Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part 5- its Like Rocky)

Remove this Banner Ad

Drunkcat

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
I am think Scott should stand down if he don't win the flag this year and go to Carlton, Then we will see how good he is....My reason for him to go sick of seeing his face just like a wife should be trade after 10 years;)

Vdubs

Hall of Famer
Jan 1, 2008
MYOB
AFL Club
Geelong
I am think Scott should stand down if he don't win the flag this year and go to Carlton, Then we will see how good he is....My reason for him to go sick of seeing his face just like a wife should be trade after 10 years;)
Carlton are an up and coming team, and a good chance of finishing above us next year.
They have 2 absolute superstars, and a lot to look forward to.

pollywaffle

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
I get the feeling that Scott would not want to preside over a rebuild phase at any club.
I doubt whether he would be any good at it anyway.
I reckon he has his sights set on a cushy media or AFL gig where his silver tongue can be fully exploited.
If we tank this year I wouldn’t be surprised if he pulled the pin.

CatToTheFuture

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Ironically I think he'd have Carlton in the top 4 within a few seasons. They have oodles of natural talent and a no defensive system. It's a perfect fit.

He won't do it though. 10 years of coaching, he needs a year or two away from it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Romeoh1

Debutant
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Walsh, Cripps, Weitering

no way would any one of those not be in our top 5 players
Weitering( a genuine key defender) and Walsh are very good and have bright futures - not sure I’d be labelling them ‘absolute superstars’ at this point. Cripps? -he might have been heading that way, but his body has limited him. I’d have thought he’d be lucky to be in top 10 mids now. Not sure I know what a superstar is anyway.
Probably tells us more about our list to be honest.

Hooker

Yes
Feb 14, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Weitering( a genuine key defender) and Walsh are very good and have bright futures - not sure I’d be labelling them ‘absolute superstars’ at this point. Cripps? -he might have been heading that way, but his body has limited him. I’d have thought he’d be lucky to be in top 10 mids now. Not sure I know what a superstar is anyway.
Probably tells us more about our list to be honest.
All 3 are elite but only Cripps has the superstar aura about him & he hasn’t lived up to that this year

Romeoh1

Debutant
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
All 3 are elite but only Cripps has the superstar aura about him & he hasn’t lived up to that this year
He been carrying some injury since some point last year maybe? Hasn’t been right with it. I think without the body damage he might have ‘lived up to it.’ Not sure you could call him elite anymore.

Turbocat

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
As I have found out in the review thread of the rich, its amazing how often people speak in absolutes. No one is ever gifted a flag... but its not often one gets a coaching job with a team coming off seasons like. GF, GF, GF, PF

CS was able to step in and coach a side that was already trained and welcomed a fresh voice, and a slight tweak in game plan. To some degree I think Beverage did the same after McCartney did a lot of hard work at the Dogs. It under plays that even with the players, one still has to bring them together etc far more example of talent being wasted than being maximised.

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
As I have found out in the review thread of the rich, its amazing how often people speak in absolutes. No one is ever gifted a flag... but its not often one gets a coaching job with a team coming off seasons like. GF, GF, GF, PF

CS was able to step in and coach a side that was already trained and welcomed a fresh voice, and a slight tweak in game plan. To some degree I think Beverage did the same after McCartney did a lot of hard work at the Dogs. It under plays that even with the players, one still has to bring them together etc far more example of talent being wasted than being maximised.
He came into the job at a good time no one would question that.

but so did Buckley 12 months later. What’s he got to show for it?

Remove this Banner Ad