Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

This is probably my favourite piece of denialism yet.

loosely translated:

‘scoring lots of points isn’t a sign of a good attacking team if their point scoring record roughly matches their ladder position.’

My mind is absolutely blown.
Just add it to the long list of feelpinions that Scott truthers reach for when the facts don’t appeal to them.

Just add it to the long list of feelpinions that Scott truthers reach for when the facts don’t appeal to them.
Chris Scott clearly has those same feel opinions too. As do all the commentators from every tv and radio station and pretty much all neutral football supporters. Not to mention a large amount of Geelong supporters who complain about defensive chip kick rubbish year after year.

But it’s only the Geelong supporters who love Chris Scott that have it right.

everyone else is wrong.

occams Razor anybody.

It’s hard to argue with people who don’t even understand when they have lost an argumemt.

denialism is posting in response a post and ignoring half the post you can’t even pretend to have an answer to.

This is the first self aware post you’ve made. Well done.

you literally tried to deny that we’ve been a good attacking side because ‘we are near the top of the ladder.’

just look at the ******* numbers and accept it. We are generally a very good attacking side. Attacking statistics are usually a decent indicator of this.

there is only so much utter bullshit and contradictory ******* spewtum you can post before people don’t even bother accepting that it is an ‘opinion’ but rather the ramblings and incoherencies
of someone who simply cannot accept that he’s undeniably wrong.

Chris Scott clearly has those same feel opinions too. As do all the commentators from every tv and radio station and pretty much all neutral football supporters. Not to mention a large amount of Geelong supporters who complain about defensive chip kick rubbish year after year.

But it’s only the Geelong supporters who love Chris Scott that have it right.

everyone else is wrong.

occams Razor anybody.
Hahahaha. Invokes Occam when the facts point to the complete opposite position. Hahahahahahahahaha.

One of the things that I think Scott deserves most credit for is the continual adaptation in system he's overseen during his tenure. He recognised that we only needed a slight change and not a complete overhaul in 2011. And at least since 2017, I feel he's been working on a system that is capable of standing up against the best teams. It relies a lot on players understanding the right time to possess and the right time to "go", and the skill to execute - i.e precise kicking.. It's not always the funnest to watch, just like the Hawthorn team of 2012-2015 were high scoring teams without being always exciting to watch. But give him credit where it's due. He has us playing a really solid system and one that bears absolutely no resemblance to the one he won the last flag with.

Rankings for points scored under Scott by season:
2020 1st
2019 2nd
2018 4th
2017 4th
2016 3rd
2015 12th
2014 6th
2013 2nd
2012 7th
2011 2nd

So only 3x outside of the top 5 scoring teams (and only 1x out of the top 10) in his tenure so far. We might not be moving the ball as fast as you like but it isn't stopping our scoring in comparison to our peers.

Not only that, our attack has performed more consistently than our defence in that same period, which implies our game needed to improve defensively (which it has over the last six seasons).

I just don't understand what you don't like about having extra tactics added above just fast attacking football - especially when they are so effective?
It really has nothing to do with style of play though.
I'd say there would be a good chance if you looked up Ross Lyon teams in their successfull years you would find their scoring to be decent.
But anyone who remembers watching them knows the style of play wasn't exciting.
But you could get out the scoring stats like that and make a case that it was. But it wasn't.

This is the first self aware post you’ve made. Well done.

you literally tried to deny that we’ve been a good attacking side because ‘we are near the top of the ladder.’

just look at the ******* numbers and accept it. We are generally a very good attacking side. Attacking statistics are usually a decent indicator of this.

there is only so much utter bullshit and contradictory ******* spewtum you can post before people don’t even bother accepting that it is an ‘opinion’ but rather the ramblings and incoherencies
of someone who simply cannot accept that he’s undeniably wrong.
You must not have watched us play much then.
We are a very good side. But we have not been very attacking for a long time.
That's not bullshit. We haven't.
No teams have really. Bulldogs have had a go at it. Port a bit. Essendon a bit. But that's about it.
I think it would be fair to say we'd be in the top few teams for backwards and sideways kicks? You think that's bullshit etc,etc?

Gotta say this year is different though. And yes Cameron is a big deal.
But in my humble opinion the real unsung hero is Brad Close.
Just that one player sometimes running at the right time or doing that clever handball into space instead of doing the safe option makes a world of difference.
Its huge the difference he makes.

