Universal Love Chris Mayne

Remove this Banner Ad

You forgot to mention signing up Ross Lyon until the end of 2020. Thanks for Luke Ball Rossy.

Will be an interesting experiment to see if Lyon can actually build a team from just about scratch. Their age profile doesn't help him too much.

RESPECTED AFL commentator Dennis Cometti has raised a potentially left field destination for Chris Mayne next season.

In a column for the West Australian, Cometti suggested Mayne could return to his former club, Fremantle.
“How closely are Fremantle following this little saga?” Cometti wrote.

“Is it possible that the Dockers could push for Collingwood to pay at least half of Chris Mayne's wage before agreeing to clear him back to his old club?

“I don't know how things ended between Mayne and Fremantle but I reckon he could be a cheap and useful recruit.

“I've always admired him and I'm not sure his current club have too many alternatives.”

Mayne left the Dockers as a free agent last season and joined the Magpies on a lucrative four-year deal worth around $500,000 a season.

Year one was a disaster, with Mayne playing just three senior games and spending the rest of his time in the VFL.

FULL STORY: http://bit.ly/2wD52Zc

RESPECTED AFL commentator Dennis Cometti has raised a potentially left field destination for Chris Mayne next season.

In a column for the West Australian, Cometti suggested Mayne could return to his former club, Fremantle.
“How closely are Fremantle following this little saga?” Cometti wrote.

“Is it possible that the Dockers could push for Collingwood to pay at least half of Chris Mayne's wage before agreeing to clear him back to his old club?

“I don't know how things ended between Mayne and Fremantle but I reckon he could be a cheap and useful recruit.

“I've always admired him and I'm not sure his current club have too many alternatives.”

Mayne left the Dockers as a free agent last season and joined the Magpies on a lucrative four-year deal worth around $500,000 a season.

Year one was a disaster, with Mayne playing just three senior games and spending the rest of his time in the VFL.

FULL STORY: http://bit.ly/2wD52Zc
Mayne for Balic and we pick up half the cheque

Maynes exit interview was today I thought we would have some juicy goss by now

You forgot to mention signing up Ross Lyon until the end of 2020. Thanks for Luke Ball Rossy.
Nothing will ever beat Stkildas gifting of Luke ball.
Thanks Ross

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your current and future coach clearly sat in the meeting with his manager and the (soon to be departed) GM of Football and gave his blessing to picking up Mayne on $500k per year until the end 2020.

So his footballing future is either:

1. $1.5M to stay on your list and play VFL;

2. Try to trade him to another club who will pick up his 3 year contract with Collingwood paying a big chunk (so not going to happen); or

3. Whether it's now, or next year after one final crack, put him on the coaching staff with an early retirement from playing (most likely).

Either way, it's nobody's fault but Buckley.
Thank you for your enlightenment. You truly are wasting your talents on Bigfooty.

Their generosity knows no bounds. We offered pick 30 and a choice of Wellingham or Goldsack, but Rossy said "no thanks thats far too generous....have him for free at the draft".
They do have Freeman so in two or three weeks we'll see how that's going for them

Don't worry I will remind you about this when Freeman plays his 250th!:eek:
Just remind us when he plays his 25th game

(Actually wish him well, except against us)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back