is not a coincidence.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Maybe reassess your top 10 then Saintly.......he is that important IMO and Maggie5.

Back