Chris Scott’s Round 20 Press Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

cats2016

Debutant
Sep 12, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Why, Chris? Why did you have to go and do that?

Why did you have to make so much sense by telling everyone that Richmond need a lot to go right to win the flag? Like every other team does? That is so correct, and clear, and logical that it’s going to force absolute dim witted opposition supporters who don’t subscribe to logic to attack you and us, your fans. And then I’m going to have to get involved, and speak up in defence of you, and how amazing we were last night. We SMASHED Richmond, and didn’t execute a couple of kicks that would have won the game. You built the game up during the week by telling everyone that Richmond were vulnerable, could be beaten and then PROVED IT. Why? Couldn’t you just once be like every other coach in the league and straight bat any talk of the opposition? Now you’ve got me proud, and defensive like those idiot Essendon supporters.

Why did you have to make so much sense by telling everyone that Richmond need a lot to go right to win the flag? Like every other team does? That is so correct, and clear, and logical that it’s going to force absolute dim witted opposition supporters who don’t subscribe to logic to attack you and us, your fans. And then I’m going to have to get involved, and speak up in defence of you, and how amazing we were last night. We SMASHED Richmond, and didn’t execute a couple of kicks that would have won the game. You built the game up during the week by telling everyone that Richmond were vulnerable, could be beaten and then PROVED IT. Why? Couldn’t you just once be like every other coach in the league and straight bat any talk of the opposition? Now you’ve got me proud, and defensive like those idiot Essendon supporters.

Lols, we smashed them, but just fell short. We proved they can be beaten, by losing the game to them.
This is comedy gold.

Last edited:

Will you be able to 'smash' Richmond again from outside the 8? You should make it but it's not a given just yet, just sayin...

Geelong vs Hawthorn next week will be probably the most decisive Friday night clash so far. If Hawthorn lose today, it'll be a must win for them as well as the Cats.

yep, lots of cut throat stuff coming up, one in a couple hours as it happens, just hope The Dons can 'smash' Hawthorne a bit more than the Cats did the Tiges last night;)

I agree with some of Scott's comments TBH.

Of course Richmond are beatable, they've lost 4 games already this year.
At The MCG though, it's a different kettle of fish.

If Richmond do make the GF, it's hard to see them losing to an interstate
side but a Geelong, Melbourne or Collingwood on their day are a chance I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep, lots of cut throat stuff coming up, one in a couple hours as it happens, just hope The Dons can 'smash' Hawthorne a bit more than the Cats did the Tiges last night;)

I'm thinking of heading to the game. Will probably have to decide soon though.

Geelong vs Hawthorn next week will be probably the most decisive Friday night clash so far. If Hawthorn lose today, it'll be a must win for them as well as the Cats.

Another classic is brewing. Except that game is on Saturday 1:45 at the MCG. ... we have the blockbuster Essendon vs St. Kilda on friday *rolls eyes*

Scott is the sorest disrespectful loser out there. He hates us and tries to make out that he doesn't rate us as a team or a premier. Apparently past premiers were unbeatable. Hope we meet them in a final. We'll be resting players over the next fortnight and several players will be back from injury. We'll bring our finals pressure this time which is a lot more than we brought last night. It will be a 10-15 goal belting

I’m not a big fan of Scott, but I think it’s refreshing for coaches to be bullish about their chances and a bit more challenging in the media.

Geelong had their moments and obviously came home strong, but from a neutral perspective I thought the tigers were much better for 1.5 quarters then took their foot off the gas. That was a mistake but they then got out to a lead again only for Geelong to come back at them.

Hardwick banked the four points but also got the learning points to hammer home to his players about resting on your laurels. Pretty good night all in all for the tigers I would have thought.

OP, I agree that Scott has every right to say that Richmond are beatable (and of course we are). If I were a Geelong player this is exactly the message I'd want to hear as well. Perhaps Scott would have been better advised to focus (and comment) on what needs to be changed in order to actually make it back into the 8.

However, to say that you SMASHED Richmond last night is utter fantasy. The game was an arm-wrestle for much of the time, with Geelong in front for about 10 minutes of the 1st quarter, and then drawing level for 1 minute into the 3rd. Otherwise Richmond in front for the remainder of the match, and at stages in front by 3-4 goals.

Did you go to the game, or watch it?

Lols, we smashed them, but just fell short. We proved they can be beaten, by losing the game to them.
This is comedy gold.

Agreed, have never understood the logic that says if we got close, it means we can beat them...

Scott is the sorest disrespectful loser out there. He hates us and tries to make out that he doesn't rate us as a team or a premier. Apparently past premiers were unbeatable. Hope we meet them in a final. We'll be resting players over the next fortnight and several players will be back from injury. We'll bring our finals pressure this time which is a lot more than we brought last night. It will be a 10-15 goal belting
Don't think you get to claim having a depleted list. If you had even luck with injuries in 2017 you aren't the premiers.

Chris Scott handed dimma the motivation sound bites to play to the players IF we have to play the pussies again.

Cheers Scotty ya salty old dog.
"Mission accomplished"

Imagine Listening to Brad scott for 20 minutes and then being told his brother is worse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back