Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

How pathetic. If the afl doesn’t like coaches box theatrics, then tell ch 7 to stop filming it ffs.

He should've behaved himself and just thrown water bottles at the wall, and / or punched a hole in it.

Just plain lucky he hasn't gone out and abused the umpires in an underage game or something.........

Thinking this last part is a reason why we won't see Scott moved on this year (unless it's his choice) - seems he has the support of the players, especially as they feel he has their backs

If both the players & coaches have an obligation to lead by example and act in an appropriate manner, how come there was no please explain for Neale or any of the Lions players involved in the quarter time exchange?

Following an investigation by the AFL, operations boss says Steve Hocking says coaches and players have an obligation to lead by example.

“Everyone involved in Australian Football has a responsibility to demonstrate respect towards each other at all times – and that includes coaches towards players and players towards coaches,” he said.

If both the players & coaches have an obligation to lead by example and act in an appropriate manner, how come there was no please explain for Neale or any of the Lions players involved in the quarter time exchange?

So, were Hocking and the AFL even listening when he uttered the last four words in the quoted paragraph??

Another example of their hypocrisy.

So, were Hocking and the AFL even listening when he uttered the last four words in the quoted paragraph??

Another example of their hypocrisy.

why do you think I selected that part of the article to quote...

Weak from Scott and the Cats. I would have told them where to go, but then I hate when people pick fights and then sook when someone replies. Absolutely ridiculous that the players can say something to an opposition coach but that the coach is not allowed to respond. On the plus side the playing group reportedly loved how he had Rohan's back when he is also reportedly somewhat distant from the playing group so this will just galvanise the team. I can't be mad about that at all!

Also, the AFL can spare me with this role model crap given they are fine with Wayne Carey being on tv, and that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to their poor form regarding violence against women. As a girlie it annoys me how the AFL thinks it has any right to ride around on its high horse but whatever.

Weak from Scott and the Cats. I would have told them where to go, but then I hate when people pick fights and then sook when someone replies. Absolutely ridiculous that the players can say something to an opposition coach but that the coach is not allowed to respond. On the plus side the playing group reportedly loved how he had Rohan's back when he is also reportedly somewhat distant from the playing group so this will just galvanise the team. I can't be mad about that at all!

Also, the AFL can spare me with this role model crap given they are fine with Wayne Carey being on tv, and that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to their poor form regarding violence against women. As a girlie it annoys me how the AFL thinks it has any right to ride around on its high horse but whatever.

I wonder if all this will engender a siege mentality within the coaches and playing group, and galvanise their intent onfield?

Not exactly sure what Scott or the club have done which is weak...Scott stuck up for his players last Friday and has continued to do so all week, something which seems a rather strong action & sign of character

Scott answered questions on Friday night regarding the incident, and all week Scott & the Club have stuck with the same line of answers whenever the AFL has thrown a please explain to them. The AFL has then used those answers, along with any info they may have got from Brisbane, maybe stuff from the umpires and then the video footage to run their investigation and hand down punishment from that

There's not much that Scott or the club can actually do in this situation once the AFL has handed down the punishment, it's not like there's a tribunal they can take the decision to or somewhere to appeal it

And it's been heavily suggested the AFL is frustrated at their own inaction towards Scott earlier, which would mean that rather than this being a suspended fine he & the club is actually fined or potentially suspended, I'm thinking they'll take the suspended fine because seems like the AFL would have preferred to hand down a harsher punishment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not exactly sure what Scott or the club have done which is weak...Scott stuck up for his players last Friday and has continued to do so all week, something which seems a rather strong action & sign of character

Scott answered questions on Friday night regarding the incident, and all week Scott & the Club have stuck with the same line of answers whenever the AFL has thrown a please explain to them. The AFL has then used those answers, along with any info they may have got from Brisbane, maybe stuff from the umpires and then the video footage to run their investigation and hand down punishment from that

There's not much that Scott or the club can actually do in this situation once the AFL has handed down the punishment, it's not like there's a tribunal they can take the decision to or somewhere to appeal it

And it's been heavily suggested the AFL is frustrated at their own inaction towards Scott earlier, which would mean that rather than this being a suspended fine he & the club is actually fined or potentially suspended, I'm thinking they'll take the suspended fine because seems like the AFL would have preferred to hand down a harsher punishment
Yes. Scott responded to comments and backed his players. AFL will now crack down on similar behaviour, depending on the coach. We can use it for extra motivation in Round 15 at the Gabba.

Really??
Malthouse $7500 fine
Clarkson $20,000 fine
Scott $10,000 fine Suspended. He doesn't even have to pay it.
He'll be ok. It's no Geelong conspiracy or anything.
What I don't get is that Neale instigates the altercation with Rohan, and isn't even reprimanded. He flops like a serial stager, and the AFL says nothing. Neale then reportedly (quoting Damian Barrett & Chris Scott) instigates the Q1 verbal stoush and isn't cited or reprimanded. Evenb if he didn't start it he egged it on by being a smart arse loud mouth.

Does a reigning Brownlow medalist enjoy total immunity?

What I don't get is that Neale instigates the altercation with Rohan, and isn't even reprimanded. He flops like a serial stager, and the AFL says nothing. Neale then reportedly (quoting Damian Barrett & Chris Scott) instigates the Q1 verbal stoush and isn't cited or reprimanded. Evenb if he didn't start it he egged it on by being a smart arse loud mouth.

Does a reigning Brownlow medalist enjoy total immunity?

Exactly this - for Hocking to say “Everyone involved in Australian Football has a responsibility to demonstrate respect towards each other at all times – and that includes coaches towards players and players towards coaches,”

But then there's no investigation into the conduct by Neale or Harris/Daniher (appeared more likely to be the latest from the footage), no please explain issued and thus no fine or suspended fine, just makes it a total cop out

Fine that Scott's conduct wasn't a great look, but let's not kid ourselves that he was the only one involved

Given the AFL's please explain (read ch7& Fox's please explain) I hope Scott and the club close ranks and give them donuts at press conferences for the season.

I'm always bewildered by the constant hand wringing and faux outrage coming from all corners of the media about 'optics' or 'not a good look' (or whatever other term they want troglodyte commentators to use to give the illusion of intellect), and proceed to show replay after replay of said incident. It's usually followed by some bs about "we don't want kids seeing that", except for the 905 times we'll show it this week.

Watching AFL has become a chore. Not just Cats games, it's across the board trying to manufacture some interest in a game that has been diluted beyond belief. They oh and ah about nothing incidents in every game and then keep driving at it according to what they think will generate more clicks through the week. More outrage = more clicks.

Exactly this - for Hocking to say “Everyone involved in Australian Football has a responsibility to demonstrate respect towards each other at all times – and that includes coaches towards players and players towards coaches,”

But then there's no investigation into the conduct by Neale or Harris/Daniher (appeared more likely to be the latest from the footage), no please explain issued and thus no fine or suspended fine, just makes it a total cop out

Fine that Scott's conduct wasn't a great look, but let's not kid ourselves that he was the only one involved
I will be supporting the Pies tonight against the Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back