Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at all, we've been silenced by our stunning finals victories in recent years. Our veterans have all delivered and the list management strategy has us all eating tons of humble pie.

Silenced??? That'll be the day...

Every poster on this board - would be absolutely rapt to have Eddie Betts come in - obviously a sensational and skilful player - and a genuine outsider - thus as a result he gets a 1000% tick of approval from every single poster on this board

I just wish all the new assistants - were exactly like Eddie Betts - they could offer plenty from a coaching aspect - and they were genuine outsiders

When Enright and Scarlet left - Kelly actually rang the club - and lets face it - its tremendous easy money - assistant coaching - thats why alot of them are on the merry go round

You mean first year coach with zero coaching experience? Im not sure that having a room full of coaching rookies is the way to go.

With that said, im very excited to have Eddie for all the positives and reasons you have listed.

HT is not in gameday - so its a little different in his role - but has history in that field.

GO Catters

Almost as nice as the sweeping generalisations made about posters because some can't stand contrary viewpoints.
Except you forgot one thing - the title of the thread. Doesn't look like it mentions any assistants. It does mention the senior coach.

Never change Scott fanboys... never change.

Almost as nice as those who aren't critical of everything that Scott does being labelled as fanboys.

Does not seem to be much progress on the actual football coaches coming in to replace Enright, Knights and Scarlet. Sure, maybe its a different structure, but Harry and Egan's role are not 'football' as such, so possibly Kelly is the only one in the door so far. Seems very strange, and really poorly thought through (very un-Geelong). Did they just pull the pin on their strategy after that unimpeachable confirmation that the strategy was wrong in the Prelim with Melb, and so are scrounging their way through a likely extremely limited field of coaches, and are going to have to take some high risks and/or go with proven mediocre coaches?
Just seems a bit broken in how they are going about this - hope I'm wrong and a well thought out strategy and approach is revealed in time, along with some people we think will be capable in delivering it.

Does not seem to be much progress on the actual football coaches coming in to replace Enright, Knights and Scarlet. Sure, maybe its a different structure, but Harry and Egan's role are not 'football' as such, so possibly Kelly is the only one in the door so far. Seems very strange, and really poorly thought through (very un-Geelong). Did they just pull the pin on their strategy after that unimpeachable confirmation that the strategy was wrong in the Prelim with Melb, and so are scrounging their way through a likely extremely limited field of coaches, and are going to have to take some high risks and/or go with proven mediocre coaches?
Just seems a bit broken in how they are going about this - hope I'm wrong and a well thought out strategy and approach is revealed in time, along with some people we think will be capable in delivering it.

Hocking has already explained that Enright, Knights & Scarlett may not be directly replaced:

However, Hocking says the structure may not follow the recent tradition of line coaches overseeing a specific part of the ground.

“As soon as you do announce someone, they say, ‘righto, what part of the field are they actually going to be looking after?’,” he said.

“Chris and (football boss) Simon Lloyd are currently working through what our coaching model will look like and whether we actually have line coaches.

“There’s some consideration going on around that.”

We all love a good rumour, don’t we? Well here’s one that I’m reliably informed is more than just a rumour…

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but apparently Chris Scott and Matthew Scarlett had a full-on punch-up after the preliminary final.

This more-than-a-rumour comes courtesy of the uncle of a current GFC player, so make of it what you will. But it would explain a few things if true!

Last edited:
We all love a good rumour, don’t we? Well here’s one that I’m reliably informed is more than just an rumour…

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but apparently Chris Scott and Matthew Scarlett had a full-on punch-up after the preliminary final.

This more-than-a-rumour comes courtesy of the uncle of a current GFC player, so make of it what you will. But it would explain a few things if true!

Well, hopefully they knocked a bit more sense into each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all love a good rumour, don’t we? Well here’s one that I’m reliably informed is more than just an rumour…

I remember when mitch duncan threw a chair at scott.

Who won?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back