King Cold

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL
Chris Scott coaches his 200th game this weekend, and with a win percentage of 70% over his coaching career, it's the highest win percentage of any current coach.

Not bad considering the amount of talent the club has lost over his coaching career, and to think when he first started coaching I felt there was a Gary Ayers vibe about him, I can say that I'm very happy to be proven wrong in that regard.

Hats off to one of the great GFC coaches in Scotty. :thumbsu:

ThE 2011 TeAm WoUlD hAvE cOaChEd iTsElF tO a FlAg
1558500032882.png

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
He's a good coach.

Not sure I would go so far as to call him a great coach, but as just a good coach he can proudly look back on his tenure as the club punching above its weight.

Last edited:
Its a massive 'if', but if he manages to take them to a Flag this year, he will be the best coach I've seen in my lifetime at Geelong.

Will have done as much as Bomber with less.

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Chris Scott coaches his 200th game this weekend, and with a win percentage of 70% over his coaching career, it's the highest win percentage of any current coach.

Not bad considering the amount of talent the club has lost over his coaching career, and to think when he first started coaching I felt there was a Gary Ayers vibe about him, I can say that I'm very happy to be proven wrong in that regard.

Hats off to one of the great GFC coaches in Scotty. :thumbsu:

It's actually the highest win percentage of any coach who has coached more than 80 games in the history of the VFL/AFL.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Its a massive 'if', but if he manages to take them to a Flag this year, he will be the best coach I've seen in my lifetime at Geelong.

Will have done as much as Bomber with less.

Will be the best geelong coach of all time if he wins it without a doubt

Two flags with limited resources and a lot working against him.

Will be the best geelong coach of all time if he wins it without a doubt

Two flags with limited resources and a lot working against him.
Wonder how he feels about losing Brad in the fraternity of coaches this year.
Suspect Brad will not be unemployed for too long.

It was all doom & gloom after 2010 prelim. Ablett leaves, bomber leaves, costa leaves but he pricked up those established cats and got a flag. Thought the drop would come in 13,14 after dipping in 2012 and Scarlo leaving. Missed in 2015 and the next few years looked gruesome with Stevie j, Corey , Chapman leaving. Club got danger and made next 2 prelims. And here we are with another predicted dip sitting on top at 9-1. It’s a great effort in 200 games, but 40% win ratio in finals needs to be addressed this season .

Back