Toast Chris Mayne's a Legend. Re-signed until 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Be a great avatar for you Ben?

My respect for Mayne is large & his resilience is to be utterly admired imo. Sure he is not amongst our best, and the size of his contract is not his fault ultimately. He would be well aware of the bucketing he has received from the media, fans & social media- as well as the fact his firm didn’t reflect his contract, yet he persevered when, IMO, many others would have given up under the pressure.
It’s great to see him contributing.

I could be wallowing in bed - but no, I am up working (apart from procrastinating on BigFooty).

Why?

You inspire me Chris. You are the wind beneath my wings. Kudos medium guy!

Perfect

There’s a little bit of Chris in all of us. Many of us are battlers punching above our weight from time to time.

Good to see the Chris’ of this world get some recognition

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just holding his spot I reckon, his first quarter where he was getting a few possesions on the wing were the reason why we failed to score, does not have the confidence or the pace to play on quickly thus the dogs were able to zone easily in the first because evertime he got the ball he stopped and went back over the mark, 70's footy

He actually took on the game for once, good work Mayne, just for that your not on my drop list this week.

We haven’t stopped talking about it since the deal was done. How much more interest do you think we need?

It’s in the past and that can’t be changed. Just let him finally play.
Uh huh? So why the left field overs offer? I’ve seen a lot of angst about it. But no explanation.

Glad to see Mayne playing well though. He was trying hard last night against the early flow.

Anyone else thinking contract extension?

Damn it! I've done it again.

giphy.gif

Still not sold though he did no harm to his , stagnant reputation on Friday night.
Still an unconscious Selwood or two away from acceptance though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he plays I support him.

I don’t get the nastiness directed at him?

He’s not elite, he’s not a star, he seems a yard slower, he doesn’t kick as far as he used to.

But he’s going ok as a near medium level player at the moment.

He’ll make way as better ones come in, but he’s been serviceable.

Also seems like a decent enough bloke, good attitude.

Wish him well.

Yes, the dislike towards him is and was ill-directed. It should be directed at the club. His recruitment was not a bad decision, the price and contract length was.

Yes, the dislike towards him is and was ill-directed. It should be directed at the club. His recruitment was not a bad decision, the price and contract length was.
I don't think anyone dislikes Mayne as a bloke.

Thought that was his best game for the club.

I don't think he is setting the world on fire, but he is proving a handy link up player. He is finding space and proving a nice outlet option. His defensive pressure is starting to return to its best as well.

Credit to him. He is making the most of his opportunity.

If he continues to track the way he is going Mayney will be hard to knock out of the side, starts this week against his former side and hope he performs to the level he's been playing. In Mayne we trust?

I’m still trying to figure out why he’s in the team and what his role is.

His goal kicking is terrible, he isn’t quick, he fumbles.

He isn’t playing in the forward line, he isn’t in the midfield. He just is sort of floating around between the centre circle and 50m paint.

He isn’t really a wingman giving an option to an exit kick from defensive 50. He isn’t tagging in the midfield or on a dangerous half back flanker, which is something I thought he could maybe do.

He is getting some possessions but I wouldn’t describe them as damaging or creative.

Can anyone see what his role is or what he’s meant to be doing? Is he a wingman? Maybe?

He’s a link-up wingman who then moves the ball a short distance by hand and foot to a runner or someone with better skills. He offers a bail out option, pressure, and some experience. He’s no star but he’s playing a role.

It will be interesting, to see if he holds his spot, if and when we start getting our injured players back.
He has been ok, like to see a bit more offensive from him, but he is playing his role.

I could be wallowing in bed - but no, I am up working (apart from procrastinating on BigFooty).

Why?

You inspire me Chris. You are the wind beneath my wings. Kudos medium guy!
Don’t you let Ben catch you dipping your affections around the nest.

None of the “let me wet my beak a little”

Perfect

There’s a little bit of Chris in all of us. Many of us are battlers punching above our weight from time to time.

Good to see the Chris’ of this world get some recognition

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’m tipping he’s punching very well indeed, well above bantam weight

F04CAFDD-5C73-4BAA-BA66-9EC9A2DA1F12.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back