Chris Schmit

Remove this Banner Ad

marcmurphy3

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Has anyone seen Chris Schmitt play. What are his pros and cons and how do you rate him compared to other guys we sould take with picks 17 and 19? I know that he can play on the flanks and wings but is he any good as an inside midfielder as I believe we don't have enough of these.

I just thought that maybe if we drafted another SA kid that Bryce knows he would feel more comfortable at the club and we may be more likely to keep him in the long term.

Well we have certainly drafted players before because they have a connection with each other. Russell and Hartlett a case in point, unfortunately both are struggling at the moment. If one goes the other might be more vulnerable.

If Gibbs and Schmidt are friends, then being there together might help. If Schmidt doesn't make the grade however and is delisted, will that make Gibbs more likely to go? We have to be careful with the reasons we do things.

Have seen good reviews of Schmidt though, haven't seen him myself.

marcmurphy3 said:
Has anyone seen Chris Schmitt play. What are his pros and cons and how do you rate him compared to other guys we sould take with picks 17 and 19? I know that he can play on the flanks and wings but is he any good as an inside midfielder as I believe we don't have enough of these.

I just thought that maybe if we drafted another SA kid that Bryce knows he would feel more comfortable at the club and we may be more likely to keep him in the long term.
I liked what I saw of him in the U18 National Championships. A slightly built kid at the moment but that didn't stop him backing into packs to take contested marks. I likened him to Ken Hunter because of his build and courage. I think we could do a lot worse than take him with pick 17 or 19 (if he is still available).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back