Toast Chris Mayne

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, I cracked the shits when he kicked the post, i'm sure all freo fans did.. But I don't blame Mayney for the loss. There were plenty of guys that missed the chance, my only ask is that some of these guys (Mayne included) go the drop punt when they're standing in front of the goals. The guy is a dream to watch and it's a privilege to have him as a freo player. He's like a deBoer that that kicks goals and mascots at the same time.

Heard him on 6pr on the way home from work. Very well spoken guy, sounds very devoted to the club. Potential to be a future leader for the club.

On other matters, it's either our boy are well coached to be media savvy or they have been very well indoctrinated. I couldn't count the number of times Mayne talked about the importance of "great effort." It's a great mindset and culture to cultivate in a young and motivated club. :thumbsu:

On other matters, it's either our boy are well coached to be media savvy or they have been very well indoctrinated. I couldn't count the number of times Mayne talked about the importance of "great effort." It's a great mindset and culture to cultivate in a young and motivated club. :thumbsu:

RTB has that effect on people. During his time at the Saints every one of their players sounded like a cult drone during interviews.

For better or worse it's a sign of a great leader.

Still a valuable player in out Squad. Impressed me he kicked 39 goals 7 behinds last season. I would like to see if he had double the amount of shots this season. Imagine him kicking 78 goals 14!:eek:

Still he makes use of the limited chances at goal.

Collingwood just tweeted he has completed his move over east.

A serviceable, passionate Freo player since 2008. Played 172 games for the club, including 196 goals. Made the 2013 GF, kicking the lone goal that remains one of the most spine tingling moment as a Freo fan. Best of all he amassed 708 tackles across his career in purple.
Farwell Mayne, all the best over at Collingwood.

Collingwood just tweeted he has completed his move over east.

A serviceable, passionate Freo player since 2008. Played 172 games for the club, including 196 goals. Made the 2013 GF, kicking the lone goal that remains one of the most spine tingling moment as a Freo fan. Best of all he amassed 708 tackles across his career in purple.
Farwell Mayne, all the best over at Collingwood.

I know the Freo Faithful will welcome Chopper as we welcomed Creepy....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will certainly get a cheer from me next time I see him in a game even though it will be for Collingwood. Great character, brilliant pressure skills and an even better person off the field according to the many charities he supported.

Most of us will miss you Mayney but it appears to be a genuine win win for both parties. Sad that you didn't get a send off in the final game or even at the Doig medal. you certainly deserved one final cheer from the freo faithful.

Thank goodness we have moved on some forwards in this draft.

You just know the Collingwood faithful will fall in love with this guy when they see the effort he puts into every game he plays.

We give him s**t but he was a damn good player for us (despite the kicking). I hope he does well for Collingwood.

Well, he had one pretty good year. But since then he's been bog ordinary, and an early 2nd rounder is highway robbery.

I can only wonder what is going through the heads of Collingwood's recruiters, and thank whoever it is that put it there.

Have fun as Dad's Army next year. Not the place for invading negativity: there have been worst people and players to represent Freo.

I didn't say he was rubbish - simply saying - in the open market - do you think he'd fetch a low 20's pick?

Absolute banditry for Freo. IMO - this highlights why FA compensation is ridiculous.

Just on the dad's army comment... I would assume we would remain younger than Freo next year

We have 2, maybe 3 blokes older than 30

Tanking is back if you are planning off load a bunch of free agents.

Freo's (or any club) compo" should be salary cap space to go and target someone else

The idea that every other clubs pays is ridiculous. Hopefully this is the last season of it - distorts the trade period

Still - kudos to freo for benefiting whilst it is there

Tanking is back if you are planning off load a bunch of free agents.
It's unlike the AFL to introduce a new system and keep tweaking it without thinking of the longer term consequences...

The new points system lasted like two weeks before they realized expansion clubs were exploiting it to build up points and get back picks they wouldn't use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back