Toast Chris Mayne

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't say he was rubbish - simply saying - in the open market - do you think he'd fetch a low 20's pick?

Absolute banditry for Freo. IMO - this highlights why FA compensation is ridiculous.

Just on the dad's army comment... I would assume we would remain younger than Freo next year

We have 2, maybe 3 blokes older than 30

Redden went for pick #17 and Chris has done more than him.

Hahahah 4 year deal, what are the pies thinking

Beautiful pick as well, probs going to the hawks though

I just want to say thanks Chris for all you've done for the club.

Your goal kicking has been astray in recent times but you never gave less than 100%. I'd like to graft your heart onto a few other players who haven't given half as much.

Good luck for your future, except when playing us of course! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I didn't say he was rubbish - simply saying - in the open market - do you think he'd fetch a low 20's pick?

Absolute banditry for Freo. IMO - this highlights why FA compensation is ridiculous.

in the open market he wouldn't get the contract offered. Clubs overpay for Free Agents because. ...they are free, in terms of trading. Why should they be the beneficiaries? I am very happy with the Mayne compo, but actually think that the system is not too bad.

Hmmm... now that we have this beautiful pick I'm not so sure I want it flying out of our hands. Time to reduce emotion and seriously think about our future; do we need Brad Hill as much as that pick? He adds value but we could be robbing ourselves of the next superstar in our team. A good problem to have indeed.

Just quietly - I'm enjoying this trade period. I've never said that before.

Mayne thanks for the memories good and bad. All the best with collie and get back your scoring touch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, he looks s**t in black and white. :p

14642116_10154219529351107_5087298774670015300_n.jpg

Sad to see Mayne go. Glad we got such a good compensation pick to soften the blow.
On the field his effort could never be faulted and Freo at their best had Mayne putting on intense forward defensive pressure.

But I am most sad of his leaving because of his off the field work. His efforts as a Starlight Foundation ambassador, raising money and awareness for children suffering health issues has been inspiring to many. In 2015, he was nominated for the Jim Stynes award for such efforts.
For me, he has been a major contributor to the positive club culture at Freo, a culture that makes me a proud passionate supporter.

Leave with your head high Chris Mayne. Thanks!

I just want to say thanks Chris for all you've done for the club.

Your goal kicking has been astray in recent times but you never gave less than 100%. I'd like to graft your heart onto a few other players who haven't given half as much.

Good luck for your future, except when playing us of course! :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Zac Clarke with Mayne's heart. Holy moly..
But definitely agree, didn't have the amazing skills or agility of a Rioli or Breust. But gee he gave it all, 12 tackles in the Preliminary final against Sydney in 2013. He was brilliant late 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back