You must not have watched us play much then.
We are a very good side. But we have not been very attacking for a long time.
That's not bullshit. We haven't.
No teams have really. Bulldogs have had a go at it. Port a bit. Essendon a bit. But that's about it.
I think it would be fair to say we'd be in the top few teams for backwards and sideways kicks? You think that's bullshit etc,etc?

Who the * cares. If it leads to more goals than other teams are kicking we can tuck the ball in our shorts and walk it to the other end for all I give a * about it

By the way in 2013 Fremantle ranked 11th for points scored
In 2014 they were 7th
In 2015 they were 11th

in 2008 st kilda were 8th
In 2009 when they went 20-2 they were 4th and marginally ahead of 5-6
In 2010 they were 8th
In 2011 they were 12th

While we are here are there ANY more claims you want to make that are completely factually wrong that we can dispel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reinventing the meaning of “attacking” to mean something else other than high scoring is really impressive stuff from the truthers.
Was Ross Lyon attacking? I suppose he was. His team scored more than the other team most weeks.
I know you won't believe me, but his teams were not great to watch.
The taggers were actually the most entertaining part of his teams. That's how bad it was.

Was Ross Lyon attacking? I suppose he was. His team scored more than the other team most weeks.
The taggers were actually the most entertaining part of his teams. That's how bad it was.
Show me the stats on how they scored compared with the comp and I’ll tell you how attacking they were.

Did Ross lyon’s teams routinely finish top four for scoring despite routinely finishing top four for wins and losses?

no.
They did it once. Aside from that one year - where they finished fourth for scoring - they were nowhere near it despite being generally in the best 2-3 teams in the competition

Who the fu** cares. If it leads to more goals than other teams are kicking we can tuck the ball in our shorts and walk it to the other end for all I give a fu** about it

By the way in 2013 Fremantle ranked 11th for points scored
In 2014 they were 7th
In 2015 they were 11th

in 2008 st kilda were 8th
In 2009 when they went 20-2 they were 4th and marginally ahead of 5-6
In 2010 they were 8th
In 2011 they were 12th

While we are here are there ANY more claims you want to make that are completely factually wrong that we can dispel?
What's factually wrong. When his team was good in he was in the top half of scoring.
Was his team in the top half of good teams to watch. No.
Try and dispel that if you want.
Yes that's all YOU give a f**k about.
To be fair that's all I really give a f**k about too.
Obviously I prefer the Geelong way, but footy in general ain't great anymore cause of more athletes in teams, hyper focussing on tackling and rules every year further facilitating those points.
As long wer'e not Ross Lyon or Paul Ross teams that's good enough.

He also has more finals loses over the last 9 years then any other coach in the history of the game.

and recruiting Dangerfield kind of helped pump up those all Australian numbers. Hawkins and Selwood all Australians weren’t exactly developed by Scott either.
You’re just making s**t up now. There is a thing called the internet to fact check. Jock McHale 30 losses Chris Scott 13, plus numerous others in between. Good try.

What's factually wrong. When his team was good in he was in the top half of scoring.
Was his team in the top half of good teams to watch. No.
Try and dispel that if you want.
Yes that's all YOU give a f**k about.
To be fair that's all I really give a f**k about too.
Obviously I prefer the Geelong way, but footy in general ain't great anymore cause of more athletes in teams, hyper focussing on tackling and rules every year further facilitating those points.
As long where not Ross Lyon or Paul Ross teams that's good enough.

Hahahahahaha

three times in that 7 year bracket they weren’t in the top half for scoring, another two times they were 8th of 16, and 8th of 16.
I wasn’t dispelling something YOU claimed. I know it was in a post responding to you but the point was aimed at Seeds who claimed that Lyon’s teams weren’t attacking but would have been at or near the top for points scored when they were sitting high on the ladder.

they weren’t. Apologies that I didn’t make it clear who those numbers were aimed at

Did Ross lyon’s teams routinely finish top four for scoring despite routinely finishing top four for wins and losses?

no.
They did it once. Aside from that one year - where they finished fourth for scoring - they were nowhere near it despite being generally in the best 2-3 teams in the competition
No. But still top 8. That's attacking. Except 2013. That is crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back