Tim the Toolman

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Beaconsfield Super Rules
I don't know if you would call it commentating but his barracking and "we" "we" "we" was getting to me last night.

Did anyone else want to throw their cushions at the TV if they were watching Fox last night?

These biased "ring-ins" foxtel use to commentate games is annoying not only in Adelaide but when they broadcast games in the west too...

Guess its something we gotta deal with while fox are cost cutting...

Actually, I've had a few beers with Ayresy at a party and mark my words, you listen to every word he says. Scarey bugger!

Probably the look on his face when he says it, i mean if he was talking to me, i would also listen but would it have any effect (the way he says it)...???

Not quite sure where you get the idea McDermott was biased towards Adelaide from. If anything, he was biased against Adelaide as he usually is in the media over here.

Still has a massive chip on his shoulder from when he was delisted/retired at the end of 1996 and wasn't offered a coaching role.

ummmmm.....don't know what you've been smoking but I've seen the game twice and he's definitely barracking if you listen? :rolleyes:

I never heard the commentary so I am not arguing the point. I am surprised because if there's one member of the media in Adelaide who doesn't show bias towards the Crows it's Chris McDermott. He has been refreshing to those of us in Adelaide who are sick of the Hollywood film star treatment the Crows get from the media. That's not to say he is anti-Crows, but he calls a spade a spade, which I think is good.

Tim the Toolman said:
ummmmm.....don't know what you've been smoking but I've seen the game twice and he's definitely barracking if you listen? :rolleyes:

OK, so continue to pick apart the commentary rather than enjoy the win.

Adelaide Hawk said:
I never heard the commentary so I am not arguing the point. I am surprised because if there's one member of the media in Adelaide who doesn't show bias towards the Crows it's Chris McDermott. He has been refreshing to those of us in Adelaide who are sick of the Hollywood film star treatment the Crows get from the media. That's not to say he is anti-Crows, but he calls a spade a spade, which I think is good.

All you ********ers who critisize the media in Adelaide for being biased are complete and utter hypocrites.

In Melbourne try and get information about any other team apart from the teams there and you get about 2% and why because they dont have a market there. Simple now isnt it when you ulnderstand the reasons.
But dont listen to TV commentary anyway, its pitiful.

AH why dont you leave this city if you dont like it and we will be all the better for it.

Tool of the highes order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Markthirtytwo said:
All you ********ers who critisize the media in Adelaide for being biased are complete and utter hypocrites.

In Melbourne try and get information about any other team apart from the teams there and you get about 2% and why because they dont have a market there. Simple now isnt it when you ulnderstand the reasons.

AH why dont you leave this city if you dont like it and we will be all the better for it.

Pull your head in, mate. This isn't about the media, Adelaide or 5AA. I understand and agree that 5AA should be playing to their audience -- exactly like the Herald-Sun does.

This is solely about Chris MacDermott, and his ability to understand what his job is, and perform that task. He's just not very good at that. A suit and tie will only get you so far.

Markthirtytwo said:

its idiots like you that give us south aussies a bad name :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back