Coach Chris Scott - coach of the year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwood, Hawkins, Taylor, Ablett and Duncan are the players left at Geelong that Bomber Thompson developed.
All are still in Geelong's top 10 players.
Only four players who have been drafted by Geelong during Chris Scott's tenure have finished top 10 in the best and fairest.
That is pretty damning.
Yet Scott gets lauded as a coaching god.
Who the * has ever called C Scott a coaching god? You'd never even hear a Geelong supporter say he is anything more than a decent coach. Go read our board.

Also had to lol at Bomber developing Hawkins and Duncan. Hawkins played 60 odd games under him and Bomber used him as a ruckman, Duncan played 8 games under Bomber in his single year under Bombers leadership.

Who the fu** has ever called C Scott a coaching god?

geelong_crazy26

You'd never even hear a Geelong supporter say he is anything more than a decent coach. Go read our board.

Also had to lol at Bomber developing Hawkins and Duncan. Hawkins played 60 odd games under him and Bomber used him as a ruckman, Duncan played 8 games under Bomber in his single year under Bombers leadership.

Hawkins was a premiership forward in Bomber Thompson's team.
He was a key player in Geelong's 2009 premiership.
Definitely a Bomber Thompson developed player who Chris Scott inherited and has reaped the rewards from.

geelong_crazy26

Definitely a Bomber Thompson developed player who Chris Scott inherited and has reaped the rewards from.

He played one ok year kicking 32 goals in 25 odd games out of 5 years with bomber and was on the cusp of being delisted before Scott turned him into an elite. His 2010 season was barely AFL standard. People seem to forget this because of what Scott turned him into. That’s definitely re writing history above saying bomber did anything but send him backwards

geelong_crazy26

Who cares though? Why does it matter which players were drafted once Scott took over? You're just making up stuff to try and back and an argument that no one is disagreeing with. I mean, you reckon only 4 players have ever finished top 10 in Geelong's B&F that were drafted (traded players don't matter anymore I guess?) under Scott's reign. There were 5 alone in the 2018 B&F that were drafted under Scott.

Who cares though? Why does it matter which players were drafted once Scott took over? You're just making up stuff to try and back and an argument that no one is disagreeing with. I mean, you reckon only 4 players have ever finished top 10 in Geelong's B&F that were drafted (traded players don't matter anymore I guess?) under Scott's reign. There were 5 alone in the 2018 B&F that were drafted under Scott.

Here is the quote regarding four players drafted under Chris Scott who have finished top 10 in the best and fairest under Scott's reign.
I remember seeing it at the time and found it hard to believe so decided to research myself.

Chris Scott has been at Geelong for 8 seasons now.

Only 4 players drafted in that time by Geelong have finished top 10 in the Cats B&F. 4 :eek:

Mark Blicavs
Cam Guthrie
Tom Stewart
Jed Bews

Top 10 in the B&F is not a high bar. There is either a massive problem with talent identification or with talent development.

Here is the quote regarding four players drafted under Chris Scott who have finished top 10 in the best and fairest under Scott's reign.
I remember seeing it at the time and found it hard to believe so decided to research myself.
So Tim Kelly, Jake Kolodjasnij & Sam Menegola don't count?

Quiet right...walked in won a GF with a team built by the hard work of others...then it was a case of look at me, look at me I'm a great coach!!!
(cos i did'nt drop the ball with this team!)
One thing CScott is great at is yapping, the guy is a talker and would talk under a tonne of wet cement! I reckon he talked hisself into the job of coach down there and then talked hisself into an extension! A sook and a yapper...look at his efforts with the umpires last match! Actions, scott actions speak louder than your sooky yapping! Coach of the Year?!?!!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaa give it a rest ffs, more like yapper of the year!

Can you link me to where he said ‘look at me look at me I’m a great coach.’
Can you link me to where anyone said that? Thanks in advance.

We all know that when a team gets knocked off its perch and mercilessly flogged by the new boys on the block, who don’t drop a game to any of the other 15 teams in the comp in an entire season, and you lose the best player of the millennium, but you somehow knock off the new boys not once, not twice, but thrice on the way to a premiership, the coach has had no influence.

It’s a fact.

A monkey could coach a side in that scenario. It’s why so many monkeys thrive.

It’s why Buckley has won all those flags with the side that Malthouse built.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood, Hawkins, Taylor, Ablett and Duncan are the players left at Geelong that Bomber Thompson developed.
All are still in Geelong's top 10 players.
Only four players who have been drafted by Geelong during Chris Scott's tenure have finished top 10 in the best and fairest.
That is pretty damning.
Yet Scott gets lauded as a coaching god.

He’s also had 1 top 10 draft pick in the time and that player is never on the park.

I think there are plenty of judgement criteria against him but this isn’t one of them.

We all know that when a team gets knocked off its perch and mercilessly flogged by the new boys on the block, who don’t drop a game to any of the other 15 teams in the comp in an entire season, and you lose the best player of the millennium, but you somehow knock off the new boys not once, not twice, but thrice on the way to a premiership, the coach has had no influence.

It’s a fact.

It's all in his body language and also his sookey attitude to the journos after losing a game...so obvious with his 'i'm the smartest man in this room' attitude..

It’s a fact.

Lots of bigfooty references where Cats supporters claim he is the best coach of all time.... if the bay counts :)

It's all in his body language and also his sookey attitude to the journos after losing a game...so obvious with his 'i'm the smartest man in this room' attitude..

Chris Scott is a competitive person, that’s why his body language is like that. Whenever he is asked about his coaching though he always references that it’s a group effort and compliments others such as Scarlett as the brains behind the defence. So no I disagree that he thinks he is the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back