Player Watch Chris Mayne (Retired 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mayne’s resurgence as a footballer has coincided with our rise to premiership contender.
This is not a coincidence.
I’m not sure it’s not a coincidence but his good form helps.

Each soldier doing their jobs their roles, each for the other.

Maybe reassess your top 10 then Saintly.......he is that important IMO and Maggie5.
Not quite top 10, but my respect for him is immense.
He’s earned everything, he deserves his big prize like a flag this year.

:)

For those interested in such things, during games, Chris is very involved in ensuring players are correctly positioned and in their spaces.
Clearly you can see him doing that. And the players respond well to it by the looks.

He’s very valued internally is my guess.

A ripper guy by all accounts.

And I don’t know if you’ve noticed but at the end of a game it seems like it’s Pendles and Chris that Bucks goes to first looking for feedback...

And I don’t know if you’ve noticed but at the end of a game it seems like it’s Pendles and Chris that Bucks goes to first looking for feedback...
No haven’t noticed that, but will look out for it now.

Good pick up.

What champion fellow he is ,would be great to keep him at the club after his footy is over.

Agreed........he is going to make an awesome Dad also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setting aside what people think of JS’s motivation for posting the video the content alarmed me. I know Mayne is a steady influence when you have headless chooks like Madgen and Maynard running around in D50, but that montage was primarily from one game (I didn’t watch it all).

We need to speed up our ball movement and when it’s broken down like that I don’t think I want him back in the mix. Bianco will lose contests, shape and probably not find as much ball, but I think there’s more value in him moving into that role for the remainder of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back