Chris Scott’s Round 20 Press Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

What if the Tiges don’t win. Will Scott’s Round 20 conference be revisited and given a more positive appraisal?

I know that these parts of the Round 20 conference won't be:

''I don't think anyone from our footy club should be walking away thinking we need to change anything drastic to beat Richmond''

Particularly if we're not even able to progress far enough to earn the chance to play them again ..

''They need a lot to go right for them at the moment. No question''

But we'll need a miracle ...

I know that these parts of the Round 20 conference won't be:

''I don't think anyone from our footy club should be walking away thinking we need to change anything drastic to beat Richmond''

Particularly if we're not even able to progress far enough to earn the chance to play them again ..

''They need a lot to go right for them at the moment. No question''

But we'll need a miracle ...
Yeah maybe not those bits

I thought he was very good in his presser. Made a point of going credit to the opposition and was very measured in his responses to what were not very interesting or insightful questions.
He was candid, humble and sincere. What more do you think he could have done? Apologised because his analysis of the finals situations was seen as arrogant by a few flogs on BF? At least he puts a bit of thought (and a bit of skin) into what he says and doesn't mouth a few safe platitudes.
I reckon he sent his brother in

Because Richmond supporters have waited 40 years for their day in the sun. Bless em.
Not quite 40 years just to be accurate and your last three finals against make interesting reading

41080575_1106062752881531_8712158056890236928_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott was right!! A lesson in humility richmon supporters. All the best in the off season! ;)
He was right. They were beatable
But I don’t know where he got this unbeatable stuff from though.

Was interesting in a loss he seemed to focus on Richmond’s fortunes moving forward. In hindsight perhaps he should have set his team up more to play finals themselves.

Well done Geelong supporters. You lost earlier in the year than Richmond and therefore somehow feel solace in bringing it up again by bumping this thread.

It was a Sydney supporter who bumped it mate.

I think most coaches that played Richmond after that Geelong match took what the Cats did and what Scott said and used it against you guys have a look at the results since?
A Performance like tonight was coming pity it was a prelim but it was coming if it wasn't tonight would have probably happen next week! probably time for a new game plan now with Lynch coming in next season.

It was a Sydney supporter who bumped it mate.

I think most coaches that played Richmond after that Geelong match took what the Cats did and what Scott said and used it against you guys have a look at the results since?
A Performance like tonight was coming pity it was prelim but it was coming if it wasn't tonight would have probably happen next week! time for a new game plan with Lynch coming in next season.

Noway jose.

Richmond was always most susceptible to Collingwood and Melbourne this year because they play the same brand of football but the other teams have arguably more talent. The question was would those teams be able to match Richmond's fitness. You saw what Melbourne did to Geelong. Richmond would have done the same, as would Collingood.

Fair shake on it being a Sydney bump though. My mistake.

He was right. They were beatable
But I don’t know where he got this unbeatable stuff from though.

Was interesting in a loss he seemed to focus on Richmond’s fortunes moving forward. In hindsight perhaps he should have set his team up more to play finals themselves.

He was asked in the presser where the current Richmond team ranks against some of the great sides of the past particular his own Brisbane side and the Cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back